Sign in to follow this  
z0m4d

Greetings¡¡¡¡¡

Look, mate. There's been a lot of hate of late towards Kaxel Vofer on various threads, and it ain't cool. English obviously isn't his* primary language, but he's probably doing the best he can. It's pretty rude of us to make fun of him.

Can you imagine trying to argue our pointless discussions (whether or not there will be Prequel ships) in another language? Oh, so you're super annoyed that he ends every post with "greetings," huh? So sorry for you. Maybe it's because he knows his English isn't perfect and he's trying to appeal to your better side. So please, show him some courtesy, some consideration, some patience.

Greettings.

* I'm assuming Kaxel is a guy.

Edited by z0m4d

I concur.  Some general courtesy would go a long way in many of these posts lately.  I used to feel like this was a pretty friendly forum, but lately, it seems to be a little bit aggressive; people overreacting violently to harmless posts.  Can't you just ignore a post you don't like, or possibly just write that you disagree in a respectful fashion?

it makes him sound like a total creep, another language or not, he could still get rid of it by now//spell it right at least. Greettings.

Wierd thing is he's even been told, to his face, both that that's not how the word is used and that it's the incorrect spelling, and insists on perpetuating. I'm half-convinced he's a troll of some sort.

it makes him sound like a total creep, another language or not, he could still get rid of it by now//spell it right at least. Greettings.

Wierd thing is he's even been told, to his face, both that that's not how the word is used and that it's the incorrect spelling, and insists on perpetuating. I'm half-convinced he's a troll of some sort.

That's what bugs me.

He doesn't care.

Either way, it is a pretty harmless little add-on, no more irritating to me than many of the signatures people have attached to their every post.  It seems like it would be easy to ignore, and I guess I don't understand why so many people are so hung up on it.  I could just as easily rant and rave about the misspellings and errors contained in both posts so far (in this thread at least) that criticize him for the same errors, but I don't think it is a big deal.  I only mention it to point out that he is not alone in spelling things incorrectly, so maybe we should cut him some slack.

Either way, it is a pretty harmless little add-on, no more irritating to me than many of the signatures people have attached to their every post.

I largely agree with your post, but it should be said: that's damning with faint praise if I've ever seen it. There are some pretty irritating signatures floating around here.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

I think it's mainly the fact as was mentioned above that he's doing it on purpose now because he knows it irritates others. He's kinda asking for it by doing that so can't really blame people for getting upset even though they could just ignore it. Just knowing the fact he's doing it on purpose is what people don't like.

I think it's mainly the fact as was mentioned above that he's doing it on purpose now because he knows it irritates others. He's kinda asking for it by doing that so can't really blame people for getting upset even though they could just ignore it. Just knowing the fact he's doing it on purpose is what people don't like.

That's what REALLY GETS ME.

I don't like people who don't take feedback constructively when it shows up repeatedly. It makes the person come across as massively entitled and dickish.

Also, if my signature is annoying, please like this comment! I'll do my best to prune it down or something if I get a few of them! Cheers! :3

Does it really matter what we think of him personally? He's entitled to an opinion, just like the rest of us are. I've said it before, this is a GLOBAL COMMUNITY. Some things may get lost in translation, but have some respect for others, even if you don't agree with what he's got to say.  :angry:

So after doing some forum searching on the name Kaxel Vofer, it seems as though there's some hostility towards how he talks.

Am I missing something here?

I read the entire thread about the SaS faction and I didn't see any crazy antics from this guy. Actually, if anything he was just about the only one being civil and trying to keep the thread on topic. He was instantaneously met with an incredible amount of hostility, and instead of lashing out and getting pissed at the personal attacks, like he had every right to do, he politely would remind people about what the topic of the thread was to, you know, discuss it.

I could point out the people that acted like children and went bat-**** crazy for whatever reason on some dude trying to strike up a conversation, but it seems as though pointing them out would be counter productive.

From what I've gathered, everyone is giving him **** over saying 'greettings' after every post. To me this is no different than any other person saying 'cheers' just about as often. It happens. For me, this is how people talk where I'm from, but that's okay. I know the meaning and intention of both 'greettings' and 'cheers', and because of that it doesn't bother me.

But here's the kicker...

Even if it did bother me it's none of my business what he writes.

You might as well follow him around and kick his foot every time he steps because you don't like the clothes he wears. Seriously, this seems no different than some high school drama fueled by too many hormones and too little experience. Picking on some dude because he acts different than you.

Really?

....................really?

So after doing some forum searching on the name Kaxel Vofer, it seems as though there's some hostility towards how he talks.

Am I missing something here?

I read the entire thread about the SaS faction and I didn't see any crazy antics from this guy. Actually, if anything he was just about the only one being civil and trying to keep the thread on topic. He was instantaneously met with an incredible amount of hostility, and instead of lashing out and getting pissed at the personal attacks, like he had every right to do, he politely would remind people about what the topic of the thread was to, you know, discuss it.

I could point out the people that acted like children and went bat-**** crazy for whatever reason on some dude trying to strike up a conversation, but it seems as though pointing them out would be counter productive.

From what I've gathered, everyone is giving him **** over saying 'greettings' after every post. To me this is no different than any other person saying 'cheers' just about as often. It happens. For me, this is how people talk where I'm from, but that's okay. I know the meaning and intention of both 'greettings' and 'cheers', and because of that it doesn't bother me.

But here's the kicker...

Even if it did bother me it's none of my business what he writes.

You might as well follow him around and kick his foot every time he steps because you don't like the clothes he wears. Seriously, this seems no different than some high school drama fueled by too many hormones and too little experience. Picking on some dude because he acts different than you.

Really?

....................really?

I think there was a few before that thread actually. That was a thread after a few previous ones. I didn't read the particular thread your referring to but there are a few more I believe where he's told politely and refused to acknowledge it and did it more just to make people upset. Again it's pretty easy to just ignore it but he seems to get other terms right but insists on spelling and using that one because he knows it upsets people. If it was me I would just stop doing it if I knew I was irritating someone because that's just kinda childish in my opinion to keep doing something to irritate another. Just my opinion tho, I can see the other way to just let it go it's not a big deal. Just as easy to let it go as it is to just spell it right and use it right especially after being told so I dunno. Edited by Jaden Ckast

Either way, it is a pretty harmless little add-on, no more irritating to me than many of the signatures people have attached to their every post.  It seems like it would be easy to ignore, and I guess I don't understand why so many people are so hung up on it.  I could just as easily rant and rave about the misspellings and errors contained in both posts so far (in this thread at least) that criticize him for the same errors, but I don't think it is a big deal.  I only mention it to point out that he is not alone in spelling things incorrectly, so maybe we should cut him some slack.

It's not comparable to a signature, because signatures are automatically appended at the end of every post, whereas a trademark sign-off has to be manually typed.

The non-automatic nature of it signifies that he is deliberately putting it there for some reason. As does the continued misspelling of the word, despite his being corrected repeatedly.

His obvious intent leads you to wonder why he does it.

The fact that he keeps doing it even after people have said it's annoying, and refuses to address the spelling, leads to the assumption that he's trolling, seeking attention, or doing some sort of weird cantina alien roleplaying.

Is there any part of that summary that seems illogical to you?

Lingual/cultural barriers are not a premise that holds up to scrutiny here. Even if you've convinced yourself that he started doing it to be friendly or polite, I am aware of no culture on earth where politeness is defined by continually doing what you personally hold to constitute politeness even when your peers tell you they don't like it, and ask you to stop. Aggressive, stubborn friendliness isn't very friendly at all -- it's trolling.

It's not comparable to a signature, because signatures are automatically appended at the end of every post, whereas a trademark sign-off has to be manually typed.

The non-automatic nature of it signifies that he is deliberately putting it there for some reason. As does the continued misspelling of the word, despite his being corrected repeatedly.

His obvious intent leads you to wonder why he does it.

The fact that he keeps doing it even after people have said it's annoying, and refuses to address the spelling, leads to the assumption that he's trolling, seeking attention, or doing some sort of weird cantina alien roleplaying.

Is there any part of that summary that seems illogical to you?

Lingual/cultural barriers are not a premise that holds up to scrutiny here. Even if you've convinced yourself that he started doing it to be friendly or polite, I am aware of no culture on earth where politeness is defined by continually doing what you personally hold to constitute politeness even when your peers tell you they don't like it, and ask you to stop. Aggressive, stubborn friendliness isn't very friendly at all -- it's trolling.

To me the key part is actually the fact that it is very easy to ignore (or at least it is simple for me to overlook it; maybe I am just different) and relatively harmless. Why is it so upsetting?  I just don't understand why it fills people with rage.

To me the key part is actually the fact that it is very easy to ignore (or at least it is simple for me to overlook it; maybe I am just different) and relatively harmless. Why is it so upsetting?  I just don't understand why it fills people with rage.

Part of the problem is that most of his posts seem to be either unintelligible or to present unpopular views, so the "greettings" thing is a bit like telling someone "I think your opinion is terrible and it's nice to meet you." Salt in the wound and all that.