Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

Book Binding

Disclaimer: I know very little about book binding methods.

I just took a look at my book and noticed that their is stiching between the pages.Im trying to understand why pages would fall out at all?I'm trying to google the answer with little luck.

My Rogue Trader book is still holding up fine after years of heavy use by heavyhanded players and GMs alike. So the fact that this new product is already experienced issues is troubling. They'll fix it eventually (hopefully) so I'm just going to wait until they have it sorted out in future printings.

This is why I tend to stick to PDFs now. I loved the look of first editions books. But they mostly sit on a shelf gathering dust for fear of opening them and causing more damage now. 

Logged into the forums just now to create a thread on this very topic.

The glue for my entire book has let go. It's only being held together by the stitching and the front and rear covers. The book is literally falling apart. Really disappointed, as I've only had it for a little over a week, and I've only opened it a handful of times. This thing has disintegrated from only light use.

I've sent an email to customer service, and I'm also waiting a response.

8clGWh5.jpg

Edited by enentol

I am seeing what appears to be some separation on my binding, though it's still quite minor.  I had a similar problem with my Creature Anathema, but as I tend to make use of the PDFs more than my hardcopies I am not too worried about it.

-=Brother Preatus=-

My copy of Dark Heresy is having similar issues, all the page sections seem to have come unglued from the spine of the book in after less then a week of reading it. 

PtMge2o.jpg

This is very troubling as my book is starting to make "creaking" sounds(alsmost like tape ripping or something) when I look through the last 50 pages or so of my book.Never had that problem before.Looks like my good luck is about to run out.Ive only read it maybe twice so far.Not happy about this.

Creaking is pretty common. All of the textbooks I've ever owned have done it, as have the FFG books I've bought new.

That glue thing though... that's bad. I wonder if it's the result of just cheap glue, or if the boxes were exposed to extreme heat or something on the boat from China.  Either way, I hope FFG replaces those books.

I just looked at my book, and the last four sets of pages have separated from the glue entirely and are only being held in by the stitching. It looks like its only a matter of time before the other sections pop loose too. I'll be contacting customer service before the weekend is over.

Edited by HappyDaze

I'm finding it ironic that the tome of decay apears to be better made than DH2.

Well.that just made my day.

But anyway, you know, even if the tome would be looking like totally decying, it'll live.

The glue for my entire book has let go.

Let it go, let it go

The glue can't hold it anymore

Let it go, let it go

Turn the pages and unglue some more

On a more serious note, I'm really dreading now how my book will turn out. I still have to receive it, but this is already making me a bit nervous.

Is there actually someone who's book isn't coming apart? This is looking like a huge production error. Maybe FFG should take some steps, or maybe post something so we know they are aware of the situation and what they plan to do about it?

I got my book two days ago and after transferring my groups characters from 1st edition to 2nd the glue has come off! How am I suppose to run a game when I can't even open the book anymore for fear of it falling apart on me. I've had my 1st edition rule book for forever and it still looks like I only just got it.

What worries me, is, that I didnt hear of 1 whose book was alright...

Means...even exchanging it will not help much...

I have to assume the people who have books without issue aren't coming around the forums to complain about it. If it were literally every book there'd be a lot more noise about it.