Sign in to follow this  
DJB2

Crunch! that sinking feeling.

So the nigh inevitable has happened. Two of my plastic stand parts have broken. The wind blew my window, knocked a mop handle which crashed down onto two of my Tie Swarm with a loud CRUNCH!

That is one of the worst sounds in the world. To my surprise my Ties were fine but two of the plastic stands are snapped. Hardly the end of the world. Still my sense of perfectionism and completionism is forever tarnished. I have mended them with transparent shoe glue, worked a treat. But I'm wondering if anyone else has any stories of X-wing miniature destruction? and how did you resolve it?

I don't know why I feel the need to talk about traumatic events such as these, but I'm sure there are horror stories out there that vastly eclipse mine. We could form a support group or something lol :-P

I was trying to teach my brother-in-law how to play the game on his coffee table when my toddler walked over and in one fluid motion snapped the Falcon off its peg. I have way more regular size pegs than I'll ever use, but large ship pegs are a little more precious. Super glue to the rescue!

Several months later i was playing the game with a different brother-in-law on vacation and my toddler would not leave us alone. He is obsessed with my "Staw was toys". So I let him play with one of my Tie fighters (I got more then i ever use). He promptly broke off one of the wings. Super glue worked again

I know I should learn my lesson but I just love the kid so much and love the fact that he gets excited about my Star Wars stuff. You should have seen how happy he was when I got in a shipment of new ships a few weeks ago and let him unbox all of them with me. So now i let him play with more sturdy ships like a bomber or firespray when he just has to have it. So far no other casualties.

Okay I have two many stories (by which I mean two more than I should)...

1.  Setting up for a tourney and closed my battle foam bag ON Luke Skywalker.  One cannon popped off and another bent 90 degrees.  I super glued the cannon back on and slowly bent the other back to straight.

2.  Some guys I just met was looking at my miniatures and dropped a Tie Advanced on the floor, breaking the wing off.  Super glued it back on.

3.  Due to a kick by myself to a Tie Defender that managed to make it to the floor, the plastic nub at the bottom cracked in two horizontally.  Superglue again.

4.  Y-Wing's plastic nub on the bottom cracked vertically.  It is now permanently attached to a peg with some scotch tape.

5.  I had just received my B-Wings and was giving one a test flight, dropped it on the coach, one of its cannons broke off.  Never did find that cannon.

6.  Opened my second starter kit and an X-wings cannon fell off.  SG again.

Eltnot, thanks! that put my fanatical desire for X-wing perfection into context! I do feel so much better. What's the word? Schadenfreude?

Yes I don't think I need new parts, a bit of glue and I'm all good really. It was just the sound that is still rolling around my brain and dreading to turn around to look at what fate had been dealt to my beloved swarm.

I only ever use one peg anyway .. just to save time setting up/packing away.

same here, that and more stable due to the lower center of gravity (important when one of the dogs bumps the folding table I use for gaming).

Both of my TIE advanced have lost a wing.  One fell off on its own shortly after unboxing, the other came off over a year later due to a bit of fumbling and a drop onto a cement floor.  Both were easily glued back on

I also have a B-Wing that lost a laser cannon somehow just being in storage.  I have since lost the laser cannon and since I never use all 4 of my B-wings anyway I just accepted the loss.  You have to look kind of close to even notice one cannon is shorter, and with Rebel Aces incoming it's pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Man... this is is something that I actually think willhappen to me one day.

So I don`t really keep any minis in my sweet display case.

I just put my 40K models there... :P

When my table is in use I sometimes play on the floor (not so much play but to solo test some ships and practice maneuvers).

One day my girlfriend came over before I had a chance to put things away.

The Baron had finally met his match. She walked in the room and it was slow motion..

Her beautiful, smiling face walking over to see me.. The Baron, a poor deer in headlights unable to arc dodge the inevitable, single New Balance running sneaker. To this day I don't know if the screaming "Nooooooo!" came from me or Soontir himself.. Or if episode 3 was playing in the background..

Twas a sad day in the Empire..

Of coarse she made it up to me with Imperial Aces the next day as well as some... "Extra curricular" activities. ;)

A 30 year old man with a broken toy plastic ship. And somehow SHE is the one that screwed up?!

Not sure what this world is coming to but I'll take it! :D

So far I have lost one plastic peg and had one bwing cannon fracture. The latter was a job for my bottle of handy Sable Gryphon, er Super a Glue.

I have had a close encounter with my 4yr old on a couple occasions where her sister and I were playing. Luckily she likes to roll the dice, more than grab the ships. She can already recognize hits, evades crits and blanks, bless her.