Sign in to follow this  
Salamanderjunior

Have you ever sent an email to FFG suggesting / asking / crying / begging for some change in the X-wing?

If you've done this, put it here and if possible to answer that FFG gave his request. 

I just sent this today:

Please refer to the designers of X-wing 

One of the cards I like is elusiveness (really like). I believe that other players also have a love for this card. But I feel that something is missing him. Could they make it more useful to be used more often? 
Something like in addition to reroll attack dice, allow reroll one defense die and get rid of the hit, be penalized with a stress. 

Another thing: Why not include in the proton torpedoes and concussion missiles cards the header - ACTION: Attack (Target Lock). Just think of that possibility and see that everyone will love it. Mitigate the high cost of the cards above and would be interesting in addition to requiring a good preparation to launch a secondary attack in the action phase. Besides being able to perform the primary attack weapon in the attack phase.

Thanks for the great game that X-wing is. Just remember that peopl of older cards and do not be trying to fix things like Expose, making us buy more ships. Just do not be ashamed to make an errata. Be proud of correcting the flaws and conquer more admiration from fans of the game community. 

Thank you for giving attention to us, we like to play X-wing casually.

While I like the idea of ordnance firing alongside primary attack, firing instead of an action doesn't seem like a "clean" mechanic to me and is also not that helpful. Imagine that without the possibility of a second action, you'd have to TL, then fire the subsequent turn, with no focus on either primary attacks!

Or was this your intention all along? To change a powerful one-time hit and a primary attack into two weak-version primary attacks (no modifiers) and a one-time hit alongside the second?

Personally, I don't think telling them the game needs correction of flaws is a way to get their attention. Allowing two attacks per phase is far to powerful to errata.

Not too mention that if they start answering these emails or listening to these suggestions (sorry, no offense intended, it's more of a general thing) then they'd instantly be flooded by 1K emails / day asking similar stuff.

But I'm pretty sure (I mean 150% sure) that FFG guys read fora and comments and so on, so I think posting, debating, talking here is much more effective than bombmail them.

Now, what about the petition for imperial capital ships? :blush:

At GenCon, I had the chance to talk to these guys and I can confirm they read post. I would leave this word of advice to everyone on these forums. Since they read the forums be mindful of how you come across on every post. If you build a bad reputation, it's harder to get their attention.

Thanks for the great game that X-wing is. Just remember that peopl of older cards and do not be trying to fix things like Expose, making us buy more ships. Just do not be ashamed to make an errata. Be proud of correcting the flaws and conquer more admiration from fans of the game community.

FFG does the same thing with all their games: they don’t like to use errata unless they have to. So unless an older card breaks the game, you won’t get your wish.

As you say, what they do instead is publish new things that help. They could make a new pilot that is good with Elusiveness, or a title that makes Proton Torpedoes and Concussion Missiles better.

Now, what about the petition for imperial capital ships?

I think that if you got a response at all, it would be something like their hint in the interview about the TIE Advanced: it's not forgotten. Keep the faith.

Also, no company is going to accept unsolicited design work for publication. They probably will give you a form response to this effect, or perhaps just delete your email without reading it, so to speak.

If they made this change, you might have a claim to some sort of compensation, and they will not allow that.

As you probably know, Paul Heaver and Doug Kinney designed two of the cards that came out with the Outrider expansion. I'm sure they had to sign a standard non-disclosure agreement which includes a clause to the effect that their design work is the property of FFG.

Yea it's clear they read on here, as a lot of people's wishes have been fulfilled this year.

I think the biggest things people want at the moment that haven't been fulfilled yet are:

1) Tie Advanced Fix

2) At least one imperial huge ship

3) Prequel/Clone wars ships

4) Rebels Ships

One main reason I started playing the game was because there was no prequel crap, it actually looked like a REAL Starwars game. It wasn't called 'Naboo fighter' with a 6 year old boy as a pilot card.

Edited by Abraxsi

To the original questions, no, I have not sent FFG anything other than money for a well designed and executed product.  So long as they do not introduce power creep into the game, I will continue to do so.

To the poster who mentioned not using the nubs, that is a pretty good house rule.  Just remember that for FFG sanctioned tournaments, they will have to abide by the letter of the rules because the rules are the rules.

No because I'm not a total putz, I'm a big boy and I can deal with things I don't like.

I don't know if that's completely necessary. I also wouldn't write a message about things I don't like, but I didn't get the vibe that OP was trying to be whiney or pushy in any way. It felt like they were just trying to make a suggestion that they thought could help the game mechanics in their mind. I think that's something worthwhile that as other people have noted on this thread, FFG seems to do a great job of taking people's opinions. It can't hurt to send a message on things you would like to see. Will they read it? Maybe. Maybe not. Is it the wrong thing to do? I don't think so. If he was saying the game was broken or terrible because this card wasn't as good as it could be, then I'd be more on your side but I felt like his message was respectful and just trying to see if he could help contribute to a great game. 

After the latest Supreme Court case findings with the Hobby Lobby dispute and putting more legal grounds on Corporations being people I sent an email to FFG asking them to have my baby...

After about a month of silence I was given a very cryptic message about never contacting them again, and something about possible restraining orders and how I should evaluate my priorities in life...

Some people just don't want to start families and I don't get it. With my German heritage and brilliant background in computers I would think that FFG would be flattered to continue a bloodline with me. 

They are not. 

FFG only errata cards when they absolutely have to, only make minor changes that don't affect the card's basic function and then only because they feel there's no other way. They're not going to wildly change the ordnance cards or Elusiveness, they'd just release new cards.

No I have never done this.I really love the game as designed.  I do wish they would have more pilots for the various ships, and initially I would have liked card packs, but I am very happy with the repaints/new stuff option that they have going.

I seriously don't have any complaints about what FFG has given us so far and/or what they are planning on.  Keep it up FFG!

At GenCon, I had the chance to talk to these guys and I can confirm they read post. I would leave this word of advice to everyone on these forums. Since they read the forums be mindful of how you come across on every post. If you build a bad reputation, it's harder to get their attention.

Osoroshii, were you there when we were talking about damage decks? It came up in one of the last matches on Thursday, and one of the developers chimed in something to the effect of, "Yeah, the damage deck is distinctly wave 1. We're looking at ways to possibly address it. Like Munitions Failure. That card really sucks if you've paid for a secondary weapon."

That was the gist of it. I'm very interested to see what direction they'll go, but I'm nothing but optimistic about it.

Edited by Parakitor

Okay. Very well. Let's see if I can explain myself. But I want to read what they think before. 

I like the game. It's very good. 

But consider these points: 

1 elusiveness - Who do you think is a good card? Who defends the use of it in your squad? 

2 Proton Torpedoes / Missiles concussion - What do you think of the cost in points is correct? How do you feel seeing four points being thrown away in an unsuccessful attack? Example: The target is hit and takes only 1 damage? 

3 Expose - EI is currently the best way to use Expose, but the additional cost and the token of stress is good? Pay off? Or expose remain a despised card? Remembering that EI is a dotted card.

Edited by Salamanderjunior

Everything is fine.

Just because you favor an EPT over better ones doesn't mean you should try to change, make it work.

There's a risk in taking ordnance just as the opportunity cost of not running them is there as well.

Running Expose with Experimental Interface is also a risk vs. reward thing. If we make everything magically cheaper, we'd be making X-Wing too easy and the game would become stale and stagnant.

Yea it's clear they read on here, as a lot of people's wishes have been fulfilled this year.

I think the biggest things people want at the moment that haven't been fulfilled yet are:

1) Tie Advanced Fix

2) At least one imperial huge ship

3) Prequel/Clone wars ships

4) Rebels Ships

Yeah man they are on it, so guys leave them alone and stop bothering their secretaries.

Nerd-Stalkers... go home!

:rolleyes:

Everything is fine.

Just because you favor an EPT over better ones doesn't mean you should try to change, make it work.

There's a risk in taking ordnance just as the opportunity cost of not running them is there as well.

Running Expose with Experimental Interface is also a risk vs. reward thing. If we make everything magically cheaper, we'd be making X-Wing too easy and the game would become stale and stagnant.

Completely agree with this statement. In the case of Expose, I've run it a couple times, I think it's great and it's balanced, it's great on someone who can move around the field and dodge firing arcs. All mod cards in general are pretty well balanced, some are more favored because they have better synergy with some pilots than other cards, but if a card really sticks out to  you and works well with your strategy, no reason you can't use it just because nobody else is using it.