Sign in to follow this  
Nisshan

Long arm of the law - suns of fortune

so in this encounter from suns of fortune the pcs are stopped by CorSec but what if the Empire stopped them instead or even pirates.. all would be bad for smugglers.

I'm running a campaign with sandboxy elements. When the pcs travel from planet to planet there should be a chance of running into trouble. So I am trying to come up with other modular encounters like Long arm of the law.

one would be A small station imperial station and some Tie-fighters. How do I stat an unmoving station?

then a Imperial Dreadnought or cruiser what is the equivalent of a CorSec partrol boat? and some Tie-fighters. If unlucky maybe Tie-intercepters.

and lastly a interdictor-class Stardestroyer with squads of ties. 

and then pirates. The same thing..

a single pirate ship...

a ship and some fighters..

and a full on ambush for the unlucky pcs. a couple ships and fighters.

So could you guys throw stats, ideas and comments at me?

Unless they've got a dedicated gunship, flight of Starfighters, or a Capital Ship themselves, anything more than an armed freighter is overkill.  There may be larger ships in the distance, of course, but that's the "or else" you can hang above your players' heads if you need to.  Assuming they've got the usual Silhouette 4-5 Light or Medium Freighter, 2-4 Starfighters or a similar-sized freighter is probably a good fight.

As for specific ships (assuming you're talking about the usual 0-1 ABY time period), the following are appropriate for basically any situation other than a major Imperial task force.

Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser

EF-76 Nebulon-B Frigate

CR-90 Corellian Corvette

Marauder-class Corvette

GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat

YT/V/G-series Light Freighters

BTL Y-Wings

Z-95 Headhunters

CloakShape Fighters

Take what you need, then add in locally-produced designs (like the LAF-250 for CorSec) and the occasional Clone Wars surplus for extra flair.

I know its overkill but they can always run for it or bluff/bribe their way through... Didn't even know the Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser exsisted...

what about space stations?

I know its overkill but they can always run for it or bluff/bribe their way through... Didn't even know the Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser exsisted...

what about space stations?

But will they?  Some players see overwhelming force and think "time to go", others see it and think "let's do this".  You know your group best, of course.

The Dread's in the Age of Rebellion Core Book.  They're an old and inefficient, but reliable, capital ship that predates the Clone Wars.  You weren't missing much.

For space stations you could probably just take any large transport or capital ship and remove it's Speed and Maneuverability values.

What ship and weapons do your players have?

A firespray.. and they stole a claw-craft, basically a fancy tie-interceptor. and they have a broken x-wing (or half of one). 

It´s a small group and they used to running away.

A firespray.. and they stole a claw-craft, basically a fancy tie-interceptor. and they have a broken x-wing (or half of one). 

It´s a small group and they used to running away.

Oh, I know what a Clawcraft is, all right!

I figure that:

4 TIE Fighters/Z-95 Headhunters ~

2 TIE Interceptors/X-Wings ~

1 Lambda Shuttle/Skipray Blastboat

You can pit the players against something slightly more powerful than themselves while still giving them a good chance to win.  So 6-8 TIE Fighters, or fewer more powerful ships as appropriate.  If you're looking for sector-specific designs, Suns of Fortune has plenty of Corellian military ships.  And don't be afraid to take the stats for one ship and modify them to create something else.  A CloakShape with a heavy laser cannon and another point of maneuverability could easily become a Hapan Miy'til, or a Z-95 with proton torpedoes and an astromech droid for a Naboo N-1.