Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RLogue177

Now that's podracing!

9 posts in this topic

Where is the podracer vehicle profile?  I see in FnDb we get stats for a Podracer Pilot [Rival], but I'm not seeing vehicle stats for podracers in any of the books.  Am I missing them?

If they don't exist yet, would one simply take the stats for a swoop and increase the Speed while lowering the Handling and call it a day?

I am guessing podracing and swoop racing might be a thing in the upcoming AoR Stay On Target book.

Edited by RLogue177

I might reduce the HT as well, since they seemed to be notoriously finicky.  But definitely a speed boost; and the handling drop seems to make sense too, given the fact that canonically Humans just didn't react quickly enough to race them.

Pod racing is so pre-clone wars..that kind of thing got boring once some stupid human kid won a race, then EVERY human thought they could do it, and ruined the sport

Now swoop racing  is awesome.  Strap a seat onto an engine, then tie it together with a repulsor, add some sissy steering vanes to the front and you got something dangerous, instead of a repuslor bathtub pulled by a few engines.

I don't think the vehicle rules in the game make stats much of an issue.

kaosoe likes this

I feel like the Silhouette should be bumped up to 3 as well. Not so much for the cabin, but because of those massive engines. Even the ones that aren't outrageously tall (I'm looking at you, Sebulba) are still very long.

Where is the podracer vehicle profile?  I see in FnDb we get stats for a Podracer Pilot [Rival], but I'm not seeing vehicle stats for podracers in any of the books.  Am I missing them?

If they don't exist yet, would one simply take the stats for a swoop and increase the Speed while lowering the Handling and call it a day?

I am guessing podracing and swoop racing might be a thing in the upcoming AoR Stay On Target book.

Stay On Target?? Where can I read more about this???

Stay On Target?? Where can I read more about this???

This will be a new Sourcebook for Age of Rebellion - see the AoR forum ;-)

there is WEG source book "Black sands of Socorro" that has a great section focusing on Swoop races and courses

The modular encounter in Suns of fortune isn't much.  all "Threats" are suppose to be traps used against the PCs.  I figure for a more legit race it could be random obstacles

Pod racing was outlawed and fell out of favor during the empire/rebellion Era to swoop racing. It wasn't after 27 aby did it make a comeback. So the reason is that people's tastes went to swoops and that's what makes it kinda gone in the game canon wise.