Sign in to follow this  
Nisshan

CYBORGS!

So I'm building an cyborg badguy.

my pcs blew up a stormtrooper sergeant twice, once during a trainheist and then again when he tried to shoot down the pcs ship. he was shot by their firespray so he is pretty dead.

but both the players and I want him back so I'm gonna make him a cyborg.

Know the Empire experimented with cyborgs: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phase_Zero_dark_trooper

so help me with stats.. Thinking of taking stormtrooper sergeant stats and upgrading them

Sounds about right. Give him +2 Brawn, +1 Intellect, and make him look freaky.

Also integrate some weapons so he can just pull out a blaster, or small missile launcher, or a blade from each arm. 

And since you mentioned Dark Troopers...an integrated jetpack would be cool! I'd put it in his legs, so he flies like Cad Bane. 

dark troopers are droids and are in the Age of Rebellion book. perhaps you good use them as a starting point?

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/adversaries/adversary/1296/

Maybe you should check his link before pointing out the obvious.

Edit: Re-reading your post, I realize that you were in fact trying to help and I just misinterpreted. I apologize for sounding way more confrontational than intended.

You meant that there are Dark Troopers in the Age of Rebellion book, and although they are droids, they can serve as a starting point. Which is an entirely legitimate and sensible advice.

Edited by Fgdsfg

phase zero was cyborgs..

something like this, a mix between sergeant and dark trooper

Cyborg sergeant

sounds about right. Give him +2 Brawn, +1 Intellect, and make him look freaky.

Brawn 5 Agility3, intellect 1, cunning 2, willpower 2, presence 1

Soak 7, wound 16, defense 1/1

SOCIAL .

DEFENSE .

Adversary 1

Equipment: Internal Comlink, Jet Pack, Missile Tube (Gunnery; Damage 20; Critical 2; Range (Extreme); Blast 10, Cumbersome 3, Guided 3, Breach 1, Prepare 1, Limited Ammo 6, ), Plasma Shell Assault Cannon (Gunnery; Damage 10; Critical 2; Range (Long); Auto-Fire, Breach 1, Concussive 1, Cumbersome 4, Inaccurate 1, ), Power Armor (+2 soak; +1 defense)

Czerka CZ-28 Flamestrike, Gunnery, Damage: 9 Critical: 2 Range: Short

Special: Burn 4, Blast 9, Cumbersome 3, Vicious 2,

In case your players know rules a little too much - have him ion shielded. According to the rules even a 1 point of ion damage exceeding soak shuts of all cybernetics off until the end of the encounter. Currently there is no ion-shielding of any kind described in available sourcebooks, so just have some explanation ready.

In case your players know rules a little too much - have him ion shielded. According to the rules even a 1 point of ion damage exceeding soak shuts of all cybernetics off until the end of the encounter. Currently there is no ion-shielding of any kind described in available sourcebooks, so just have some explanation ready.

This is something I'd suggest you houserule on. The RAW for taking out cybernetics with ion damage is way too unfavorable to cybernetics. It makes you wonder how Vader and Grievous were ever a threat when the slightest ion damage wrecks them..

That's why I've house ruled "Ion+Cyberware=Affects Character as Though They Were Droids" in my game. SO PCs won't be so frightened of by possibility.

However Cyberware also carries a negative social stigma (worth 1 Setback, 2 if it's heavy modification, like Vader) for all non-Coercion based Social rolls (though depending on the cyberware and the character I might be flexible).

The old Saga system had it for 1000c and an upgrade slot, which is sort of eminently workable into this system, however; if one cybernetic out of multiple installations did not have the shielding installed, then it wouldn't work and you'd get shorted out. Which isn't much fun if its your nervous system, lungs or heart that got some work done to it, because you'd basically die.

I like Evileyore's idea... Strain damage plus long disorient effect is not as dangerous as immediate shutdown. In SAGA this shielding option - cybernetics had slots? Like hard points in EotE?

On a related issue: is disorient cumulative? For example if a droid is hit every round with an ion bolt and each time disorient is triggered, do the black dice add up? 

I like Evileyore's idea... Strain damage plus long disorient effect is not as dangerous as immediate shutdown. In SAGA this shielding option - cybernetics had slots? Like hard points in EotE?

Yeah its pretty much same as hardpoints, which I'd be ok adding in for extra cost or introducing different grades of cybernetic implants, just the same as you can get different qualities on most products, though to be medical grade they're already fairly high to begin with.

I could sort of understand why it wouldn't be a stock feature, most people don't tend to go out of their way to get zapped by Jawas and DEMP guns and it keeps mass production costs down. But for a military industrial complex making a lot of use of them or bespoke creations done by an artisan, price isn't so much of an object