Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riggswolfe

Your Star Wars RPG supplement book wishlist

81 posts in this topic

This topic could go in any of the sub-forums but I decided to put it here:

I was thinking about this earlier. What would be my wishlist for non-career supplement books?

To head off the obvious I don't think an Imperial book is needed. You just make characters and play as Imperials if you feel the need for a bad guy campaign.

Ok, so:

Alien Compendium: I'd like to see a book that is a compilation of the released races from the various splat books plus a lot of unseen races, all made ready to use for PCs.

Droid Catalog: I'd love to see a book focused on droids. Not just lots of example droids but also stuff for droid PCs, like maybe a way to use attachments and mods on droids. (Forgive me if this exists and I missed it, to my knowledge the work around is to buy armor/weapons and mod them but treat them as if they are integral to the droid.)

Adversary handbook: Sort of a monster manual but with expanded rules for creating memorable villains similar to the Inquisitor rules out of F&D plus the advancing villains stuff from the EotE GM Kit. Also, perhaps rules/guidelines for giving the bad guys their own memorable ships. Speaking of:

A ship book: A book with lots of ships, preferably with a few including deck plans plus compiled attachments or the ships. And if there's room a few example Outlaw Tech starports! I am hoping the eventual Smuggler book will be something like this!

Given the pattern they're already moving down, I'm guessing we're going to see more career books, region books, and adventures.  So of course I'd like to see...

• ... the Bounty Hunter book
  • ... the Smuggler book.
  • ... the Technician book.
  • ... a Hutt Space sourcebook.
  • ... a Wild Space sourcebook.

But if we're talking about doing things different than their current pattern, I'd probably go with...

• ... an Old Republic sourcebook.
  • ... a Clone Wars era sourcebook.
  • ... a Droid Construction Kit.
  • ... an Arms & Armaments guide.
  • ... an Alien Compendium.
  • ... a non-combat equipment guide.

Combined Splatbooks:

Once the rpg line expands and the pressures of keeping books in print starts to mount, perhaps FFG could make a 'Players Guide' that combines the first 3 career splatbooks into a Pathfinder style expansion book.

It does go against the pick and choose style I love about this game system, but if it keeps things in print, then I'd be for such a move.

Hell, I think many of us would like a book like that, a way to combine weapon/equipment/ship lists and races into an easier to find format.

bradknowles likes this

Career books, possibly 15 more eventually.

More sector books like Corporate Sector or Hutt Space like Suns of Fortune.

I'd like to see books focused on the Rebels and the Empire for AoR line. These could include information on planets important to each faction. Not to mention new equipment and adversaries.

And eventually books focused on the Jedi and Sith for the F&D line. Again it could include important planets, new equipment and adversaries.

Lots that can still be done.

Since you're talking about NON-career books my wish list would be:

- Clone Wars / Separatist Hold-outs sourcebook,

- Hutt Space region book,

- Bothan Space region book,

- Starship operations sourcebook (à la Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters)

- Piracy/Privateering sourcebook

- Criminal Organizations sourcebook (Black Sun, etc.)

bradknowles and fatedtodie like this

A ship book: A book with lots of ships, preferably with a few including deck plans plus compiled attachments or the ships. And if there's room a few example Outlaw Tech starports! I am hoping the eventual Smuggler book will be something like this!

Since you're talking about NON-career books my wish list would be:

- Clone Wars / Separatist Hold-outs sourcebook,

- Hutt Space region book,

- Bothan Space region book,

- Starship operations sourcebook (à la Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters)

- Piracy/Privateering sourcebook

- Criminal Organizations sourcebook (Black Sun, etc.)

I would love to see a region book done for the Hapes Consortium. 

All of the above plus a Corporate Sector sourcebook, a Mon Cal space sourcebook (Including some of the smaller Mon Cal warships, stuff in the sil 5 to sil 7 range), a Mandalorian space book, a Tapani Sctor sourcebook, a Kuat Sector sourcebook, a sourcebook for whatever sector ,Rendili is in, a Brema sector AKA Sullust Sector Sourcebook, a Mytaranor sector sourcebook (Kashyyyk's sector), and a Sluis Sector book. Also if the Mechanic and Engineer books don't have them I would like much more extensive starship modification rules, and starship design rules.

Edited by RogueCorona
bradknowles likes this

What Simon Fix said. All of it.

Gamorean,Tusken raider and Ewoks as playable races.

(you can keep the gungans and ugnauts- thanks!)

I want to second this. Not all of it, but the first half. Let's have Ewoks and Gungans as free DLC. I'll be glad to help kickstart it or something. But it has to be free so that people don't complain about "having" to pay for it. Then I can finally make my Gungan Slicer, who can slice into your network in the time it takes him to say, "Ooh, meesa so sorry, Am too clumsy for mes own good!"   

Bounty Hunter is the only Career book that I really hunger for (now that I have colonist). I like the book of more options for droids. I'd also like a book for Naboo (I wonder why?) and one that helps the GM build more balanced adversary groups/encounters based on the PCs.

Spraug likes this

I would like to see Ewoks and Gungans as official PC races just so I can recreate my Ewok Sith Lord and his Gungan Apprentice from my Star Wars d20 days. :D

Given the pattern they're already moving down, I'm guessing we're going to see more career books, region books, and adventures.  So of course I'd like to see...

• ... the Bounty Hunter book
  • ... the Smuggler book.
  • ... the Technician book.
  • ... a Hutt Space sourcebook.
  • ... a Wild Space sourcebook.

But if we're talking about doing things different than their current pattern, I'd probably go with...

• ... an Old Republic sourcebook.
  • ... a Clone Wars era sourcebook.
  • ... a Droid Construction Kit.
  • ... an Arms & Armaments guide.
  • ... an Alien Compendium.
  • ... a non-combat equipment guide.

Add to this a ship catalogue

A Legacy era guide

A coruscant region guide.

Maybe some organization books. Like criminal organizations which could cover Black Sun, Zygarian slavers, Hutt Cartels, Military organizations with some mercenary groups, Bountry hunter organizations etc.   

LibrariaNPC likes this

I like your list, however I have a feeling things like an Alien Species or Ship Book is a long way off. I have a feeling they will want to get all this out as spread out as possible.

We will have species and ships in every one of the Career and Sector splat books. These books with a lot of stuff in it, usually come later when they are running out of stuff. I would not be surprised if when these came out, they also reprinted stuff from the splat books as well as obscure new stuff. This would be justified as "Well, what if they just have the Edge Core book? Now they can have all these by getting one book". Same goes true with the ships. As for an adversaries book, I would love that, however I think that is the same issue... they put them in every book and I feel we will get a compilation years down the road.

Keep in mind, i am not complaining, it makes good business sense for FFG. Other companies followed a similar patter. What I think we will start seeing soon (perhaps after the last corebook is out next year) is the Alternate setting books. Clone Wars, Old Republic, and obviously something for the new movies.

That in mind, I really want what a lot of people have mentioned, A Hutt Space and Mandalorian book.

I want an Obscure Star Wars Compendium. It will have a plethora of strange species (Chevan, H'nemthe, Rakatan, Ithorian, Selonian, Drall, Gand, Chiss, Killik, Zilisk, Gungan, Ewok, Jawa, Tusken Raider: take your pick), each with an expanded history and backstory options, as well as guides as to how these species got to be in the greater galaxy. It could make references to already present obscure species and explain why they are in the big bad galaxy rather than at home, and have large sections on new, strange species. We'd also get new, strange equipment, a lot of info on weird planets, and then a bunch of nick nacks about weird Star Wars stuff.

I want it. I want it bad.

... and if we can't have that, I'd be happy seeing all the career books done and a couple of location books.  

Hutt Space keeps getting mentioned, I'd like to see Black Sun and other organisations.  We'll probably see Mandalorians at some point, but I'll be happy if they stay away from overdone areas like Tattooine.

An Imperial sourcebook might be good,  though we most certainly won't get a PC Empire book, and neither should we.

Nor will there be a book for species or vehicles, they are putting these out piecemeal for a reason. 

I expect that rules on droids, bounty hunting, ships etc will come with the relevant career books. 

Different era books might be possible, but I'm guessing they will just focus on the movie era. I'd like to see Old Republic, but I'm not banking on it. 

Edited by Maelora

I'd love to see the Unknown Regions get some love. A bestiary with all kinds of exotic monstrous aliens would be cool, and maybe a book with more detailed focus on several playable races (sort of like Races of Destiny, Stone, the Wild, etc. from the D&D 3.5 era). That would help me out a lot, since I think the Gand are cool, but they're way beyond my ability to roleplay for now.

What would be my wishlist for non-career supplement books?

This one:

"Hot Twi'lek Girls"

But in PG-13 (or PG / G) please, OK?

Edited by Spraug

I'd like locations books... fold out or at least full page maps on the right page with the left page having descriptions of characters there, plot hooks, modular ecounter type stuff, etc. Or one every 4 pages be the map. Chapters sorted topically. For example cantinas, city/town maps (doesn't have to be a whole town just a small part of it so it doesn't define everything, not all the buildings have to be labeled kind of like the most shutta map in the beginners box), temples, ships (deck plans like the krayt fang those could be two pagers for silhouette 4 ship)

Edit: actually organize those by town (withe character information plot hooks in the front along with a town map, and maybe 5 buildings in the town map getting their own on page map. The ship chapter could be a space port showing a bunch of docking bays maybe 10 or so (with ships 8th them and stats write up for the ship in the corners of the two page spread) maybe a cantina, a few other buildings getting their own on page maps.

Edited by EliasWindrider

I would like to see a "How to" book.

- Design your own ship

- Create a syndicate

- Create your own career/specialization

- Create your own Faction (What if you do not want to be part of the Rebellion / Empire but want to be a "Rogue State/Planet")

- Design your own NPC Droid (Stats / Talents)

- Create / Design your Base of Operations (Complete w/ rules for starting stats and locales and items to outfit it with)

- FAQ book w/ EVERYTHING to date of clarification of rules and stuff.

Imperial spy/intelligence source book.  I wouldn't mind seeing a book that really digs into Mos Eisley or some other city that we can use as a "Hommlet".