Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devotedknight

I say it, I could bring in one ship from....

69 posts in this topic

The eagle is an awesome ship, but doesn't really fit in with the other ships in the game, it would get demolished almost immediately.

Space 1999, was one of my favorite Sci-Fi shows. This series really got my hooked on Sci-Fi.

I think we should build an eagle. The Eagle is like a Volkswagen Van, you can modify so many ways. 

The dial would be like the Lamda shuttle, but no red maneuvers, with the exception on a 1 turn.

The Basic Model

Primary Weapon Value = 2

Agility = 1

Hull = 4

Shields = 0

Upgrades:  

Cannon Upgrade

System Upgrade

Crew Upgrade

Crew Upgrade

This would be the basic model

The "War Version"  would have named pilots

Alan Carter PS9 :Ability can preform one free evade per attack.

John  Koenig PS8: Ability, All Eagle with range 1 or 2 have their Pilot skill Increased by 2

Bill Fraser PS7: Ability, Ship adds the boost ability to it's action bar.

Elite Pilot Upgrade

Missile Upgrade

Missile Upgrade

Crew Upgrade card might read light

Sandra Benes: Ship gain a System Upgrade

Victor Bergman: Ships that fire at a vessel equipped with Victor Bergman have the Primary Weapon value reduced by one.

Maya, She can mimic any crew upgrade card in play

This is perfect, love the Maya card

Ohhh, The missile I've got. But the Turreted laser mount, that's awesome. Now that's a faction I would like to Play!

Edited by devotedknight

They are not designed primarily for combat but with skilled pilots can fight even Hawks  effectively. I think Alan Carter took out 5 Hawks in 1 Eagle....then probably crashed it *L*

And if Eagles etc are involved why not bring in UFO The SHADO interceptor could be fun  and the Hawk was originally designed for the same purpose

They are not designed primarily for combat but with skilled pilots can fight even Hawks  effectively. I think Alan Carter took out 5 Hawks in 1 Eagle....then probably crashed it *L*

And if Eagles etc are involved why not bring in UFO The SHADO interceptor could be fun  and the Hawk was originally designed for the same purpose

Correct, The Hawk was the fighter version of the Eagle. I kind of think the Eagle is like a Huey Helicopter . During the show there "militarized" a few eagles. I really think that this would be really fun to play, Oh well. 

CHP-W10 Chippewa Heavy Fighter (a House Davion variant), from BattleTech. 2 missile slots, 1 cannon slot, a whole heck of a lot of hull, no shields, and both good base attack and good agility. It'd include a pretty solid dial, too (PS 8 [insert Davion Named Pilot here], PS 7 Cassandra Blake, PS 5 Michael Gladstone, PS 2 AFFS Aerospace Pilot).

I'd also love to see a Sith Fury (PS9 Darth Occlus, PS 7 Emperor's Wrath, PS 5 Sith Assassin, PS 3 Sith Marauder).

If we're restricted to TV shows, then I'm thinking of any of the following:

SA-43 Hammerhead Endo/Exo-Atmospheric Attack Jet (Space: Above and Beyond)

Starfury (Babylon 5), possibly including some or all of the variants in an entire series of ships.

Gunstar (The Last Starfighter), including a title Gunstar One, equipped with a Death Blossom (maybe some kind of unique upgrade slot that only has one upgrade).

devotedknight likes this

Heart of Gold

Infinite Improbability Drive

Roll 10 attack dice. If all 10 show the same result (without modification) remove two opposing ships from the game.

From any TV show, I would bring in a shadow vessel from B5. Ohh Yea! Capital Ships, No Problem!

The problem here is a shadow ship would one shot anything it comes up against.

And what the problem with That!  ;)

Heart of Gold

Infinite Improbability Drive

Roll 10 attack dice. If all 10 show the same result (without modification) remove two random opposing ships from the game and replace them with random contents from the core set box (box lid included).

Fixed it for you

Edited by Kyla

I would bring in a SA43 Hammerhead Exofighter just because.

Let build one!

SA-43 Endo/Exo-Atmospheric Attack Jet ("Hammerhead") fighters.

Primary Weapon is a 3 Auto cannon Turreted

Agility    3

Hull       4

Shield   0

Action Bar; Focus, Target Lock, Boost, Barrel Roll

Upgrades bar; Missile, Missile, Chaff, Chaff

Chaff = Drop if you are the defender of a missile or a torpedo attach. Either add two green dice or get one evade token.

Movement dial is of the Outer Rim Smuggler with the K-Turns white.

I would Really, Really, Really, Really, Really, like to play star fighter from other Sci- Fi . Do ya think FFG will put out an expansion?  :rolleyes:

Edited by devotedknight