Sign in to follow this  
voidstate

Voidstate's Squadron Builder - New Feature: Localisation

Hi All

Just wanted to let everyone know that there's a new feature on my Squadron Builder... but you can't use it yet! :P

I have recoded much of the app to allow localisation: you can now switch the language it uses, both for the GUI and the card text. The coding is all in place and live, now I just need some kind people to help with the translations.

I have German, Italian and French volunteers. I'm still looking for Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Korean ones. Plus any other languages the game might be available in. If you're a speaker of one of these languages and can spare the time, please get in touch.

Once the translations have been entered, I'll turn the feature on and everyone can start using whichever language they prefer...

In the meantime, I've had to make a lot of changes across the app so if you notice any bugs, please do let me know.

Cheers

voidstate

Edited by voidstate

I'm having trouble accessing all of my saved squadrons. The Rebels display fine, but when I switch to the Imperials the bottom squadron that's displayed is formatted differently followed by several lines. It's only showing about half of my saved Imperial squadrons.

I'm having trouble accessing all of my saved squadrons. The Rebels display fine, but when I switch to the Imperials the bottom squadron that's displayed is formatted differently followed by several lines. It's only showing about half of my saved Imperial squadrons.

Clearly some slicer has been in your files, I'd hire a bounty hunter.

PM sent.

I can't seem to load squadrons any more? Bug?

And dude, read some of your travel blog, awesome stuff.

PM sent, too.

And I'm glad you like our blog. Nearly the end of the trip now... but we're all ready to go home. One year is long enough to be on the road.

I could translate to Swedish.

That would be cool.

Is the game officially available in Swedish?

Does this feature allow you to see it spelled "localization?"

I don't mind translating into French or Portuguese, but I draw the line at American English! :P

Does anyone else get the bug where the second ship they add end up miles down the page, off the screen?

That's been around since the beginning. I've never been able to figure out how to fix it or even what causes it. To fix it temporarily, you can delete the ship above and add it again, or save the squadron, close the tab and load it again.

Edited by voidstate

I have the problem that even after checking my collection numerous times to make sure it is correct, I still have cards available which rae not in my collection and sometimes ships that I do have are not shown.

BTW, the squadbuilder is great and I thank you so much for it!

The game is officially available in Swedish, I do not have that many Swedish cards though.

Bugwise I'm having trouble with removing ships. I click the cross to remove it, all it's upgrades vanish as well as it's point cost, but the ship itself doesn't disappear from the right pane.

Hi Voidstate,

Sorry to hijack this thread but couldn't figure out how to ge ta hold of you otherwise.  Your website seems to be down and as the owner of 40krpgtools.com I would be particularly interested in rehosting your 40k ship size visualizer tool if your site will be down permanently.

If you are interested please reply here or through my contact form on http://www.40krpgtools.com/contact/

Thanks!