Sign in to follow this  
xanderf

Somewhat-OT: That new "Rebels" TV series is looking so AWFUL it pains me to think we'll be getting ships from it

Perfect way to go for an older Luke imho.  Not many actors get the opportunity to return to a character 30 years down the line - huge opportunity for Mark really!

His best role will always be the joker, though he also did an excellent wolverine.

has anyone else noticed the sheer episode IV knock off?

1=Zeb highly resembles the concept art of Chewy?

2=you have a jedi who finds a young force sensitive to train?

3=a freighter pilot

4=a smart taling rogue, she is the fenale Han Solo

5=the droid is to easy

I will laugh my ass of if the inquisitor is Ezra's brothers-sisters-cousins-uncle or something.(old Conan reference :P)

has anyone else noticed the sheer episode IV knock off?

1=Zeb highly resembles the concept art of Chewy?

2=you have a jedi who finds a young force sensitive to train?

3=a freighter pilot

4=a smart taling rogue, she is the fenale Han Solo

5=the droid is to easy

I will laugh my ass of if the inquisitor is Ezra's brothers-sisters-cousins-uncle or something.(old Conan reference :P)

Zeb is directly based off of Chewie's art. They even admitted that, and paraded that.

Yeah. It's very much based on the same concepts. And that's... Perfectly okay.

The Zeb clip really disappointed me. It has all the peril and emotional gravity of a Daffy Duck cartoon.

I find that I don't much care for any of the clips featuring Zeb or Ezra. The electric slingshot really bothers me for some reason, and a few other things. TIE fighters getting poked and leaking fuel. Good grief.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'll be a good show [from the perspective of mass appeal and production quality] but I'm starting to think I won't like it much except for the times there are spaceships on screen (although, really, I felt much the same way for most of Clone Wars, and at least some parts of all 6 movies).

Bearing in mind that I am a Prequel Defender™, and don't really hate anything SW-related, I feel about Zeb and Ezra the same as I feel about Jar Jar, Baby Anakin, and Ewoks.

If I was ~12 I would probably really like this show.

But the fact that the characters are in no apparent danger at any time and can't talk to each other without making smart ass comments all the time, I dunno. It just seems really juvenile. Which is probably alright, as it's aimed for kids.

Further research has shown that this show will be airing on The Disney Channel, and that this is one of the main heroes :

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2014/04/26/zebjpg-9aaaf0.jpg

Solid looking kids show, so I can't hate on it.

Edited by Breaking The Law

The Zeb clip really disappointed me. It has all the peril and emotional gravity of a Daffy Duck cartoon.

I find that I don't much care for any of the clips featuring Zeb or Ezra. The electric slingshot really bothers me for some reason, and a few other things. TIE fighters getting poked and leaking fuel. Good grief.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'll be a good show [from the perspective of mass appeal and production quality] but I'm starting to think I won't like it much except for the times there are spaceships on screen (although, really, I felt much the same way for most of Clone Wars, and at least some parts of all 6 movies).

Bearing in mind that I am a Prequel Defender™, and don't really hate anything SW-related, I feel about Zeb and Ezra the same as I feel about Jar Jar, Baby Anakin, and Ewoks.

Ties leaking fuel....THE LEAKING FUEL!

How did they miss those massive solar cells, or the fact ion engines don't burn fuel they emit a stream of charged particles.

Do they even star wars bro?

Has anyone in this thread considered the thought that maybe they were intentionally showing the fun, exciting bits of the show to potential viewers and keeping the dark, serious twists for the actual show so as not to spoil things?

Trailers, clips, etc are hand selected out of the rest of the show for a specific purpose: marketing. It has been stated this is to appeal to a somewhat younger audience than The Clone Wars did. The clips, trailers, etc reflect that decision.

Just because this is all we have seen of the series so far does not mean that we will not get those Star Wars type twists in plot: someone is someone's long lost cousin turned Imperial Commander with a robot eyeball (that they got from that battle where they were presumed dead) and now they are hunting the good guys. Or something like that.

I'm happy there will be more Star Wars content at all in the form of TV/Movies, cuz back in 2005 after I saw Ep3 I was like well crap, that's it. No more Star Wars films. Now I don't have to think that. Thanks Disney!

Judging by the reactions on the forum so far, they really should have made atleast one "serious" trailer.

This is probably true. The first 7 minutes holds some promise, at least, more than the clips. I'll be looking forward to recording and watching it at my convenience. Just gotta blast through 3 & 1/2 seasons of The Clone Wars before October.

The fuel leak could be some form of hydraulic thing. Through the Han Solo novels back in the day he was trying to replace the 'fluidic' system on the Falcon and that was pretty close to the same period. I suppose it is possible that the early TIEs used something similiar in the control systems rather than as fuel. Im reaching here but  since Darth Vader built C-3PO nothing would surprise me...The slingshot concerns me though

I'm pretty sure that's a quote from Spaceballs.

Taken from the IMDB quotes section for Spaceballs:

Dark Helmet: Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.

Lone Starr: What?

Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Lone Starr: What's that make us?

Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.

Edited by GroggyGolem

First, and most importantly, I would like to point out you are nerd-raging about a children's show on the Disney channel that happens to be set in the SW universe. The absurdity of this complaint boggles my mind.

Second, did you ever see the original movies? Stormtroopers were complete morons, incapable of hitting ANYTHING, except their own heads. You're surprised that a trained fighter was able to take out a bunch of trigger happy goons?

Third, did you forget that TIE fighters exploded in space in the OT? If they can explode in space, that means there is something to burn (however illogical an explosion in the vacuum of space may be). So if there is something that could explode in space, they could just as easily explode in atmosphere.

Breathe, it'll be okay...

First, and most importantly, I would like to point out you are nerd-raging about a children's show on the Disney channel that happens to be set in the SW universe. The absurdity of this complaint boggles my mind.

Second, did you ever see the original movies? Stormtroopers were complete morons, incapable of hitting ANYTHING, except their own heads. You're surprised that a trained fighter was able to take out a bunch of trigger happy goons?

Third, did you forget that TIE fighters exploded in space in the OT? If they can explode in space, that means there is something to burn (however illogical an explosion in the vacuum of space may be). So if there is something that could explode in space, they could just as easily explode in atmosphere.

Breathe, it'll be okay...

What I want to know is how they got that orchestra to play music in the vacuum of space. Edited by GroggyGolem

...I mean, the mind-boggling level of incompetence of the stormtroopers is just beyond words. 

The competence level of the Imperial forces has been in question ever since they were defeated by a tribe of stone age teddy bears in Return of the Jedi.

...I mean, the mind-boggling level of incompetence of the stormtroopers is just beyond words. 

The competence level of the Imperial forces has been in question ever since they were defeated by a tribe of stone age teddy bears in Return of the Jedi.

From what iv'e heard it was originaly going to be stormtroopers vs wookies, since lucas wanted that whole primal vs technology battle thing, but by the time ROTJ came around they already had established Chewbaca as a very good mechanic, and his bowcaster was hardly primitive either, so they decided on another primitive race.

Now me personaly, i like the little, tribal, carnivourous, spear-wielding, ,ATST-wreckin', furballs.

The panels on TIEs aren't solar panels. They're essentially the same type of heat dispersal units that X-Wings have, just much, much larger.

"All TIE series starfighters had two or more ion engine outlets, linked to a solar ionization reactor and solar array wings."

Taken straight from Wookieepedia

The my little Teddy fur balls were only a divirsonary deterrent against the Empire...Only The log snare traps were effective ; arrows , spears and rocks vs blasters, hvy cannons ...Their tiny assault would have been a complete massacre of their race if Chewie did nott commandeer one of the At-st walker units...

The new series has a lot more to tounge in cheek dialouge between all characters ; instead of just one...You really need to remember this is a kids program lol...The ships look really nice too...By the looks of it , I imagine we will see the Ghost ship..