Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

Book Binding

But if someone read this and had a good one, they'd probably say it. But.not.1.did.so.far.

Nurgle really seems to have done good work on this books :(

Could it really be the page count ? Do you need super glue of doom to hold this together ?

Will FFG release a glue-your-book kit ? Question over questions ;)

Gaunt not to be that guy, but so far mine's fine. That being said it hasn't recieved extensive use other than four people going through it to see what's new. I accidentally scratched the cover of it too, but that raises issue with the entire book being artwork so any scratch ruins it. Got some creaking when I open the back cover, but I expected that.

I doubt FFG knows what it is, nor that they'd even tell us what it is if they knew.

Just checked the status page for my complaint and it seems to suggest they are going to send me a replacement which is good news. Hopefully the FFG Astropaths won't have problems with the Warp. Maybe it will arrive before it was sent! More importantly, hopefully it would be a copy in good condition (though I can't imagine them sending one otherwise).

Is there actually someone who's book isn't coming apart? This is looking like a huge production error. Maybe FFG should take some steps, or maybe post something so we know they are aware of the situation and what they plan to do about it?

So far my book isn't falling apart.  I'm just considering myself lucky at this point though.

My book does creak, but I didn't think that was unusual.  Almost every rpg book I've owned (FFG and non-FFG) creaks.

But if someone read this and had a good one, they'd probably say it. But.not.1.did.so.far.

I just wanted to give it some time to make sure that mine wasn't just taking a bit longer (or that it's being used less).  So far, I haven't had any issues.

Just noticed this problem myself, too. Every page cluster begining with p.131 and ending with p.416 has lost its glue. All of the rest appear to be holding on, but one of the clusters is slowly starting to seperate.

I don't know what it is but a lot of RP books seem to have this kind of issue, whereas other types of books are darn near invulnerable.

It's a shame and pet peeve of mine concerning RPG books.I dont care about the art,in different to what kind of paper they use,but I always care about the binding of all my books.If the binding sucks I usually wait until it's improved.So far my cover is just creaking and nothing more.No problems with the binding after 4 reads so far.

The back half of my book is off the glue as well. I'd noticed the pages seemed to be straining at the stitches, but after reading this thread I checked and can see that the last few bundles of pages are held in place by no glue whatsoever.

I'm beginning to seriously feel bad for FFG- This game must have something of a cursed reputation around the office.

Don't feel too bad for them.  I think they're doing just fine. 

:D

I'm a little distressed that no one has heard from customer service...

I heard from them. They told me that I needed to use the missing/damaged item submission rather than the regular customer service one. So I resubmitted this morning. Now waiting again.

Considering doing the same. It's a beautiful book, but worried about it splitting like my Creatures Anathema did.

Hiyas!

It's been holding up the couple times I've timidly opened & closed it.  So far so good, G-d Emperor willing!  I guess these new codices aren't as good as they used to.  Now, when I was a first edition Acolyte, let me tell you...

[trails into incoherent babbling]

L

Just got mine and it was separating right out of the box it was shipped in.

That's just crazy. I think an official statement from FFG might be in order, since more and more people are reporting this issue. It's clear that this is a production error, and not some random book falling apart.

Not yet, but it is creaking something fierce whenever I open the book.

I have an upcoming play session where the book will be used a lot so I'll let you know if anything changes.

After a few careful read-throughs and 3x character generation sessions it now looks like this.

I haven't used it in play yet:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-oSBUIBsQ-lA/VAg0VM7LGlI/AAAAAAAAAcM/RxU1mIUi6l4/w600-h800-no/IMG_2945.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-faCRguxqDVs/VAg0U7w8vnI/AAAAAAAAAcI/S4PADMshvoU/w600-h800-no/IMG_2946.JPG

Dear FFG,

It is an otherwise gorgeous book and as I understand it, it has been very costly for you to produce; so it is a real shame that this has happened to so many of us already.

If you could advise us or otherwise provide us with an update for this issue it would be very much appreciated!