Sign in to follow this  
z0m4d

No Prequel Ships Settled

I can see where the confusion is. But I'm not talking about the "Rebels" animated series. I'm talking about the Rebel forces in episode IV: A New Hope, episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and episode VI: Return of the Jedi. In X-Wing, they are the Rebel Alliance. They destroyed the Death Star, Twice. That who I'm talking about.

If you see the Prequel ships in the Sequel trilogy and spin-off movies, there's a good chance FFG will make them. Otherwise it seems unlikely.

I can see where the confusion is. But I'm not talking about the "Rebels" animated series. I'm talking about the Rebel forces in episode IV: A New Hope, episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and episode VI: Return of the Jedi. In X-Wing, they are the Rebel Alliance. They destroyed the Death Star, Twice. That who I'm talking about.

If you see the Prequel ships in the Sequel trilogy and spin-off movies, there's a good chance FFG will make them. Otherwise it seems unlikely.

True enough! 

Oh... You're talking about the terrorists.  I get it.

Yes those people! They destroyed the Death Star, Killing thousands of hard working citizens who were only trying to feed their families. "Rebel scum!" That is why I serve the Empire, “To bring order to a chaotic universe!”  

Isn't the “Rebels” and the “Scum and Villainy” really the same people? 

With everything that's been said thus far.  I'm glad there is no "Clone Wars" content.. However I'm hoping there are plans for for a huge ship for the Empire. ....... and a Nebulon B frigate.  :P

It wasn't until I frequented these boards that I was introduced to the idea that the Empire could be good and Rebels bad. Reminds me of the rewritten Oz story in Wicked.

Of course the Glorious Empire are on the side of good!  Don't believe those Rebel Propaganda films of the 70's and 80's.  You'll also notice that once the tide turned a little on the documentaries of the Clone War when it was revealed how bad the Jedi were treating those poor storm troopers the series was suddenly cancelled.  Also, those documentaries were obviously subpar... the terrorists aren't made of money...they have to finance their next assault.

And don't get me started on their depictions of ewoks!  I was on Endor man... carnivorous, mean, little guerrilla socio-paths!  Here's some reading material that might keep you up at night: 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/criticalintel/10310-Endor-Anatomy-of-a-Tribal-Insurgency

Lastly, and I've gone on record about this one many times, Terrorist SKywalker is not the best pilot in the galaxy (nor the chosen one), he just happened to "own" the best Pilot in the galaxy- R2D2.  Who taught Vader to fly as well.  They even slipped up in the films on this point; they actually showed Vader Targeting R2D2 in the deathstar trench!  He knew who the true danger was (and you're seriously going to tell me R2 didn't turn that targeting computer right back on?).

Glad to see you're starting to come around to the truth.  Long live the Empire.

Edited by Rakky Wistol

Of course the Glorious Empire are on the side of good!  Don't believe those Rebel Propaganda films of the 70's and 80's.  You'll also notice that once the tide turned a little on the documentaries of the Clone War when it was revealed how bad the Jedi were treating those poor storm troopers the series was suddenly cancelled.  Also, those documentaries were obviously subpar... the terrorists aren't made of money...they have to finance their next assault.

And don't get me started on their depictions of ewoks!  I was on Endor man... carnivorous, mean, little guerrilla socio-paths!  Here's some reading material that might keep you up at night: 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/criticalintel/10310-Endor-Anatomy-of-a-Tribal-Insurgency

Lastly, and I've gone on record about this one many times, Terrorist SKywalker is not the best pilot in the galaxy (nor the chosen one), he just happened to "own" the best Pilot in the galaxy- R2D2.  Who taught Vader to fly as well.  They even slipped up in the films on this point; they actually showed Vader Targeting R2D2 in the deathstar trench!  He knew who the true danger was (and you're seriously going to tell me R2 didn't turn that targeting computer right back on?).

LOL, that's pretty good. I didn't say I was coming around, just that I appreciate the fresh perspective.

LOL, that's pretty good. I didn't say I was coming around, just that I appreciate the fresh perspective.

Not everyone can handle the truth...I hear there's some new propaganda films in the making too. I know we have to build like 12 million more tie fighters, but I would think the Emperor would do a little more on the PR front and get out ahead of these things and throw some creds down to show the Empire's glory to all the unbelievers.  

Those quotes were within the context of XWMG—I still don't think anything that's been said yet has precluded the possibility of a separate, compatible game. So they want to keep XWMG in the ABY era, and the prequel-haters don't want prequel ships in tournaments. Fine with me. FFG could STILL make a Republic Starfighter game and not have upset anything.

Those quotes were within the context of XWMG—I still don't think anything that's been said yet has precluded the possibility of a separate, compatible game. So they want to keep XWMG in the ABY era, and the prequel-haters don't want prequel ships in tournaments. Fine with me. FFG could STILL make a Republic Starfighter game and not have upset anything.

I concur.

Did technology really ever change in Star Wars?

I'm sure this has already been discussed in depth.

It has, but not for a while (month?)

Of course, views differ and the various sources conflict. I think it's clear that the Phantom is a technological innovation, if we take Captain Needa at his word that no ship the size of a stock light freighter has a cloaking device. There was a cloaking device in The Clone Wars on a stealth ship, though it was much longer than the YT, and it was very limiting, unlike the Phantom's cloaking device.

My preferred understanding is that while there are military innovations here or there, general technology advances at a snail's pace and sometimes regresses, especially when we compare it to the rate of innovation in our society. I've got my RW social science theories that support my reasoning, but that's probably beyond the scope of your inquiry. ;)

The Sith Infiltrator wasn't as big as a YT, the Revell Pocket model is a pretty good match for X-wing at 1/257 (what an odd scale)

15097975581_1fd2d9bf97_c.jpg

http://www.revell.de/en/products/star-wars/star-wars-easykit-pocket/id/06737.html

z0m4d you clearly never played the TIE Fighter video game, that was game opened your eyes to the plight of the Imperial Pilot and his work for the safety of common folk in fighting profiteers, pirates and traitors

With the recent resurgence (and resurrection) of prequel ship threads, I'll remind everyone again what Christian Peterson, CEO of FFG, said at the 2014 In-Flight Report at GenCon:

More generally we're looking at the sort of game as it is, the Galactic Civil War going way forward

In other words, the game is not intended to include pre-GCW ships, unless those ships already appear in GCW canon material.

With the recent resurgence (and resurrection) of prequel ship threads, I'll remind everyone again what Christian Peterson, CEO of FFG, said at the 2014 In-Flight Report at GenCon:

More generally we're looking at the sort of game as it is, the Galactic Civil War going way forward

In other words, the game is not intended to include pre-GCW ships, unless those ships already appear in GCW canon material.

Where's he say they already have to be in established canon as being used in GCW?

He didn't, but the game is the GCW going way forward. I'm merely preempting the counter that the YT, Y-Wing, and Z-95 were produced prior to the start of the GCW. Some pre-GCW era ships have fought in the GCW and we see them in the game. The prequel movie ships have not fought in the GCW and therefore are not in the game because, again, the game is the Galactic Civil War going way forward.

Edited by z0m4d

Viva La Rebellion!!! :P

Course, we were also told by FFG flat out

"no big ships". And we got the tantive

"Rebel and empire only" and we got scum

So as time God on, who knows what we will get. I still hold on hope for a star destroyer, who cares if we need a flatbed truck to move it... Or if it s a 6x3 game mat....

...I care.

Course, we were also told by FFG flat out

"no big ships". And we got the tantive

"Rebel and empire only" and we got scum

So as time God on, who knows what we will get. I still hold on hope for a star destroyer, who cares if we need a flatbed truck to move it... Or if it s a 6x3 game mat....

...I care.

I still think maybe we could get a Nebulon B for Rebels/Scum and either an interdictor or Victory class destroyer, probably around $100-$120 range. But I am glad they are staying away from the prequel ships, not that their bad(I like the Arc-170s look) but they don't really belong in the GCW.