Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

Book Binding

Sadly mine is also coming appart after skipping the pages a bit. I had the same issue with Deathwatch (after 1 year) and with Black Crusade (after nearly 2 years). The new binding plus saving the old cover was verry expensive :(

Hopefully FFG shows some reaction to my inquiry after a few days.

How many people's replacement copy has begun coming apart? 

I pulled it off the shelf for the first time since I got it, gave it a quick read, and the glue is already coming undone. Granted, it lasted longer than my first copy, but not much. 

Does anyone know if I'm entitled for a replacement for my replacement?

Edited by Kainus

Brand new copy.   Not even one read through and it's already coming completely apart.  Saw this thread and ran into another copy in the bookstore.  Checked out the brand new copy and that one is already falling apart and its not even off the shelf yet.   Really upset about this.

I got a Deathwatch Collector's Edition corebook during the Christmas sale.

I can see now why they were selling for $40...the spine binding has completely detached itself from the front of the book so that it folds away, exposing all the glue.

Month 1 of ownership. Honestly, this has been happening with all of my FFG RPG hardcopies. Edge of the Empire and all supplements, Age of Rebellion, Deathwatch...it's the sole reason I refuse to buy DH2E for myself as a Christmas present (even though I REAAAAALLY want to.)

I got a Deathwatch Collector's Edition corebook during the Christmas sale.

I can see now why they were selling for $40...the spine binding has completely detached itself from the front of the book so that it folds away, exposing all the glue.

Month 1 of ownership. Honestly, this has been happening with all of my FFG RPG hardcopies. Edge of the Empire and all supplements, Age of Rebellion, Deathwatch...it's the sole reason I refuse to buy DH2E for myself as a Christmas present (even though I REAAAAALLY want to.)

I just got one of the reprints, and it seems to be better bound. If I were you, though, I'd order from FFG and ask them to send you a book from the most recent printing.

Honestly, this has been happening with all of my FFG RPG hardcopies. Edge of the Empire and all supplements, Age of Rebellion, Deathwatch...it's the sole reason I refuse to buy DH2E for myself as a Christmas present (even though I REAAAAALLY want to.)

If this is really happening to that many of your books, then I have to wonder if the fault isn't with you (in how you use them, store them, or transport them) or the store you purchase from (assuming it's a local store). I had an issue with my DH2 book, but out of more than fifty FFG RPG books I own, this is only the second one that's had an issue. That's < 4% failure rate and compares favorably to your seven plus (or so) failing books.

Honestly, this has been happening with all of my FFG RPG hardcopies. Edge of the Empire and all supplements, Age of Rebellion, Deathwatch...it's the sole reason I refuse to buy DH2E for myself as a Christmas present (even though I REAAAAALLY want to.)

If this is really happening to that many of your books, then I have to wonder if the fault isn't with you (in how you use them, store them, or transport them) or the store you purchase from (assuming it's a local store). I had an issue with my DH2 book, but out of more than fifty FFG RPG books I own, this is only the second one that's had an issue. That's < 4% failure rate and compares favorably to your seven plus (or so) failing books.

Well, the person did mention getting the collectors edition from FFG during their winter sale. There have been multiple other posters in this thread mentioning issues with non-DH2 books from FFG. It's reasonable at this point to wonder if FFG has gone with a crappy printer that does not make hardbacks meant to withstand lots of flipping back and forth.

You know ever since Black Crusade the bindings on newer books and even reprinted books isn't as high quality. At first I had no problems, but now almost every binding BC and later is having some problems. Meanwhile books printed prior to this are holding up just fine.

My original copy of Deathwatch as an example is and still is the most used book. We don't treat it any better or worse than the others and it holds up a lot better than newer reprint copies purchased within a year. Weird....

Combined with the great vast rehashing of content from book to book and a fatigue is starting to set in.