Sign in to follow this  
tiefanatic

Best Star Wars video game?

Does anybody even know what Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is?

Yes, to me that game was terrible. Well, ok, not terrible because it was Age of Empries again. But the thing is that everything that made it Star Wars was terribly forced and wasnt very thought out. Laser bolts went through the walls (because arrows did in AoE), you needed food to build droids (because you needed food to create builders in AoE) and the design of every ship that wasnt already designed was terrible.

The only aditions were the Air ships (which looked very clunky floating on the air like that) and shield generators, which was a good idea.

But in the end was that after the failure of Force Commander they decided to play it safe and make a fan made mod of Age of Empires.

KotOR 1 and 2 (people complain about 2 all the time, but I actually played it first, and I still maintain that the character interactions are deeper, and the gameplay was significantly improved from the first one).

Battlefront 1 and 2 - I started with 1 this time, and I do love the maps and the units - but I think 2 did a good job updating most things, adding some good maps (though I miss Rhen Var), and it added the best (and only) SW flight sim that we've gotten for PC in the past decade and half. Plus, even though I can't finish it (I just can't kill the Jedi and their allies, as much as I disagree with their philosophy), the campaign is brilliant.

I doubt they will bring back the X-Wing series... It needed a joystick and a keyboard. That rules out consoles, and people dont have joysticks as they did in the 90s. It would be cool if the guys at XWA Upgrade also re-did the X-Wing, TIE FIghter and X Wing vs TIE Fighter models so we could re-play those missions.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Chris Robert's "Star Citizen" has raised over $50 million in crowd funding. When that game finally comes out and if it does well, I can see others going back into the space sim genre. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see a legit remake/reboot. 

SWG

Kotor I

Jedi Knight II

SWG was by far the best IMO. Pre-cu anyway.

One of my big regrets was never getting to play early SWG.  As a lore-before-game guy, I think I would have really digged the community.

The community was by far the best online community you would ever find. Just a far cry from today in terms of etiquette.

It seemed like it was mostly all adults so everyone was well behaved and genuinely friendly.

You actually made long term friends that were much more then gaming buddies because everyone was themselves and acted with the same manners as they would in real life.

The game itself was amazing. But the community is what made the game legendary IMO.

Just a wild guess, everybody who puts KOTOR as their main preference, never played SWG, right ? I may be very wrong on this tho.

@Nataris

Completely agree. I actually met people, went on vacation with them, some lend me their home, or i invited them mine. It was completely different. Most MMORPGs lack the need of other people to progress, and while tedious for most, it rewards people from being nice to each other and actually meeting people.

Edited by DreadStar

Easily Knights of the Old Republic. I've begun playing SWTOR again (LadyFabulous on Bergeren Colony if you wanna play() but nothing hits the spot like KOTOR.

I haven't played TOR in what, two years? Bioware alienated me pretty bad in the months following launch, and I never looked back. I do sometimes wonder if the mobs on Belsavis are still bugged as all get-out.

Force commander.

Nah, just kidding, Empire at War :P.

Okay, seriously, I actually liked Force Commander.  I mean, it had a TERRIBLE interface (no, seriously, words cannot describe how AWFUL that UI was), annoying unit balance, strange design/control decisions, etc, but...

I dunno, it was entertaining!  Not a good game, no, but hardly worth the incredible hate-on it got from the reviewers.

(And it did have a decent "rock" remix of the Imperial March as its menu music)

X-Wing: Alliance.

And the first KOTOR game.

LISTEN MATE

I am considering this for I pad(KOTOR), it's just been released, worth getting?

It's worth getting.  It IS a very good game, although, IMHO, it suffers a bit from having a lack of replay-ability.  (They play up the different 'light side' vs 'dark side' choices you make, but it doesn't practically make a difference.  At least, in the PC game, anyway - maybe they changed it for the iPad, but I doubt it.  There are, like, 3 decisions you make right near the end of the game that can take a 100% light-side character to a dark-side ending, and vice-verse.  So, save in the right spot, and...don't need to play it twice!)

For my taste, though?  Best Star Wars game, bar none - for simply capturing the feel of the original movies - would be "X-Wing".  Man, seeing the Independence hangar for the first time...that was pretty cool for a kid, let me tell ya...

Edited by xanderf

The force Unleashed for the wii. Felt like a jedi for once. I don't care if there are wiggling movement in the controls. It was cool. Also replayed and finished it today. Now to play Force Unleashed 2 again for the wii and watch once again how I think they scewed with what I liked about the original.

The force Unleashed for the wii. Felt like a jedi for once. I don't care if there are wiggling movement in the controls. It was cool. Also replayed and finished it today. Now to play Force Unleashed 2 again for the wii and watch once again how I think they scewed with what I liked about the original.

They were certainly fun games to play through. How about that multiplayer mode in TFU2 though? You ever use that?

Some of the best SW games in my personal opinion which I've played, in no particular order:-

1. KOTOR 1

2. X-Wing Alliance

3. Jedi Academy/Outcast

4. EAW: FOC w/ Thrawn's Revenge mod

5. Rebellion

6. Republic Commando

7. Rogue Squadron II

Nice, a fellow TR player. I helped beta test 2.1. Anyone who loves EaW should definitely pick up TR. It is by far the best mod for Forces of Corruption out there, and improves so much on the base game.

From someone who doesn't play that many Star Wars video games, I'd have to say:

Lego Star Wars

Star Wars: The Old Republic (Galactic Starfighter is AWESOME!!!! Especially now that I figured out to divert power and have a gunship. Blitz with a scout, dogfight with a strike, snipe with a gunship...)

X-wing sounds fun...

Come to think of it, these and Battlefront are the only Star Wars games I've played. Please don't judge!

I really enjoyed Star Wars Galaxies when it came out and before it was ballsed up.

I played a Wookie Teras Kasi Master and had much fun knocking ten bells of crap out of pretty much everything, including misguided bounty hunters. I dropped it when WoW came out but tried it after the NGE. It just wasn't as good.