Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Papa Midnight

Guys, will Armada cause you to give up X-Wing?

53 posts in this topic

It's more the other way around. Since I'm already quite invested in X-Wing, that is a barrier to me picking up Armada. Which is too bad, because it looks like a great game. The Team Covenant demo at GenCon really helped me to understand the mechanics, and I am certain now it is a lot of fun. But Wave 6 for X-Wing is a bit more pricey than previous waves have been, so it would be difficult to jump on both. Too much Star Wars goodness all at once.

I will probably drop out of buying X-Wing, as I don't wish to start an entirely new faction.  I may still pick up the odd ship, and I will definitely continue to play. I am not a huge fan of the EU anyway, though, so depending on what direction they go I might pull out altogether.

Sacrifices must be made!

On the plus side, my brother just decided to go all-in on scum and take over the buying responsibility, so it looks like I will get to play with the new toys anyway...

Edited by Jedhead

Money is the biggest factor for me. Depending on how aggressive FFG is with it's release schedule for both games will determine if I can keep up with the two games. As long as Armada lives up to it's potential and they don't pound us to hard with new releases over the coming year, I could see keeping up with both.

Edited by admiralcrunch
ghaerdon2 likes this

Naturally I will end up cutting back on XWMG in terms of playtime to make way for Armada but I have no intentions of giving it up. Financially I think I'm able to support both systems as long as the releases are spaced out.

Vimnock likes this

Don't see why I'd quit X-wing. But then, I'm an Imperial player in X-wing and very picky in which ships I buy, so I probably have a bigger budget to spend on Armada than most.

Edited by keroko

No. X-Wing is still going to remain in circulation since it's easier to play, easier to get into, and I'm afraid likely easier to find players for. I know I'll be supporting other players by letting them play with my set, but apart from one other person I don't know whom in my FLGS circle will be collecting alongside me :(

Honestly, will Armada force you to drop X-Wing?  (assuming that you are collecting and gaming X-Wing to begin with)

Sorry, don't understand the question.  :huh:

I can't seem to wrap my head around people that can only cope with one game system in their life at a time. Why on earth would playing Armada force you to drop X-Wing? Nope, still don't understand the question.

VorackTheGrim likes this

I will stop buying new X-Wing stuff ... or at least nearly zero, because I am haven't finished my education yet. (lack of money)

Second reason for me is that Armada seems to be more interesting and complex.

I even thought about selling my X-Wing stuff to get enough money for Armada.

GrandAdmiralCrunch likes this

I have been buying all ships from both factions this whole time.  But with a third I don't think I am going to be able to keep doing that with armada due to money reasons.  I may cut back to just one faction in xwing.

Nope,

Won't be touching this game most likely.

Curious if it's the nature of the game, or the mechanics you see, or...

On a couple of other forums I follow, price and perceived (low) value are quoted a lot*.

Even allowing for a fair number of (unpainted) fighter stands, it is only three capital ships. I was the one brought up unpainted in a high ticket item. And, yes, I heard 'get by with a simple wash.' No, that's a comment, not an answer...

I'm not sure I agree completely, but '...especially when one of the "fleets" consists of one ship. That's not a fleet; that's a captain who got lost.' is some food for thought.

(Don't play X-Wing much, will get Armada, but, being part owner of a game store, my collecting hurts a lot less than for most people.)

Doug

Edit: *Not universally, mind you. ;->=

Edited by The_Beast
Papa Midnight likes this

I think with the new wave focusing mainly on the new faction I'll get around to picking up at least one of every ship that they release but I don't really feel the need to get out there and buy them unless they will help my own ships out like the Most Wanted and Starfury packs will. 

Though I suppose I'll by the ships that I recognize more from either game first.

I won't be.

But I have no real interest in Wave 6, so the money I would of spent on that will be going to Armada instead. But I will still most likely be playing more X-Wing then Armada.

I will be redirecting my mental energy from X-Wing to Armada, but I will still buy X-Wing and play it. X-Wing will simply become to me what it was always meant to be - a very casual beer and pretzels game. Armada will be my financial and emotional priority.

Edited by Atomic Boxer