Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Boss Red Seven

FFG WE NEED A CUSTOM MODELS SUB-FORUM.

57 posts in this topic

I dont want to compete with them, and I understand where you're going on this. I just dont think a separate board is the answer..

Might be a nifty idea though.. if everyone used it...

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

All you'd have to do is make it so that list discussion and so on is not allowed on that forum- only custom stuff.

That would also require a solid link to it, but a thread would be hard to keep on top. So, we need to do one of two things.

Put a link in each of our signatures.

Make a megathread that, at the first post of each page, we link all the previous and future pages.

Each one is a fair bit of work, but I'd say it's worth it.

oneway likes this

I really enjoy seeing some of the custom remodelling and the paint jobs, even the ones that are applied with a spatula. A separate model forum would be just the answer. The one thing I am getting tired of seeing, it the endless requests for it going unanswered by FFG. 

How many threads did we see asking whether or not there should/would be a third faction? - Answered with Scum & Villainy!

How many threads did we see asking whether or not there should/would be a capital ship game? - Answered with Armada!

This request is ridiculously small by comparison. Come of FFG, give us what we ask for. It's not too much, is it?

I guess what irritated me, was seeing the new forum for that command thing a ma bob... which I may never use... what a perfect moment to drop in a forum for repaints and custom mods...

They have to know we want one... I am a bit miffed....

I see no reason why it couldnt include the Shapeways crowd as well. It isnt like we are selling X Wings and TIE Fighters. The way i see it if we make available the things that are not normally available, covering the gaps so to speak, then more people are likely to play the game.

It would be hard to play with just, for instance,  one of my transports. Unless you have already purchased the rules and some official ships as well

I'll just drop this here, for lack of a general place to ask questions to modders. ;).

Would such a glow in the dark stuff work on a model for engines?

http://blog.shinium.eu/2014/08/resin-inlaid-wood.html

No it would eat the plastic in time.

:o

Don't ever put that on these ships.

:wacko:

You should inset some glow tape and smooth it out with model putty. Or just use paint.

^_^

MODEL FORUM FFG...NOW.

:D

I'll just drop this here, for lack of a general place to ask questions to modders. ;).

You should inset some glow tape and smooth it out with model putty. Or just use paint.

^_^

MODEL FORUM FFG...NOW.

How much time.. lol.. that stuff looks cool and you get the glow without putting in a battery and not breaking open the models.. lol

is it really that toxic??

I see no reason why it couldnt include the Shapeways crowd as well. It isnt like we are selling X Wings and TIE Fighters. The way i see it if we make available the things that are not normally available, covering the gaps so to speak, then more people are likely to play the game.

It would be hard to play with just, for instance,  one of my transports. Unless you have already purchased the rules and some official ships as well

Nah because then it takes $$$ from FFG. Now if some of us buy a model from you and MEL, and paint it and such that could be up on the forum all day everyday.

Like in the EMP Ship thread of mine that is still going...

:)

I'd totally use that stuff on Falcons and Lambdas, and Firesprays... My Decimator.. YT2400 when I get one.. lol

A lot of resin will eat PVC over time, so it is best to leave it alone.

:ph34r:

^_^

MODEL FORUM FFG...NOW.

I was just thinking about the powder, not the resin, would that eat away the plastic if mixed with some clear paint?

Concerning these matters I might as well be called Jon Snow, mind you; I know nothing.

How long though.. I'm gonna bet it's way after I'm done playing the game.. lol

Who knows, I may experiment.. try it out on one and see what it does.. that would look way cool though.. 

Who knows, I may experiment.. try it out on one and see what it does.. that would look way cool though.. 

Nah man you can use the phosphorus powders in paint all day long, so if you want to then do that.

oneway likes this

Nah man you can use the phosphorus powders in paint all day long, so if you want to then do that.

Well, I want to, but I'll just ask at the FLGS for someone, my paint skills would make a miniature look like a modern masterpiece.

I might be able to pull off some Razzle Dazzle camouflage, might.

Well, I want to, but I'll just ask at the FLGS for someone, my paint skills would make a miniature look like a modern masterpiece.

I might be able to pull off some Razzle Dazzle camouflage, might.

Yeah man just get some of the nice Micron Pens and draw it right on, nice and smooth like.