Sign in to follow this  
Gadge

Y wing 'semi re-paint' and B wing conversion.. nothing amazing but i'm happy with em.

nothing big or clever here.  just made the yellow on the Y wings deeper put a bit of colour on the astomechs and made the cockpits more like the shade of my A wings.  Also painted the turret black to define it more... the factory paint job makes it look like ski's on the roof.

Repostioned the B wing totally for a more 'in flight' look and I much prefer it.  Changed the post mount from the rear to under the wing and sawed the cockpit off an put it back on at an angle more fitting.

Breposttoon2_zps2a390489.jpg

Breposition1_zps004033ec.jpg

B wing position is as near as i could get it copy of the pic of them flying away from the executor as it blows up...only problem is the pic in the stills is 'flipped' but this is a mirror image model of the flipped still.

cheers guys, about 30 mins work max.   In fact probably exactly that as i watched a youtube show of 30 minutes duration and they were done by the time it ended.   Hardest bit was getting the cockpit front off cleanly as i could only find one craft knife and the blade on it was a bit dull... couldnt find my razor/jewelery saw and a hacksaw would have made too much mess.

Nice!  I've done a similar modification to my B-wings.  Removed the ship from the peg, added magnets, cut the cockpit off and added magnets to that as well.  It allows the whole ship to spin independently from its peg and for the cockpit to rotate with it.  

There is some reason behind why FFG modeled the B-wings the way they did, though.  When they lock S-foils in RotJ, they're all in a 'standing' orientation.  It's a legitimate flight orientation for them.

thansk for the kind comments

I did indeed paint the 'domes' on the engines and cockpits up to the same 'off white' they are in the films (and a matching shade to my A wings)

The yellow is foundry 'yellow shade' IIRC with a little citadel griffon sepia in the creases.  The offwhite/grey is foundry 'arctic grey' from the shade, through the base tone to the highlight (which is really white).