Sign in to follow this  
Velvetears

I rolled a LOT of 9's and survived with out any Bad Stuff happening to me but which was pretty bad to every one else.. Z0MG

Heh, long title there eh?

So, a few turns before the Bad Stuff kicked in for my psyker Constantine Storm, the group saw me use Spectral Hands. This sets a scene of "wow we'd have been chunky salsa from those grenades coming down the stairs at us.."

A fire fight ensues, and i use Spasm on a few people, then out come the dreaded Lots Of 9's, well, just 2 at this point.

A gale of warp energy picks every one up (but me) and hrows them round like rag dolls, thankfully the group made their Agility checks (mostly). I manae to convice (in character) that this is what i wanted to happen "after all, you saw what i done with those grenades right? this is just the Emperor giving a little gift back and helping us out"

The other 9 allowed everyone, except again for me, to suffer some berzerk rage for a turn "hey what can i say,i called apon the emperors fury to bless us and he listened Very well to what i asked for... look at all the dead guys around us now"

We realize that some one has infused Warp energy in to a virus to create some kind of epidemic soon to be pandemic killer disease that eventually makes corpses explode, and thus spread the virus even further.

I use psiniscience to discern the aura of the Warp Virus, but because the veil is so weak i managed to some how kick start the virus in to taking over a corpse, turn it in to a zombie type thing, which cued lots of banter

"crud.. quick kill it guys it's coming for me"

'what did you do'

"nothing i just looked at it a bit"

'yeah i get that feeling when you look at me like that too you know'

"what feeling"

'that i want to get up in my sleep and kill you'

"er.. thanks.. kill it please..."

'blamblamblamblamblam' ~splorch~

The warp virus thing then pools in to a puddle ala terminator 2 liquid metal, and starts coming for us, much quick thinking, resulting in me making the warp  ultra thin on the other side of the room, the reasoning being "it was attracted to the power of the warp.. lets see if it goes for that almost rip in the warp..." cue a bit of invocation to the saints and their pet cherubs..

The ref asks me to roll my power dice, its an unusual situation, but i want to see how much of a rip in the warp i manage to create, using just 2 dice i get a 9 firstm, the ref cackels with glee, this is so not my day i think, then i roll a 10, which as a HR in our group no matter the situation, allows for rerolls, another 10, then another, then a 2. a mere total of 5+5+9+10+10+10+2= Z0MG!!!!!

Rip in the fabric of the universe, i manage to take No insanity or Corruption (the emperor loves me from all those 10's, must be a sign), the Puddle O Warp Virus looks at the rip and runs the other way, in to another corpse, cue much shooting and ~splorching~.

I close the rip in the universe, and the virus puddle fades away.

Later on in the game i was using Fearful Aura on some goons who were in our way, and the group all knew what was about to happen, they closed their eyes, turned round and started muttering prayers to Him On Terra (giving a nice WP bonus to their save, which they all made quite easily).

I start the power, and there comes the 9, fearing the worst i roll and get a simple "you're lifted in to the air on currents of warp wind and your hair does squiffy snake like things" kind of result. Sweet.

This, it's decided, only enhances the effect i was going for, one goons has a heart attack there and then, one's rooted to the spot in fear, and twoothers run screaming, they're talken out swiftly like fish in a barrel.

I love it when the Warp loves me.

Santiago said:

Did you write down one Corruption Point for each 9...that is the BIG downside...

its only when it goes to perils of the warp table, a table so corrupt you gain 1 CP for touching it.

It was a great game Velvetears and Constantine making wibbily wobbily stuff happen made it a lot more fun and we haven't died yet. :D

Good company, and a good GM :) (We are lucky as both of our GM's come up with really good stories.)

All we need to do next game is regroup to make a plan of action and go take out the big bad that's caused all the Plague Zombies type things.

My Cleric will shoot lots and hope and prey. My pet Psyker had better behave or he'll get a spanking.

Sarius said:

its only when it goes to perils of the warp table, a table so corrupt you gain 1 CP for touching it.

*nods*

So far i've caused all the rest of the group to gain several Insanity and/or Corruption points and i have a mere 1 Corruption point, from as Narissa put it, WIbbly Wobbly Warp Stuff last night.  I'm a veritable saint compared to the rest of the party.  mmm sainthood...

cyclocius said:

I played a game last night, my psyker was surrounded by zombies, cast float to escape, get a peril and everything else floats up as well.

I love it when things like that happen, it shows that the Warp or the Emperor love us like the red headed step children we are :)

Oh, wait, my psyker Is a ginga...

The Big E loves me double time!

Narissa said:

My Cleric will shoot lots and hope and prey. My pet Psyker had better behave or he'll get a spanking.

You might have a pet psyker but i have a tamed cleric!   demonio.gif

Velvetears said:

Narissa said:

You might have a pet psyker but i have a tamed cleric!   demonio.gif

Yeah and the other one wants to kill you :P I think we will have to keep each other alive, Maybe my Cleric has a thing for Psykers with long flowing red hair, She'll have to buy a whip just for fun :P