• Announcements

• FFG Fra

Upcoming Changes to the Fantasy Flight Games Forums   01/20/2017

Hello Fantasy Flight Games forum community!   This week, we will be making some important changes to your Fantasy Flight Games community account and the way that you log into the Fantasy Flight Games community forums and web store.   We have been working hard to integrate with the rest of the Asmodee group, and we are happy to announce a unified way to access all the websites and apps made by Fantasy Flight Games, Days of Wonder, and Asmodee!   For most users, nothing will change: you will still log into the Fantasy Flight Games forums using your current login name and password. Only the login user interface will be new.   For a few users, your credentials might be slightly changed. For example, this could happen to users who have both a Fantasy Flight Games and Days of Wonder account, or in the case of conflicting login names across platforms. When these situations occur, special e-mails will be sent to those users with an easy explanation about those changes and what steps to take next. For any of you receiving those e-mails, please make sure to follow the instructions carefully.   Remember, official communications from Fantasy Flight Games or Asmodee.Net will never ask for your password.   What are the benefits for you as a player? Using a unified account to access all of our web services and apps makes your life simpler. Over time, you will see new features emerging, such as keeping all of your friends under a single account, finding friends easily in apps with online play, or developing your personal profile by adding to your board games collection. These are just some of the features that you will see during the next year, once this important technical step is complete.   Important note: The migration of the forums to our new system will take place on Tuesday, January 24th. The forums will be offline for about two hours during that time. Once the migration is complete, older forum posts may look strange for up to 24 hours as we rebuild them in our new system.   We can’t wait to connect our board game communities and build bridges between universes, game systems, players, events, groups, game clubs, and more! This is only the first step in bringing people and games closer together. For more information, read our FAQ at https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/asmodee-net/.   Best regards,   The Fantasy Flight Games Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serif Marak

Recruiting for Militaristic Online Game

21 posts in this topic

[[Probably full up.  Got, like, 6 or 7 people now.  :D]]

The idea would be that your characters would be the 'heroes' of the ship.  Along with your primary characters, each player would have access to a number of 'squads', essentially friendly henchmen groups that will allow for much larger scale combat and game play.  More players without more players.

We'll use Google Hangouts with the Roll20 overlay, Google Drive to host the character sheets (Henchies will be view-able by all and be hosted on the same sheet as each other.  Characters will be private) and Facebook to communicate out of game to set up our next session.

Looking at a weekly schedule, sometimes less often depending on availability, starting next weekend.  If you can't join us for the first session, have no fear.  Henchies will not be made available the first session anyways; you won't be missing anything that will omit you from the game.

Additionally, I will be running a 'Captain' character.  I hope this will eliminate many of the more 'tedious' roles and allow everyone to play a character that they WANT to be instead of making you all bend to fit a role for the groups sake.  Captain will not often be used outside of mission planning or for very specific games, but he will be omni-present.  (queue choral hymns)

Please, e-mail me at jason.d.gilbertson@gmail.com if you are interested.

If you have an idea for a specific character, I would be happy to hear it.  Please, keep in mind that this will be a militaristic game, all players will be soldiers fighting for (undisclosed), and I will not hesitate to tell you 'no' to something if I feel that it will not work.  I may recommend something else, or try to help you make it more solid, but a 'pacifist soldier' will not do well aboard this ship.

Currently, it looks like the games will be evenings during the week.  Roughly 6pm MST, days variable based on everyone's schedules.

As much as I love Force and Destiny, and as much as it pains me to say this....

No Force Sensitives.

Believe me, this hurts me far more than it hurts you.  T_T

Edited by Serif Marak

There isn't much detail given IMO. We know it will be set on a ship but what type of ship? And what will that ship's allegiance and objectives be?

And if I am the one to set all that, what is left for the players?

I have several ideas in mind for what I would like to do, but if one of the players comes up with a cooler idea, I don't want to have to rescind everything I typed here in favor of that.  Better to get everyone together and hash out the details as a group.

As for the ship, that would be variable at first.  The ship you start in will not be the ship used through most of the game.

Objectives would vary constantly.  This will be a semi-sandbox kind of game.  There's no adventure I found that inspired me to do this.  I'll have rough ideas figured out for what we'll do next, discuss with the group what kinds of missions they want to do, and allow the group to approach it from whatever angle they desire.  And on and on until the group decides they've had enough of that adventure and that ship and those characters. and decides they are ready for a change.

I find it interesting that this is in the Edge of the Empire forum, rather than Age of Rebellion. Out of curiosity, what military favours smugglers and bounty hunters over commanders and fighter pilots?

Edited by Herf Nerder

I find it interesting that this is in the Edge of the Empire forum, rather than Age of Rebellion. Out of curiosity, what military favours smugglers and bounty hunters over commanders and fighter pilots?

I don't have AoR.  Still need to pick up a copy.

Well, I could tell you, but then I'd have to make you walk the plank....

My time is already limited to other campaigns, but I can vouch for Sarif's GMing abilities. He knows what he's doing, and you'll have a good time.

I knew it.

You don't really love me.

T_T

lol

You should probably post a suggested time of play; you're recruiting from at least 4 time zones. People should at least have some sort of vague idea of when you're intending to host.

Also, why no force sensitives? Do you not like having conflict in a narrative game?

You should probably post a suggested time of play; you're recruiting from at least 4 time zones. People should at least have some sort of vague idea of when you're intending to host.

Also, why no force sensitives? Do you not like having conflict in a narrative game?

I love conflict.

I don't want the focus to be Force play.  And if one person can use the Force, everyone will want to.  That's not the intent of this table.  That leads to an army of Force users and that just won't do....

I love the Force.  I love playing a Force sensitive, and, typically, I don't mind them being used.

This time, however, I feel that it would be better served to not use them.

I don't want the focus to be Force play.  And if one person can use the Force, everyone will want to.

YMMV, I guess; I used to play the D6 Star Wars with one group, and have a force sensitive in the FFG game I run. Neither group showed a particular desire for everyone to go Jedi.

I don't want the focus to be Force play.  And if one person can use the Force, everyone will want to.

YMMV, I guess; I used to play the D6 Star Wars with one group, and have a force sensitive in the FFG game I run. Neither group showed a particular desire for everyone to go Jedi.

It's not something I am TOTALLY closed off to, but from the start, I would rather avoid it.  Make it a thing later down the line if it makes sense for the group.

Oh, as for time of play, I started off with that open, but as of right now, it looks like Saturday during the day is a possibility.  Weekdays in the evening are very likely.  Sundays are totally closed off by the two that have contacted me so far.

Okay, front post updated.

Looks like the games will be evenings during the week.

And I've removed my firm 'no' on Force sensitives.  Still not totally open to it from the start, but I might allow it later on.