Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bohrdumb

Dumb Blount Question

14 posts in this topic

My attack hits even if I miss.

If Ion Pulse Missiles hit, they do 1 dmg and 2 Ion tokens. 

Do Blount's Ion Pulse Missiles always do damage + 2 tokens?

Just used this in a tournament and didn't even roll the dice. The bigger issue was me bringing Blount to the fight in the first place.

What did you arm him with?

There is nothing more satisfying than correctly range-playing someone who is flying Blount with Assault Missiles, by being out of range, then suddenly at range 1 and killing him before he ever gets to shoot. So delicious...

Edited by That One Guy

Correct, and has happened to me more times than i wish, but i've taken to running him with Deadeye and letting him hang back a little bit more than the other ships, and the Range 1 instagib hasn't happened since.

yes, the only disadvantage is you can't use munitions fail-safe with Blount because his secondary weapon attacks always hit. So Blount is great with Assault misses and Ion Pulse Missiles which conveniently come in the Z-95 Headhunter expansion pack. Not so much with other missiles because they have no additional effect if they hit. A concussion missile that is evaded does no damage even if it hits.

Edited by Marinealver

I'm assuming Ruthlessness also triggers for Blount, every time?

That would make it possible to hit ships not even in your firing arc, just because they're near someone else. 

Just used this in a tournament and didn't even roll the dice. The bigger issue was me bringing Blount to the fight in the first place.

What did you arm him with?
Ion Pulse and Deadeye. Other missiles you do have to roll, even Assault missiles to resolve the initial hit.

I'm assuming Ruthlessness also triggers for Blount, every time?

That would make it possible to hit ships not even in your firing arc, just because they're near someone else. 

It would, but the EPT is Imperial only. It's the first thing I thought of too. :)