Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Boss Red Seven

FFG WE NEED A CUSTOM MODELS SUB-FORUM.

57 posts in this topic

SERIOUSLY Fantasy Flight Games FRIENDS.

The forum is getting very nasty and a lot of us do not like it. The general forum is an absolute zoo now. I have been here for a year and until recently I never had anyone on ignore. A lot of us love X-WING because of the art, models, and general esthetics of it all.

We want a sub-forum to go relax and look at pretty pictures of cool models. We want to chat with our fellow FANTASY FLIGHT STAR WARS MINIATURES MODEL COLLECTORS AND CONVERTERS in peace... thanks!

We are getting tired of sifting among the complaining and not at all casual postings in several of these asinine topics posted in the general forum (where modeling topics must go currently)... it is not cool... at all.

It is getting hard to even find any cool hobby topics here in fact.

:mellow:

I have supported this game with well over a thousand dollars in FFG X-Wing and EPIC product purchases, as have many of my fellow Wingers.

Now dammit we want to be able to hang out with our own crazy breed of diehard super serious fellow X-Wingers!!!

How about it FFG... already?

:)

Much love from one of your biggest "I ain't here to fool about with dumb-stuff " supporters.

Joe Boss

jme, JJFDVORAK, Plainsman and 11 others like this

I'm ambivalent on the whole, but I'll note that there are six such topics on the front page right now.

... and that is five to many.

Could it be a painting and custom model sub-forum?  I'd support that. 

Do you want your sub-forum posts to also show up in the general forum feed?  

That'll do just fine.

^_^

Heck no!

:o

Keep them in their own sub-forum. That is the issue now Bro. The cool custom model, custom terrine, and painting topics all get lost the same day that they are posted on the main forum.

EDIT: hold up you said also show up. Yeah that would work, if it is easy for FFG to do it like that... dunno.

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven
gabe69velasquez and Plainsman like this

I'm ambivalent on the whole, but I'll note that there are six such topics on the front page right now.

... and that is five to many.

Could it be a painting and custom model sub-forum?  I'd support that. 

Do you want your sub-forum posts to also show up in the general forum feed?  

That'll do just fine.

^_^

Heck no!

:o

Keep them in their own sub-forum. That is the issue now Bro. The cool custom model, custom terrine, and painting topics all get lost the same day that they are posted on the main forum.

You do realize your worry is irrelevant right?

You want to see custom models, you head to the subforum with one click.

You dont want to see custom models, you just never click it.  

You want to see custom models occasionally... thankfully they can be set to appear in your main general forum feed.  

You dont' want to see custom models unless you really want to:  set them to not appear in the main general forum feed.  Everyone wins?  

gabe69velasquez likes this

I doubt FFG would do a customs subforum. Repaints, sure, but I can't see them promoting and actively endorsing buying stuff from Shapeways instead of them.

It is more in the spirit of guys converting FFG models into other ships like all of the crazy YT freighter variants say...

Sarone likes this

It is more in the spirit of guys converting FFG models into other ships like all of the crazy YT freighter variants say...

Rendering them tournament illegal. It's not a bad idea, I just can't see FFG doing it.

Rendering them tournament illegal. It's not a bad idea, I just can't see FFG doing it.

You might be right, but there is a large part of the hobby which has absolutely nothing to do with tournaments...