Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darth Ruin

It's time to ban C3P0

419 posts in this topic

Fat Falcons have ruined the small ship meta; when 6 out of 8 top lists at any given tournament and 25-30% of the player base are carbon copies of the same silly Falcon build utterly killing diversity it's time we had some action from FFG. 

I vote that C3P0's text be errata'd to Huge Ship Only. 

Edited by Darth Ruin
Toppis and oncogene like this

They do not have ruined anything, and it is easy enough to develop lists countering that, which will significantly decrease the use of Fat Falcons down the road. And, C3P0 is good, but not THAT good, since it only works ONCE per round. Therefore, if you have a swarm as an opponent for example, C3P0 will not change much. 

Bottom line: it does not need to be banned and is not OP in any way.

Rob Jedi, executor, haslo and 16 others like this

And correct me if I am wrong... but its a guess??? You guess first and if you're right you get an extra... am I missing something here about the sooopa OP 3PO lol?

if you guess 0, you either get your natural evade and not c3po's, or you get c3po's. Combined with falcon title thats 2 100% evades per turn.

Ok this makes more sense to me... but as stated above if you're facing Howl with a bunch of TIEs thats 14 shots coming at you, some of which will get to re-roll a miss... yeah don't see that as being OP.

FTS Gecko likes this

I've suggested two possible fixes in other threads but I'll post them again here.

1) Can't guess 0 for evades

2) Can't be used on a ship with MF title

The second option doesn't make much sense lore wise, so option 1 is probably better. 

Torresse and EvilEd209 like this

I would prefer it to be changed to 1 or more dice not when rolling more than 0 dice.  But putting it on a huge ship is nearly useless because they can roll 0 dice unless at range 3+ against primary attacks

The problem is that both of those lists are massive extremes and winning one might mean losing to the other.

Here's a question. Who actually can fight a phantom with a suboptimal build against it? What build did you use (and why it's bad against the phantom)? And how did you fly to overcome that?

catachanninja likes this

Actually, I'd rather see Biggs banned. Not because he's wildly overpowered, I just think the idea of taking away player choices (in Biggs's case, the opponent's choice of target) runs counter to what tabletop gaming is all about.

And yes, I understand this will never happen, so no need to debate the likelihood of FFG actually pulling Biggs from the game.

Vorpal Sword and Hobojebus like this