Sign in to follow this  
bmmcwhirt

Ysalamiri

These are my thoughts on how I think Ysalamiri should work. Curious what others think and what ideas suggestions you have.  Since Ysalamiri are very difficult to remove from their natural habitat of the Olbio trees, they will be very very rare. I'm not sure what their rarity and cost should be so I'm open to suggestions.

Ysalamiri

Home World: Myrkr

Ysalamiri create a buble around themselves in which force sensitives are unable to influence the force. Inside the bubble the force would appear to sensitives as a dark void, empty and without the usual information the force carries with it.

Age, Size, Force Dampening Bubble

Hachling

4-10cm

0.75m

Young

10-40cm

1.5m

Adult

40-120cm

10m

Elder

40-120cm

8m

The force bubble is not a bubble but in fact dwendals by 50% for every 0.5m after it's range. Thus at 10.5m and adult only stops 50% of the force and at 11m only 25% and 12%(round down) and so on.

Ysalamiri are undetectable by force sensitives because sensitives can not sense inside the Ysalamiri buble.

Edited by bmmcwhirt

In case you didn't have the F&D book, the Ysalamir is in the book. They have neither rarity or cost because they are down as antagonists not gear. As far as range is concerned, these games do not use feet or meters but short, medium, long etc.

E

Not sure where you're going with this... the stats on pg 235 already pretty much cover it....

This is more of an expansion on that and defining a finite range instead of just 'short' and then putting a cost on owning/acquiring one.

In case you didn't have the F&D book, the Ysalamir is in the book. They have neither rarity or cost because they are down as antagonists not gear. As far as range is concerned, these games do not use feet or meters but short, medium, long etc.

E

Yes but there will be instances where you will need more precise ranges, for instance placing them in a building to prevent force use. I could simplify it to the short/medium/long range by quantity but having the range seems a better way to go.

Not sure where you're going with this... the stats on pg 235 already pretty much cover it....

This is more of an expansion on that and defining a finite range instead of just 'short' and then putting a cost on owning/acquiring one.

But since the system doesn't support finite ranges... why?

And how would force percentages even work?

Not to sound rude, but I really think you need to get the book. This system works in quite a different way to it's predecessor so what you're saying doesn't match what players actually have to work with.

Why in heavens name are we fiddling about with ranges. These fuzzy little worms are pure plot device only - so hand wave it, say "Yup, you're in a Force Dead bubble - no Jedi Mojo for you!" and be done with it.

Because a player may want to step out of said bubble.

Because a player may want to step out of said bubble.

Still way too much math and figuring for what is essentially a GM plot device. I'd just handwave it.

I agree, but there's not even the need to do that. The rules say the bubble extends to short range from the creature.