Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyNeighbourTrololo

Nightmares in the Dwarrowdelf

18 posts in this topic

Woah!!! Good ol' FFG coming through before anyone who went to Gencon did!! :P

Redhorn gate looks BRUTAL, Watcher looks insanely fun and I love that you can optionally engage the watcher now and not have him sitting in staging laughing at you! Road to Rivendell looks pretty spectacular too and I always wondered why the quest didn't make enemies who engage via ambush count their threat towards questing, glad they fixed that as many times I've had two ambush enemies appear in one turn resulting in no threat in staging/for resolution (so long as it was clear to begin with). Having to fight an ambush party that actually abduct Arwen is just awesome!

Sounds very ok!  I like the fact:  Road to Rivendell now is playable quest! I love ambush mechanic but since it was so easy i never play this quest for last 2 years. Now is looks ok. Watcher same story! Now is challenge and he became very brutal as is should be from begin!  I like idea with his legs as arms. you cut them to make him weaker. 

Cannot wait for Long Dark! I love lost mechanic but is to easy now.....And Shadow and Flame we will see some crazy Balrog things? Probably he will cancel almost all players event?

SNOW GIANT!!

Was really worried Redhorn Gate would be too hard/too punishing against low willpower but it looks like the only card that actually LOWERS a characters willpower is still just Freezing Cold, everything new just punishes you for having low willpower (extra attack on enemies etc) or does not allow you to increase willpower but does not actually reduce your willpower. If they had done this though it would have been too insanely hard, even just a -1 willpower to all characters effect on something would utterly DECIMATE considering Caradhras already gives -1 to questing characters. Nightmare version looks goddamn awesome. Cannot wait to get my hands on these!!!

Edited by PsychoRocka

Cannot wait for Long Dark! 

Same. One of my favorite quests, just wish it was harder.  Maybe it will punish people with crazy card draw decks.  I think it should.  Like in the Fords of Isen.  That would be a good idea.   

They're making these quests look so fun with all these new challenges and different aspects!

Why is the illustrator different on Ambush in the Night quest card and Road to Rivendell nightmare mode card? It's the same art...

Why is the illustrator different on Ambush in the Night quest card and Road to Rivendell nightmare mode card? It's the same art...

Good catch, that really seems quite odd

Woah!!! Good ol' FFG coming through before anyone who went to Gencon did!! :P

I was posting spoilers over at The Grey Company Facebook, but now that this article came out, looks like that's no longer needed!

One thing they didn't put in the article is that there are 2 new Tentacle enemies as well, which are pretty nasty. I'm personally a big fan of the Arwen getting captured in Road to Rivendell mechanic. It provides more tension and is a nice nod to the fate of her mom!

danpoage likes this

He changed his name during the development of the cards, before one of them was finishes but after another one.

Lol well.. now the cards say the same name so I guess he liked his first name best haha ;)

Looking on all that cards again in hall of beorn site I must to admit is amazing! Road to Rivendell should be awesome now. But also quite diffucult. Sleeping sentry was bad but now there is a lot other nasty cards…..

100% this nightmare is better then SOM nmode!