Sign in to follow this  
IronTau

Has the optimal 7 TIE swarm loadout changed in this meta?

One of the only mainstay competitive lists of all waves has been the TIE swarm, but that doesn't mean it is immune to change. With all of the Falcons, Whispers, and Z-95s out there, have swarm players been taking different upgrades or named ships?

Is it more important to take defensive upgrades on Howlrunner now? Or Obsidians instead of Academies? 

Are interceptors or bombers better inclusions for firepower or health instead of named TIEs? 

Veteran swarmers, any thoughts?

I have been playing a 6 ship swarm with howl and 2 interceptors as the key damage dealers for a while and it still dominates falcons without any trouble. It also chews up Z's without much trouble. Phantoms are deadly to ties but that's what the 2 interceptors are for hopefully.

I have also played a similar list with 2 interceptors as well. It has for all purposes done really well. I know a lot of people scoff at the lowly interceptor but it still has a place in my formation. 

One of the group here in Ottawa likes running 5 Black Squadron Ties + Predator and Nightbeast. Its a very different swarm as it doesnt care about the furball. 

I like:

Howlrunner + Swarm Tactics

Mauler + Swarm Tactics

Scimitar + Seismic Charge

Scimitar + Seismic Charge

Academy

Academy

The ability to dumb bombs into a furball is dangerous but very effective.