SithShadowPirate

Scum & Villainy Huge & Epic

282 posts in this topic

32430131275_1dc158c368_c.jpg

That looks great !! I'm still trying to find a decent 3d-printable version, but all those I've tried I just can't get to work with my printer...looks like I may have to buy one from eBay Russia after all...if FFG do bring one out, I assume it'll be another year at least  :(

Managed to place a pre-order for the new epic at my local shop no release date but still very excited

Nice!  if you are one of the first to get there's perhaps you can post some photos

Managed to place a pre-order for the new epic at my local shop no release date but still very excited

Nice!  if you are one of the first to get there's perhaps you can post some photos
Will do

On 1/14/2017 at 5:11 PM, gabe69velasquez said:
On 1/10/2017 at 0:01 PM, gabe69velasquez said:

so for the second scum epic ship, considering the dark gray of both Imperial Epic ships,

and the very pale grey of both Rebel Epic ships, it's a very good bet that it will also be a tan color...

32099422022_19a2aa6330_o.png

I may be going a bit overboard with the red stripping.

31469455584_e472c18f21_z.jpg

32191715201_abdc3008e1_z.jpg

31974442283_049a7b45d3_c.jpg

32748054796_70f5db2a42_c.jpg

31974445443_2711f9c7ef_c.jpg

32748058856_08ffab9c54_c.jpg

Apparently you're not the only one liking this paint scheme.

Rhaivaen, ianmiddy and RuusMarev like this

On 2/21/2017 at 1:55 AM, SithShadowPirate said:

32748058856_08ffab9c54_c.jpg

Apparently you're not the only one liking this paint scheme.

28765262185_d9189571b8_c.jpg

Well when you do as much painting as he does I'd guess you get around to every style, but I like the FEDEX one the best.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:57 AM, SithShadowPirate said:

But they have toned it down for the current article. 

c-roc-600px.gif

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/20/merchant-one/

swx58-insatiable-worrt.png swx58-broken-horn.png swx58-merchant-one.png

swx58-cikatro-vizago.png swx58-azmorigan.png swx58-supercharged-power-cells.png

swx58-quick-release-cargo-locks.png swx58-heavy-laser-turret.png 

It doesn't look as vivid, it looks more like the used a plastic that is that color, not actual paint. 

I'm glad to know all three titles now, but that Insatiable Worrt dropping the overall energy to three feels like a trap. 

Supercharged power cells sets an interesting precedent. 

And Heavy Laser Turret kind of answers the question of huge ships ever using anything but non-ordnance hardpoints.

Swx58-heavy-laser-turret.png  Heavy_Laser_Cannon.png

Oh wow really can't wait for scum epic to take off. Would prefer the first epic to be more like the corvette or raider since I have an awesome model ordered to proxies out to feel the place, but beggers can't be choices and I will welcome the C-Roc with open arms all the same.

Let me ask if in casual epic if I was to use a corvette for scum are there any upgrades that would be broken on it with scum crew I should be aware of?

gabe69velasquez likes this

5 minutes ago, AdamGATX105 said:

Oh wow really can't wait for scum epic to take off. Would prefer the first epic to be more like the corvette or raider since I have an awesome model ordered to proxies out to feel the place, but beggers can't be choices and I will welcome the C-Roc with open arms all the same.

Let me ask if in casual epic if I was to use a corvette for scum are there any upgrades that would be broken on it with scum crew I should be aware of?

Zuckuss and Dengar crew most likely.

3 minutes ago, AdamGATX105 said:

I think we've reached a general consensus that Zuckus Is OK on a C-ROC, since they only have 1 shot/round ...

...but it seems hewould be somewhat more daunting on a multi-shot platform. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, AdamGATX105 said:

23062958575_31c54d3e03_o.png

Edited by gabe69velasquez
AdamGATX105 likes this

24 minutes ago, gabe69velasquez said:

23062958575_31c54d3e03_o.png

You know if you where ever bored you could do a custom epic fore and aft card for me with those stats with this image. Ordered the model of this ship and going to proxies it as a scum epic.

hsgs6709inset1-lg.jpg Have to flip the image I guess, its the Arcadia from Captain Harlock's :)

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, AdamGATX105 said:

You know if you where ever bored you could do a custom epic fore and aft card for me with those stats with this image. Ordered the model of this ship and going to proxies it as a scum epic.

hsgs6709inset1-lg.jpg Have to flip the image I guess, its the Arcadia from Captain Harlock's :)

I know the ship as I own a copy of the 2013 movie, but to do a card for it I would want to give it its own stats, using actual specs. 

Well that was easier than I thought it would be.

Dimensions: lenght: 1077m, width: 312m, height: 355m

Edited by gabe69velasquez
AdamGATX105 likes this

13 minutes ago, gabe69velasquez said:

I know the ship as I own a copy of the 2013 movie, but to do a card for it I would want to give it its own stats, using actual specs. 

**** bigger then I thought lol.

Just always loved the design saw the movie and some of the anime. The model I order is around 13/14 inches so was going to use it as a larger scum epic in casual games. A smaller one 5/6 inches would fit in Armada as well lol. Luckily thius area is laid back and more casual focus when they do play

1 hour ago, gabe69velasquez said:

http://www.cornponeflicks.org/harlock/pirateships.html this list the green version as 400 meters long whiuch I think is more accurate since it was comparable in size to the Yamato. The 1077m version I think is from the new movie remake

On 3/23/2017 at 11:29 PM, gabe69velasquez said:

More Pics out there...

32774560754_24221f3a04_b.jpg

33488071891_ddaa5b3d5d_b.jpg

33488078361_0688c38746_b.jpg

I think this is going to be my favorite Epic ship, it looks like Jabba belongs on it more than the Star Jewel. Probably the resemblance to this:

d0bcc6a1dc96df6ff8493cb56f.jpg

RuusMarev likes this

1 minute ago, SithShadowPirate said:

swx58-jabba-the-hutt.png

The whole article is on Jabba, shame it wasn't more than a listing of illicit upgrades.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/27/jabba-the-hutt/

Yeah, i don't see Jabba being used for much in either standard or Epic. Maybe more so in epic if you are running a double C-roc list as Epic gives you one more transportation option so you don't have to blow points on a YV-666. Shame that the lancer is only 1 <crew> slot. Hey FFG could we get an errata to the title for that? Add a <crew> slot for his greatness Jabba the Hutt.

Still the biggest issue is that he is really only good with a swarm so you can get as many illicit doubles as you can. Yeah I guess a cloak with a failsafe isn't too bad but ever since the decloak nerf cloaking actions is like the mobile firing arc action, you would rather do something else. Also there are now a lot of other mobility options out there that stops you from attacking. SLAM for example.

SithShadowPirate likes this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Yeah, i don't see Jabba being used for much in either standard or Epic. Maybe more so in epic if you are running a double C-roc list as Epic gives you one more transportation option so you don't have to blow points on a YV-666. Shame that the lancer is only 1 <crew> slot. Hey FFG could we get an errata to the title for that? Add a <crew> slot for his greatness Jabba the Hutt.

Still the biggest issue is that he is really only good with a swarm so you can get as many illicit doubles as you can. Yeah I guess a cloak with a failsafe isn't too bad but ever since the decloak nerf cloaking actions is like the mobile firing arc action, you would rather do something else. Also there are now a lot of other mobility options out there that stops you from attacking. SLAM for example.

Well the list keeps growing. Maybe there will be another one that comes with the C-ROC that will be best of all. 

Illicit  Upgrade 

Squad Points

Restrictions 

Text  

"Hot Shot" Blaster    3 none ATTACK: Discard this card to attack 1 ship (even a ship outside your firing arc). 3 Dice, Range 1-2
Inertial Dampeners    1 none

When you reveal your maneuver, you may discard this card to instead perform a white [Stop 0] maneuver. Then receive 1 stress token.

Glitterstim    2 none

At the start of the Combat phase, you may discard this card and receive 1 stress token. If you do, until the end of the round, when attacking or defending, you may change all of your focus results to hit or evaderesults.

Cloaking Device   2 Small ship only 

ACTION: Perform a free cloak action. At the end of each round, if you are cloaked, roll 1 attack die. On a focus result, discard this card, then decloak or discard your cloak token.

Rigged Cargo Chute   1 Large ship only 

ACTION: Discard this card to drop one cargo token.

Burnout SLAM   1 Large ship only.

Your action bar gains the SLAM action icon. After you perform a SLAM action, discard this card.

EMP Device   2 none

During the Combat phase, instead of performing any attacks, you may discard this card to assign 2 ion tokens to each ship at Range 1.

Scavenger Crane   2 none

After a ship at Range 1-2 is destroyed, you may choose a discarded TorpedoMissileBombCannonTurret or Modification Upgrade card that was equipped to your ship and flip it faceup. Then roll 1 attack die. On a blank result, discard Scavenger Crane.

Ships that can equip an Illicit Upgrade are:

Edited by SithShadowPirate

8 minutes ago, SithShadowPirate said:

Ships that can equip an Illicit Upgrade are:

Yeah but Jabba only works with Scum, so it made scum illicits slightly more potent than rebel illicits. But honestly there could be a better way of upgrading a card. Jabb's design seems rather uninspiring as being a universal EM for illicits. Missed opportunity but then again with all the Palp hate that FFG had decided to nerf, I guess they had to drop innovation and go with a safer option even if it results in a over costed meh card that will never see competitive play.

SithShadowPirate likes this