Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SithShadowPirate

Scum & Villainy Huge & Epic

275 posts in this topic

Also, I want to see Jabba!

Jabba the Hutt (takes two slots)

Action: Assign the "bounty" condition to an enemy ship.

Cost 7

Bounty (condition)

All ships with the "bounty hunter" elite pilot talent change all  [focus] results

to [hit] or [evade] results when attacking or defending against you.

Bounty Hunter (EPT)

When attacking or defending, you may add one [focus] result.

You cannot equip this card if your pilot score is 5 or lower.

Cost 4

Obviously, it needs to come with scum YT-1300 cards so that Jabba has another ride besides the YV-666.

While it makes sense from a fluff perspective,  making Jabba a 2 slot crew card has the issue that only 1 ship in the scum fleet can take 2 crew

It's not a problem if the expansion Jabba comes with also has a title like "Sabine's Masterpiece" which ironically adds a crew slot. I hadn't thought of it until I started typing that he just need to come with a title card that it turns out that particular title adds a crew slot, her's was the first example that came to mind.

That would increase the number of ships that can take Jabba to what, seven?

"Jabba's Shuttle."

Scum Only. Large ship only. Title.

swx59-sabines-masterpiece.png

Edited by SithShadowPirate
gabe69velasquez likes this

Also, I want to see Jabba!

Jabba the Hutt (takes two slots)

Action: Assign the "bounty" condition to an enemy ship.

Cost 7

Bounty (condition)

All ships with the "bounty hunter" elite pilot talent change all  [focus] results

to [hit] or [evade] results when attacking or defending against you.

Bounty Hunter (EPT)

When attacking or defending, you may add one [focus] result.

You cannot equip this card if your pilot score is 5 or lower.

Cost 4

Obviously, it needs to come with scum YT-1300 cards so that Jabba has another ride besides the YV-666.

While it makes sense from a fluff perspective,  making Jabba a 2 slot crew card has the issue that only 1 ship in the scum fleet can take 2 crew

It's not a problem if the expansion Jabba comes with also has a title like "Sabine's Masterpiece" which ironically adds a crew slot. I hadn't thought of it until I started typing that he just need to come with a title card that it turns out that particular title adds a crew slot, her's was the first example that came to mind.

That would increase the number of ships that can take Jabba to what, seven?

"Jabba's Shuttle."

Scum Only. Large ship only. Title.

swx59-sabines-masterpiece.png

7 non-small ships if you include the Epic ship (likely Star Jewel & Wild Karrde) that Jabba would come with.

1. Firespray 31
  2. Aggressor assault fighter
  3. YV-666 light freighter
  4. JumpMaster 5000
  5. Lancer-class pursuit craft
  6. Minstrel-class space yacht
  7. Action VI transport

29724198184_363b1eeeb7.jpg

30057356320_680e9d6442.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Another ship that could be considered as a potential Scum epic, the Needle Ship.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Needle_ship

v5xqwj.jpg

The Needle Ship, also referred to as the Squib Needle Ship, was a vessel used by the Squib Reclamation Fleet. The ship was 50 meters long and made from recycled parts of other ships and was primarily used to salvage materials in space. The ship, though occasionally lacking some shielding and lasers, was equipped with 10 tractor beams that were operated by skilled operators which were used to attract debris and garbage to shield the ship and deflect onto oncoming lasers and missiles. The beams could also project debris back at enemy ships.

One known ship was the Thrifty, the personal ship of the Squib king Ebareebaveebeedee.

The ship could offer new tactics and abilities to the game. It could serve as a support ship but also as an attacker. It could pull in enemy ships and even move around obstacles on the playfield.

Edited by Vector

Another ship that could be considered as a potential Scum epic, the Needle Ship.

v5xqwj.jpg

The Needle Ship, also referred to as the Squib Needle Ship, was a vessel used by the Squib Reclamation Fleet. The ship was 50 meters long and made from recycled parts of other ships and was primarily used to salvage materials in space. The ship, though occasionally lacking some shielding and lasers, was equipped with 10 tractor beams that were operated by skilled operators which were used to attract debris and garbage to shield the ship and deflect onto oncoming lasers and missiles. The beams could also project debris back at enemy ships.

One known ship was the Thrifty, the personal ship of the Squib king Ebareebaveebeedee.

The ship could offer new tactics and abilities to the game. It could serve as a support ship but also as an attacker. It could pull in enemy ships and even move around obstacles on the playfield.

It's a cool idea, but 50 meters is about the canon length of the Hound's Tooth, which FFG made as a large base ship. 

v5xqwj.jpg

But... it's soooo ugly:huh:

v5xqwj.jpg

"she may not look like much but she's got it where it counts"

gabe69velasquez likes this

Another ship that could be considered as a potential Scum epic, the Needle Ship.http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Needle_shipv5xqwj.jpg

Well, yeah... It looks like a slightly less ugly version of Leia's ship from The Force Awakens...

ianmiddy likes this

Databank_Squib_colored.jpg
It's not as crazy an idea as I thought it was at first glance as the Squibs seem to have a long history. 

Momship was a term used by the Squibs to refer to the personal vessel of the Squib king. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, the Momship was the needle ship Thrifty, which served the current King, Ebareebaveebeedee.

"Squibs. They'll sell you a bucket of air if you let them, and keep the bucket." - Han Solo

SithShadowPirate likes this

Another ship that could be considered as a potential Scum epic, the Needle Ship.http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Needle_shipv5xqwj.jpg

Well, yeah... It looks like a slightly less ugly version of Leia's ship from The Force Awakens...

Though unlike the Resistance Transport, the Needle ship may travel vertically and not horizontally, at least based on looking at the illustration I'm assuming. Though it would be interesting to see how FFG will interpret the ship based on its depiction and stats given about it from its source, the West End Games book Scavenger Hunt.

Another ship that could be considered as a potential Scum epic, the Needle Ship.http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Needle_ship

v5xqwj.jpg

ResistanceTransport.jpg

*Looks at the two...*

No. No I'm sorry, I just don't agree with you there. The transport is about as aerodynamic as a square banana, but it looks like one ship. The Needle ship looks like what it's made out of; junk, cobbled together. Given the choice between the two, I'd rather take the banana. 

Besides, if it really is a cobbled-together one-off how would you card it? The Recycler-class frigate? The Compactor-class barge? The Spesehulk-class space hulk? I'm just not seeing it as epic material, sorry.  :(

SithShadowPirate and UnitOmega like this

Another ship that could be considered as a potential Scum epic, the Needle Ship.http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Needle_ship

v5xqwj.jpg

ResistanceTransport.jpg

*Looks at the two...*

No. No I'm sorry, I just don't agree with you there. The transport is about as aerodynamic as a square banana, but it looks like one ship. The Needle ship looks like what it's made out of; junk, cobbled together. Given the choice between the two, I'd rather take the banana. 

Besides, if it really is a cobbled-together one-off how would you card it? The Recycler-class frigate? The Compactor-class barge? The Spesehulk-class space hulk? I'm just not seeing it as epic material, sorry.  :(

I just assumed at first that it could possibly be considered an epic as its size is between the Hound's Tooth and the Imperial Carrier, the latter being an epic Imperial ship. Also another factor is if FFG would keep the ship at 50 meters or either increase the size or make it smaller. Because it sports 10 tractor beams, we could assume they might increase the ship's size.

The actual thing limiting the scum epic ship in my mind is zuckuss riding on it. The only way I see around that being broken as sin is if he's ineligible due to the stress cost not affecting the epic ship.

Right, Zuckuss is just flat-out a problem.  Huge ship ignores stress, so Zuckuss just goes ahead and forces everyone to re-roll every evade die, because why not?

Imagine a Scum CR90 - that's four attacks a turn (at least...potentially 7 a turn if the CR90 went with Quad Laser Cannons for all its hardpoints) where all 'good' agility results are getting rerolled at no cost...

And Zuckuss is a recent release - this, to me, seems to point to FFG not even having a Scum 'Huge' ship in playtest at the moment, or Zuckuss would have come out with a 'small or large ships, only' limitation.

We could see the first Epic ships with real pilot cards, and only team slots, no crew slots. Or maybe not.

Scum CR90 with Zuckuss is broken.

They could still errata Zuckuss for a Scum Epic release to Small and Large ship only.

Captain Lackwit likes this

Zuckuss wouldn't have an insane impact on epic (even in an epic ship). Let's assume the scum epic "corvette" gets 1 primary attack and has 3 hard points. If it is anything like the other epic ships that exist then it will only have 2 crew slots. These are EXTREMELY important. Some options for these slots are near auto-include. If Zuckuss is selected as epic crew that's one less upgrade picked to improve your rolls.

In a standard round we'll assume you have 4 shots to take. In faction there aren't any cpt Jonus' so all you have to modify all 4 attacks is... One target lock, oh and zuckuss will make the green dice less reliable for the enemy. So assuming the first primary is 4 dice, it probably uses the target lock and you probably deal some decent damage with it. Then all you have to modify the three other (probably three die) shots is zuckuss. I'm not too terrified of three 1.5 hit rolls being forced through green dice when I have 8+ tie fighters at least on the table. Maybe that is just me though. I look forward to how they make the scum epic unique. In fact if it had more crew slots (3) that would be a scummy mercenary feel of its own.

I don't look forward to the new Scum Epic automatically always re-rolling all of my defense dice, especially when the attacker modifies the attack dice last.

Zuckuss is interesting no doubt but perhaps the balance will come in special crew that are MORE desirable to take than Zuckuss?  Jabba taking up 2, or even 3 crew slots for example... could be an extremely powerful card that might allow for a ton of battlefield control.

If the new scum epic comes with crew, they will have to errata Zuckuss, definately. Edited by gabe69velasquez

Assuming a gunship (ie, Corvette/Raider) type vehicle:

Legit:

Dengar is a must-have; he's a built-in Jonus (Granted, uniques are somewhat rarer in Epic, but still).

Gonk is poor value.

Boba would be hilarious as always.

IG-88D is... a 4pt Gunner discount, I guess? IG-88A might provide some marginal synergy, too.

Latts Razzi: Combine with Reinforce and a stress-dealer for great hilarity.

Greedo: Terrible idea, but technically legal.

Ketsu Onyo: Not illegal, but whether it's useful would depend a whole bunch on what else is in the box.

Changed:

4LOM ends up costing an energy.

Broken:

Zuckuss and Bossk are currently usable 'free'. And come with pretty shiny bonuses. Even when Bossk's focus token wouldn't stick around, he still ends up Huge Scum FCS in the process, and that could well be worthwhile regardless.

Nonfunctional:

K4 & Outlaw rely on colours that don't exist on a dial.

Unkar Plutt grants free actions when you ram ships... but rammed ships explode. (I guess it miiiight be able to work on ramming other Huge?)

Edited by Reiver

Legit:

Dengar is a must-have; he's a built-in Jonus (Granted, uniques are somewhat rarer in Epic, but still).

Gonk is poor value.

IG-88D is... a 4pt Gunner discount, I guess? IG-88A might provide some marginal synergy, too.

Ketsu Onyo: Not illegal, but whether it's useful would depend a whole bunch on what else is in the box.

Changed:

Broken:

Zuckuss and Bossk are currently usable 'free'. And come with pretty shiny bonuses. Even when Bossk's focus token wouldn't stick around, he still ends up Huge Scum FCS in the process, and that could well be worthwhile regardless.

Nonfunctional:

Unkar Plutt grants free actions when you ram ships... but rammed ships explode. (I guess it miiiight be able to work on ramming other Huge?)

88D wouldn't work as a Gunner unless the ship comes with a Cannon slot, as 88B's ability specifies that upgrade.

Unkar Plutt also wouldn't work, as Epic ships can't receive free actions.

Zuckuss is the biggest problem, but could be errata'd to "Small or Large ship Only".

I just took a look at these IG-2000 pilot cards...

IG-88 A ... Best one to sync with.

IG-88 B ... Not Functional unless they add a cannon slot.

IG-88 C ... Not Functional

IG-88 D ... May be the reason they used this one as the crew,

...which suggests SCUM EPIC is coming.

(nevermind, I just saw the IG-88 D was maneuvers, I hadn't check which.)

Was kicking around a list for an escalation event where a TO was allowing Scum some of the existing 'Epic'-ships, and noticed something of a brutal combo.

In a faction where Zuckuss exists...check out that 'Comms Booster' cargo upgrade.

Yikes?!

Oh, snap-shot-Dengar, you picked up 9 stress last turn?  No problem - you're clear.  And here's a focus!  Not sure that's going to be easy to balance...

...nevermind that Scum without an illicit slot doesn't feel very "scummy", yet...an Epic-scale ship with Glitterstim?  ...Inertial Dampeners?  etc...

Dunno, maybe a Scum 'huge' isn't as inevitable as we thought - not sure how FFG would prevent some of these rather powerful combos...

Zuckuss on the huge itself.

FFG would just do some card errata like they have in the past.

Same with Dengar.

But the "problem" is that both Dengar and Zuckuss were wave 9 releases - IE., they just came out, yet did not specify 'small or large base, only'.

Given we seem to be in pretty general agreement that they'd be crazy broken on Epic-scale ships, and as a new release they lack the text that would prevent them from being equipped to Epic-scale ships...the logical conclusion is that FFG doesn't have a Scum Epic-scale ship currently in playtest (or the interaction would have been caught, and the cards would have been released with appropriate limiting text on them instead of what we got).

If a Scum 'huge' ship isn't even in playtest, yet...then it would seem to indicate we either aren't getting one, or if we are getting one, it's going to be quite a long ways out...

I disagree, as it's been said, FFG has already started editing cards,

so they can do it for Dengar and Zuckuss, even if it's just an errata.

I mean really, the new world champion was telling Alex Davy he might do

a Yoda crew upgrade or a Ben Kenobi card, so he could always do a

Jabba the Hutt card one doesn't exist in the design department already.

Legit:

Gonk is poor value.

Changed:

Broken:

Nonfunctional:

88D wouldn't work as a Gunner unless the ship comes with a Cannon slot, as 88B's ability specifies that upgrade.

Zuckuss is the biggest problem, but could be errata'd to "Small or Large ship Only".

Ketsu Onyo, now that you mention it... suggests the possibility of a cool new hardpoint tractor beam.

Legit:

Gonk is poor value.

Changed:

Broken:

Nonfunctional:

Ketsu Onyo, now that you mention it... suggests the possibility of a cool new hardpoint tractor beam.

Falcon tossing, anyone? :D

And yes, IG-88B only works if it has a cannon slot. Not impossible, but on second thought also not likely either.

Legit:

Gonk is poor value.

Changed:

Broken:

Nonfunctional:

Falcon tossing, anyone? :D

And yes, IG-88B only works if it has a cannon slot. Not impossible, but on second thought also not likely either.

Ordnance-tubes.png

Well they did do a modification for missiles and torpedoes, so it's actually unlikely they wouldn't consider it, maybe.

Edited by SithShadowPirate