Sign in to follow this  
Nisshan

So how do one do the Kessel Run?

Or other smuggler runs?

In suns of fortune there is a module called Corellian Shuffle. Just read it but found it a bit confusing and not very clear.

Is there a easy way to run smuggler runs.

How would you do it? or can someone explain the Corellian Shuffle rules clearly?

As it happens. The writer who developed the Corellian Shuffle is a semi-regular poster on the FFG boards. I wouldn't be surprised if he poked his head in and cleared things up for you.

It's true. What is the confusion in the Corellian Shuffle you're experiencing? I will say, the Shuffle is A smuggling run. Each run is going to be a bit different. No one has tried to do a module or modular encounter for the Kessel Run (and I imagine the way the Kessel Run functions in the EU might end up changing, as the parsecs being time/distance thing might correct itself)

Yeah something about black holes and stuff. 

I was just looking for a way to do smuggler runs in general. 

I was confused by the way time and rounds is handled. I guess a run is just small encounters with astrogation cheks inbetween.

I think the best way to handle smuggling runs is the same as the best way to handle any sort of encounter that might be repeated: change it up each time.  Run A will be a cakewalk...if they can convince that overzealous junior port official to issue you exit papers.  Run B would be doable, except you are wanted on the system you're headed to, and they know your transponder code.  How are you going to handle that?  Run C is lawless, so papers won't work anyway; and the Empire has system patrol boats in blockade over the planet you're headed to.  Can you outrun them, and then hide your ship from the inevitable pursuit?  With Run D trying to evade is just going to end badly, and they picked you up a parsec out.  Will you be able to hide the spice well enough that their boarding crew won't find it?

The time keeping mechanic in the Corellian Shuffle is really optional. It's there to provide a repeatable challenge for players, which was useful at a time this game line was very young and didn't have much content available. You just tally the number of rounds it takes to complete. At the end, you add them, and players get an additional reward based on their time, so they could brag about it at a local cantina.

If you just want to do smuggler jobs, its not hard. You just need a cargo and a destination, and that cargo has to somehow be illegal at that destination. Complications ensue. There can be social challenges in picking it up, dropping it off, or dealing with security forces. There can be combat options in dealing with rival criminal factions or security. There can be skills challenges in malfunctioning equipment. It is just like running any other encounter.