Sign in to follow this  
tiefanatic

Best Star Wars video game?

Can we all agree rebel assault I&II sucked.

YES this! I could never finish the games because I kept dying by crashing into walls. The full motion video graphics made it impossible to tell where you actually were.

This is the reason why it pains me that the TIE Phantom (from Rebel Assault II, one of the worst Star Wars video games) is the best ship in the miniatures game while the TIE Defender (from TIE Fighter, one of the best Star Wars video games) is way too overcosted to be worthwhile in the miniatures game.

And that's not even getting into the background story for the TIE Phantom whose existence only kept it within the timeline of the Rebel Assault II video game because it and it's plans were destroyed by the end of the game while the TIE Defender shows up and lives on in multiple story lines in the expanded universe.

Seeing the Phantom being played everywhere I go only makes me feel like I'm reliving Rebel Assault II again and again. ARGH!!! >_<

Of course everyone knows that the best Sci-fi game in general is Masters of Orion 2. If you disagree, you have either never played it, or should stop posting about video games until you reconsider :D

I always preferred pax imperia eminent domain.

I couldn't get into tbs until i fell in love with Civ 3

Shouldn't this be a poll?  Does this forum even support polls?

Knights of the Old Republic for me, beyond a doubt.  I'd probably follow that up with Knights of the Old Republic 2, even though it had huge faults.

This might be a controversial thing to say, but I'd probably follow that up not with X-Wing, TIE Fighter or X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, but with Rogue Leader for Gamecube.  Perhaps a lot of PC gamers who loved the XWing series didn't own a Gamecube and don't know how awesome it was?

Rogue leader?? Was that the one where they had Y-wings dropping bombs because the developers were noobs and had no idea what to do with the old battlewaggon??

Seeing my beloved Y dropping bombs was almost always an instant turn off for me.

My only exception was battlefront 2 as the game being more or less battlefield 1942 but starwars and they had already made such a mess with the eyeballs and squints firing torps/missiles, to much fun to care.

Rogue leader?? Was that the one where they had Y-wings dropping bombs because the developers were noobs and had no idea what to do with the old battlewaggon??

Seeing my beloved Y dropping bombs was almost always an instant turn off for me.

My only exception was battlefront 2 as the game being more or less battlefield 1942 but starwars and they had already made such a mess with the eyeballs and squints firing torps/missiles, to much fun to care.

Y-Wings are fighter-bombers though, so I'm not really sure why you don't like them doing what they are supposed to do.

YES this! I could never finish the games because I kept dying by crashing into walls. The full motion video graphics made it impossible to tell where you actually were.

This is the reason why it pains me that the TIE Phantom (from Rebel Assault II, one of the worst Star Wars video games) is the best ship in the miniatures game while the TIE Defender (from TIE Fighter, one of the best Star Wars video games) is way too overcosted to be worthwhile in the miniatures game.

And that's not even getting into the background story for the TIE Phantom whose existence only kept it within the timeline of the Rebel Assault II video game because it and it's plans were destroyed by the end of the game while the TIE Defender shows up and lives on in multiple story lines in the expanded universe.

Seeing the Phantom being played everywhere I go only makes me feel like I'm reliving Rebel Assault II again and again. ARGH!!! >_<

I've used tie defenders since release I've only lost two in combat, the ability to k turn and perform an action is what makes them so lethal, if they were 26 points with that ability they'd be broken at 30 points they are spot on.

I love em.

The force Unleashed for the wii. Felt like a jedi for once. I don't care if there are wiggling movement in the controls. It was cool. Also replayed and finished it today. Now to play Force Unleashed 2 again for the wii and watch once again how I think they scewed with what I liked about the original.

They were certainly fun games to play through. How about that multiplayer mode in TFU2 though? You ever use that?

I don't think I did. I think that I was so disgusted with the game when I first played it that I didn't play the super smash bros multiplayer they had. Maybe I did once, but I'll let you know how it is when I replay TFU2 on the wii again. I did play the first one's multiplayer that was a duel mode and I loved that.

Empire at War was the first Star Wars game I got into, and I still remember fielding TIE Defender Swarms in Corruption. They'll toast anything. :D But my absolute favorite was Republic Commando. Blasting things to peices is so much more fun with Sev, Scorch, Fixer and Boss. Still hate Trados because of all the crap they put me and my squad through. If it wasn't for them, we'd still have o'l Sev to keep us company. And I love KoTOR, because, well, KoTOR.

Please tell you don't actually LIKE Delta? They're like the biggest jerks ever.

The force Unleashed for the wii. Felt like a jedi for once. I don't care if there are wiggling movement in the controls. It was cool. Also replayed and finished it today. Now to play Force Unleashed 2 again for the wii and watch once again how I think they scewed with what I liked about the original.

They were certainly fun games to play through. How about that multiplayer mode in TFU2 though? You ever use that?

TFU2 has multiplayer???

I completely agree. I really, really hate the bloody ship. If it had ever been used in any other story, I might overcome my hatred, but until then, it just reminds me of rail-flight-sims, cheat codes of invincibility (which the darn thing seems to have in X-Wing anyway), and bad, bad acting.

The Defender is not only really cool looking, but it has some really awesome scenes in multiple kinds of Star Wars stories - the Tie Fighter campaign, the various appearances (even as Rogue Squadron's infiltration ship of choice) in the X-Wing books, and a couple of other appearances throughout the expanded universe. When I first saw the stats for the Defender, I was terrified.

I wish that were still the case. Now it's just Phantoms down the line, chewing through lists with 4 attack.

TFU2 has multiplayer???

Only on the Wii. It was similar to Smash Bros except instead of knocking people off the screen it's just hit them until their health bar was depleted. It had the same camera view though. Characters had 2 special moves each and there were items you could pickup (usually a health or force boost or something like that.) Most of the maps had an interactive element to them.

Best game is SW: The Old Republic. Open world lets you go to multiple planet, good space fighting, PVP, PVE, player housing, guild capital ships. Really a well rounded game. Would love to see more open world space fighting and ship customization, but a really sold game and follow up to KOTOR.

Best game is SW: The Old Republic. Open world lets you go to multiple planet, good space fighting, PVP, PVE, player housing, guild capital ships. Really a well rounded game. Would love to see more open world space fighting and ship customization, but a really sold game and follow up to KOTOR.

Eww.

Eeewwwwwww.

TFU2 has multiplayer???

Only on the Wii. It was similar to Smash Bros except instead of knocking people off the screen it's just hit them until their health bar was depleted. It had the same camera view though. Characters had 2 special moves each and there were items you could pickup (usually a health or force boost or something like that.) Most of the maps had an interactive element to them.

Ah. I played it on PS3.

X-wing series

Yoda stories

KotoR

The warlords mod for homeworld 2, the best Star Wars fleet battles I've seen in a game.

Edited by philbex

Yeah, there have been some good Star wars games, but I go with Empire at War, a pretty recent one and the space battles were beyond fun into pure awesome.

Empire At War does remind me of x wing miniatures because of the fact that they've started adding ships for the Scum and Villainy side that is similar to the units in forces of corruption.