Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catastrophic09

When and where do you get your monthly packs from?

39 posts in this topic

I get almost all of my gaming stuff from coolstuff. I wait until I have enough wanted product in my wishlist to hit the free shipping threshold.

Nice, definitely seems like a good option especially if you're into several games and can easily get into free shipping.

My FLGS has a standing order for all things LOTR lcg. As soon as they have an adventure pack/expansion box in they send me a text message. 

Stuff usually arrives 1-2 weeks after announcing the release.

deeth82 and PsychoRocka like this

My FLGS has a standing order for all things LOTR lcg. As soon as they have an adventure pack/expansion box in they send me a text message. 

Stuff usually arrives 1-2 weeks after announcing the release.

Yeah I have more or less the same setup when I don't buy online earlier, guy who works at my local game store texts me when they have stuff. Takes about two and a half weeks from release date.

Caerdowyn likes this

I'm still a fairly new player, so I'm still catching up. Sofar I'm only at Khazad-dûm and have the first hobbit box.

I have bought most through Amazon, but recently found a local webshop that is cheaper and delivers faster. So I'll be buying all my stuff from them from now on.

Catastrophic09 likes this

I always try to find the cheapest deal, my next purchase will be Khazad-dum and the Dwarrowdelf cycle. Alas I don't live in the US, because apparently then CSI's free shipping doesn't count..

So I'm buying at summoner.nl, my FLGS. Thats the easiest way, cause I'm a bit tired of searching for better deals, and they are really nice people + fast delivery and they get in stock fast.

US prices are just much lower then in Europe so sometimes I'm trying to get them somewhere with low shipping costs.

My LGS is kinda geared towards a few of THEIR favorite games, and everything else is kindof an afterthought for them.  I've picked up a few packs there if they're already in stock.  But they could care less about LOTR:LCG and usually don't get it in until at least a week after it's been released (sometimes longer).  So between LOTR and a few other games I've been trying to build (Dominion, SW:CLG, etc), I just usually gather what I need from Coolstuffinc.com.  Since I would have to wait about the same amount of time to get it locally as I would to wait for the shipping to get here.  Plus my gaming addiction.... er, hobby... has made me spend enough money there to get to their 7th level of discounts.  It's not a huge discount, but with the free shipping I usually get, it adds up!

Catastrophic09 likes this

I get almost all of my gaming stuff from coolstuff. I wait until I have enough wanted product in my wishlist to hit the free shipping threshold.

Nice, definitely seems like a good option especially if you're into several games and can easily get into free shipping.

Yeah. The release schedules for the LOTR LCG, Star Wars LCG, Edge of the Empire, and Age of Rebellion are regular enough that it doesn't take more than a couple months to have enough new product to get the free shipping. I don't need the new packs right away, so I wait a month or two then buy several all at once, a veritable gamer's orgy of products a few times a year.

There's no store in Chile that brings Lotr lcg with any kind of regularity, so I just order the expansions from Thebookdepository.com, which has free shipping so it's pretty cheap to import them. The bad thing is that they take more or less 1 month to arrive, and they don't have POD quests or Nightmare packs.

When I was just getting into the game and catching up with new packs I used book depo.

Luckily for me my local shops owner is as keen on the game as I am so he gets packs in ASAP.

Usually bookdepository, because it is cheaper than what passes for our FLGS (if you consider distance of 90 kilometres being "local") and with no shipping fees. It does usually appear there later than on, say, Amazon, but again, still better than our sh*tty excuses of a FLGS.

I try to get them anywhere anytime!

this :D though if i had a local game store id support them

I do have a shop in Bangkok where i can get a LOTR but sometimes is more quickly to get is some other country since i travel a lot. *** is still not here....... Probably i need to wait couple of weeks.... :(