Sign in to follow this  
MacrossVF1

[Paintjob] Painting a scratch built YG-4210

I would buy that. What did you decide to do for the dial/stats?

If the price is right, then sure! As for stats or dial, that's not my cup of tea. I'm good at painting and modelling, not writing rules. Feel free you guys to come up with some rules if you want to.

0 attack would be a first but probably fitting though with the option to mount a turret. The ship supposedly was used as a scout so thinking of it as an AWACS might work, we can imagine it had an extended sensor suite to fit its scout role.

Wow, that's just gorgeous!
Many moons ago I kitbashed some transport ships for Battlefleet Gothic, and while they looked pretty good, this just blows them away.

I'm snooping at your blog now to see how the magic was done :)

Very nice job. Kinda think the cockpit windows could be a touch bigger like the original illustration but that's probably cause you've got it next to the ship with the biggest bit of glass in all of the Galaxy Far Far Away

That looks fantastic!  Is that to scale?

As close to scale as I could manage. The problem isn't actually the scale so much as knowing where to measure from. The official number is 24 meters which put it at about 89 millimetres at 1/270 scale. However is that with or without the sensor equipment at the very front of the ship? It is a bit like researching World War 2 tanks. Some sources include the gun barrel in the overall length and some do not, which obviously can lead to some confusion. I decided to disregard most of the sensor array. Instead I made sure that the ship will measure 89 millimetres from the front of the nose (including the 'box' stuck directly to the nose) to the back of the middle engine.

Great job, is it available for around the same price as the Firespray? ;-)

Wouldn't you like to know? :) Actually, it might very well be sold already, just got to finalize the details and off it goes!

Edited by MacrossVF1