Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasonRed3

Stock and reprints

15 posts in this topic

If you look at the FFG store, nearly everything is out of stock.  

In online and local stores, there are a few ships I simply cannot find... or their prices are inflated because of scarcity.  (I'd love to pick up a Falcon, especially since it has so many exclusive cards... but not for $50+)

I'm sure things are scheduled to be reprinted (one would hope) but has there been any sort of timeline or announcement?   

It'd be nice to know if/when the gouging on eBay will slack off and we can pick up some of the ships we want/need.

Thanks.

J

Just keep an eye on the "upcoming" page and filter by miniatures only. You can get an idea of timelines and projected releases. They usually hit the quarter they claim, especially with reprints.

Slugrage likes this

I had been told the ffg ship is supposed to arrive this month. Also, the FFG website seems to be the first major website store to go out of stock everytime (and often long before anyone else).

The key thing is you generally can't afford to procrastinate with these things. The longer you take to decide on buying a new expansion, the more likely it is to be out of stock, when you finally decide to buy. Save your pennies, and grab the ships when they've got the stock, because once they're out of stock, it could be a while before they've got stock again.

Have you exhausted all the major online retailers outside ebay? WarStore, Miniature Market, Amazon, Atomic Empire, and etc.? They probably have the same issues, but it is at least worth a shot.

Like others have said, check Barnes & Noble. My local store has tons of out-of-print stuff including falcons and b-wings.

Some vendors on eBay are also selling oop small ships for normal prices. I just got an interceptor for $12.

This being said, these shortages suck for FLGSs. I would rather spend my money at my favorite game shop instead of at a chain or online... :/

UK and local specific is a bit different, the only ships I haven't been able to lay my hands on in the past two weeks are the Falcon and the X wing expansion and even amazon UK has sold out on the latter. The game box is also available. Mind you, here we are lucky enough to have two shops literally 4 doors apart which sell X wing.

Still doesn't stop me moaning because I can't get those two sets mind you :-)

A local store sold out of Falcons but had 20 (!) Lambdas in stock.  He said that he couldn't reorder as Falcons weren't available from his distributor at the moment.

Glad to know about B&N, I will check them out.

Hey Bathickey,

Do you know how reliable coolstuffinc.com is? was looking at their site and it might be worthwhile me dropping them an order from the UK, even taking import duty into account.

If you don't know, anyone had any dealings with them, mail order?

Thnx

****JUST CHECKED, with their shipping costs it isn't***

Edited by Andy1909

just checked my account at coolstuffinc.com ..... I have spent a total of $1458 on their site.

they are reliable, I have received every order in a timely manner. (still waiting for preorder stuff)

prices are usually really good.

free shipping in the US for orders over $100

I love them, but they've been out of the Falcon for over a month now, along with A-Wings... and I think I got their last Interceptor and B-Wings... (1 of each, my first)

Coolstuff is fantastic.

Still, I went into my FLGS and picked up 3 ships last week because I always try to balance saving money with keeping my FLGS in business. :)