Sign in to follow this  
tiefanatic

Best Star Wars video game?

My favourite was Star Wars Rebellion.

That is what I was about to say. Just wish I played it more. Only reason I couldn't play it, was when you paused the game, you can't issue any orders or build orders for your planets. I am just not capable of playing RTS games. 

I liked the taking control of a system, building units, and then using the special units to do diplomatic or espionage missions to sway a planet or see what was happening there. The ship battles were rudimentary compared to today but fun to watch.

More than once my spies found a system with 6 imperial units on it that was way over to the rebellion side in influence and one little sabotage mission against one of those units would put that planet into a civil war. 

Edited by Sergovan

My favourite was Star Wars Rebellion.

That is what I was about to say. Just wish I played it more. Only reason I couldn't play it, was when you paused the game, you can't issue any orders or build orders for your planets. I am just not capable of playing RTS games. 

The best thing to do if you had a bunch of orders/building to do is put the game on its slowest speed.  Travel and building times being so long you could get a lot done.  Then speed it back up when you are done.

I missed the boat on the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games, never played those. I wish I had!

For me:

Star Wars Galaxies

Knights of the Old Republic

Jedi Outcast

Knights of the Old Republic II

Republic Commando

Jedi Academy

Star Wars Podracer

Star Wars Episode I

Star Wars Bounty Hunter

The Old Republic

I'm currently enjoying Star Wars Commander, but it's only been out a week or something, so it's a bit soon to put it on the list :)

When I was a kid I loved the vector graphics Star Wars arcade game!

Just out of curiosity, has there been any new game(s) like Rebellion (still in the Star Wars franchise) that is turn based and dealt with the conflict on a system/planet strategy level? I'm am not a fan of RTS games so please count those out.

you know. even though it was a total age of empires clone. i LOVED galactic battlegrounds. i would have liked empire at war more. but i really did not enjoy any of the ground based missions.

and of course Rouge squadron 2 was the ****

I always loved the Rogue Squadron games.

N64 one was awesome as was two on the game cube but threes on foot sections were rubbish they should of stuck to the space missions they were great.

I agree with that. I want to fly ships not run n gun.

When I was a kid my parents had an amusement arcade. One of the games we had was this one.

d429fadfc96383b690ffbfab94f49896.jpg

I spent a fair few summers sat in this game, more recently I would say Knights of the Old Republic, and any of the Lego games for my children.

How long before we see Disney Infinity expanding into the Star Wars universe ?

crap forgot to mention Jedi Outcast

Jedi Outcast is great, although I found parts of it much more difficult than the last battle. I wish that last bit didn't feel so easy. I guess it's more that the difficult part was getting to the end.

Dark Forces = a 1990 shooter not much story

Dark Forces 2 and Jedi Knight 1 are the same and they = more story about Kyle Katarn

Mysteries of the Sith is about Mara Jade I believe

Jedi Knight 2 (Jedi Outcast) = the best and a lot more great story about Kyle Katarn

Jedi Knight 3 (Jedi Academy) = 2nd best and is about his padawan Jaden Korr

1995 Dark Forces = DOOM clone with a Star Wars theme. Introduction of Kyle Katarn, the man who stole the Death Star Plans. That game instantly made him an important character in the Star Wars Universe. :D Starts before Ep 4 and then skips to after Ep 4 in the timeline. There is a plot to it, which is told in between each level.

1997 Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight = Best Star Wars game. Ahead of its time. Live Action (with some CG) cutscenes. Difficult puzzles, great combat with a variety of weapons. A morality system complete with 2 endings. :D More Kyle Katarn. Set after Ep 6 Return of the Jedi.

1997 Mysteries of the SIth: Incredibly more difficult in puzzles than Jedi Knight, you start out as Kyle actually. I'm imagining at some point the game switches over and you play Mara Jade. I haven't gotten to that point yet. Game is tough.

2002 Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast = An incredibly good Sequel to everything thus far. I would consider it to be the best but when compared to the first Jedi Knight, it feels like Jedi Knight: Easy Mode.

2003 Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy = You play Kyle's Padawan. Good, continues off of Outcast and Jedi Knight 1. Still prefer playing as Kyle in the other games though.

I just recently replayed through Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast. I still need to beat Mysteries of the Sith and Dark Forces 1.

I can't choose a favorite. They all were at one point in my life. But I do want to add Rebel Assault 2 to the list. In it's time it was a really cool star wars game, where they used a lot of the original stuff from the movies for the FMV scenes.

Edited by sigidi

FORCE UNLEASHED 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Total BARE j0kes m8.

....or not.

I loved Empire at War, KotOR, and X-Wing Alliance the most.

Also: Honourable mention for Star Wars: Droid Works.  Epic Kids Puzzle Game.

....or not.

I enjoyed playing both of the Force Unleashed games on the Wii, felt that the motion controls were kinda fun and didn't care about the worse graphics than the 360 or ps3 because I got to swing a lightsaber around. I felt the second one taking some of the motion controls out of it was a good thing, they simplified it, refined it. As far as the plot... eh. They could have stopped with the first one. They wouldn't really make my lists though. The most memorable parts of it were the amped up force powers during gameplay and not the story, and I'm mostly interested in the story.

....or not.

I enjoyed playing both of the Force Unleashed games on the Wii, felt that the motion controls were kinda fun and didn't care about the worse graphics than the 360 or ps3 because I got to swing a lightsaber around. I felt the second one taking some of the motion controls out of it was a good thing, they simplified it, refined it. As far as the plot... eh. They could have stopped with the first one. They wouldn't really make my lists though. The most memorable parts of it were the amped up force powers during gameplay and not the story, and I'm mostly interested in the story.

FU 1&2 killed my parents.

And by "killed my parents", I mean "I hated everything about the plot".

The correct answer to this question is KoTOR. It's not just a fantastic game set in the Star Wars universe, it is a pinnacle RPG experience discussed alongside games like Morrowind, for best RPG ever made. 

As for piloting games, well... Wing Commander will always hold my heart. And since Mark Hamill is in it, it sort of counts. 

I had a 386 SX/25 at the time, so I had to turn polygon shading off, so the original X-Wing game for me. TIE Fighter ran in a subpar way on my machine, I never completed it because of that reason. I did complete all 5 tour of duties for X-Wing though. I'm working my way through it again, at TOD 4 atm.

-All 4 X-Wing games (I was just telling a friend while we played a match of Minis that the game isn't complete without the Gunboat and how the TIE Defender is the best ship, lol)

-Rebellion (I admit it was confusing and a bore at first, but started to love it once I got into it)

-Dark Forces series (DF2-JK is my favorite out of them all)

-Galactic Battlegrounds (Loved playing Age of Empires before, then they came out with a SW version,  :D )