Sign in to follow this  
barabelsftw

Farlander's kind of a jerk if you think about it.

I believe in the 'Farlander Papers', Farlander realised he could tap into the force.

His initial dabblings were with using the (dark side of the) force to manipulate pilots into flying right into his crosshairs.*

So yeah, Farlander is a massive jerk.

*He later had some bad experiences, getting some of his wingmen killed, and renounced the force until he met Luke Skywalker, who showed him 'the light', so to speak.

So if you think about it fluff-wise, it doesn't even phase Keyan when he shoots at the shuttle carring a rebel captive. In fact, he actually shoots better when he knows one of his mates is on that ship.

You gotta have ice for blood to be an ace pilot.

"It's OK. Luke would want me to blow up this shuttle." [pulls trigger]

Keyan shooting down his own fellow freedom fighter will always feel worse than destroying a death star for the same reason the on-screen death of a loyal pet feels worse than the death's of 10,000 innocent people you don't know.

If you want to say that, talk about Luke blowing up the whole second Death Star, when it had thousands of innocent civilians on board.

Luke didn't blow it up. Lando did.

Wasn't it Blount and Cracken? Lando only flew the Falcon, he didn't man the guns.

If you want to say that, talk about Luke blowing up the whole second Death Star, when it had thousands of innocent civilians on board.

Wasn't it Blount and Cracken? Lando only flew the Falcon, he didn't man the guns.

I think it was the Concussion Missiles that dropped the power core, not the turrets.  Who fired the missiles?

I think it was the Concussion Missiles that dropped the power core, not the turrets.  Who fired the missiles?

Nien Nunb! Just look into those black, soulless eyes and tell me he didn't.

They actually clarify in one of the X-Wing books that Wedge got to paint 1/2 of a Death Star on his Ship's killboard (painted on the side) because he and Lando share the kill on the DS2. So Wedge did and Lando did.

Jacob

Yeah, concussion missiles destroyed the core, and those probably were fired by Lando. Or maybe by Nien Nunb? Is Nien Nunb the mass murderer of civilians?

Knowing there was a battle coming, I'm not sure how many civilians would have been underfoot at Endor.

I was talking about the civilians on the Death Star.