Sign in to follow this  
player266669

Official FFG Adversary Decks

Ships and vehicles seem like the next obvious choice. 

Didn't even think of that, but yeah, that makes sense.

So what could another set of three be?

Force Users

Starfighters

Bigger ships

Or maybe combine both the ship sets and then do one for ground vehicles.

Since i haven't actually run a EotE game yet it's tough to say but from reading through my sourcebooks it seems like you could almost do a set of 3 ship and vehicle packs. 

Imperial and Rebel Starfighters (Rookie, Pilot, Squadron Leader, Ace)

Ground Vehicles (would include things like cloud cars and air speeders)

Freighters and Starships (yt, vh, sorrosub, cruisers, frigates)

Something like that maybe?

A deck of force users is also a given at some point. 

Edited by Cryix

Yeah, I could see various Force users as a future Adversary deck once FaD is out of Beta and the actual core rulebook is on shelves sometime next year.

I guess i was also one of the lucky ones to get a really cheap shipping cost, as it cost me less than 25 bucks to get all three after shipping and sales tax.

And I must say that I do like them, as they proved quite handy to have during a session I ran this past Friday, and I could see these being quite useful for pick-up games where the GM has minimal prep time or needs an NPC stat block for a fight right away.

I received my cards right before our last game session, and they were great.  I was able to pull out the couple cards I wanted, and set them in the corners of the little whiteboard I keep next to me.  It was much easier then flipping through the book, or printing out a stat block.  I'll take more of almost any type of adversary.  Force users and ships do seem like logical next steps.

My only complaint is the cardstock is a bit flimsy.  I would have paid an extra buck or two to have them coat the cards, or use a sturdier paper.  As is, I've ordered a nice little wood card box to hold them in.  I got one big enough to fit two decks of regular playing cards, figuring that would give me some room to expand into.

My only complaint is the cardstock is a bit flimsy.  I would have paid an extra buck or two to have them coat the cards, or use a sturdier paper.  As is, I've ordered a nice little wood card box to hold them in.  I got one big enough to fit two decks of regular playing cards, figuring that would give me some room to expand into.

The cards I got felt like they were very high quality, and almost indestructible!

Nevertheless, I did sleeve them as quickly as I possibly could. ;-)

Story time. 

I ordered my adversary decks a little while back and they still hadn't come. Today I got a call and it was a nice lady from fantasy flight asking if I had gotten my package. She explained there was an error and they'd be sending it out right away. :) 

Great customer service. :)

Just when I was wondering where my package was they called and explained what was up. 

Okay, I've sleeved my cards and acquired a dry-erase marker for writing on the sleeves. I'm now running into the issue of the sleeves a.) being slick and difficult to hold, and b.) increasing the card size, making storage troublesome. I've considered picking up a transparent deck box and customizing some dividers to break them up by pack. If I intermix them all, it'll be hard to find what I'm looking for in the heat of the moment.

I also think making little markers with the names on them and attaching them to the tops of the sleeves would be a good idea, but I'm a librarian and thus prone to irrational fits of obsessive cataloging followed by prolonged periods of sloth.

Anybody have any organizing and storage tips?

Anybody have any organizing and storage tips?

You can get "perfect fit" sleeves that are only about a millimeter wider and longer than the cards themselves, and very thin. Pinch and slide your fingers on the outside, and you can easily get a corner of the card in, and then the rest slides in easily.

These were designed to be an interior sleeve over the top of the card, after which you put a more substantial and larger sleeve over the bottom. That way the card is fully protected on all sides. Personally, I didn’t use them that way. I just used them like regular sleeves.

Whether in the smaller "perfect fit" sleeves or the slightly larger "normal fit" sleeves, you should be able to easily get a MtG or Pokemon card box that will fit them and keep them secure. Most FLGS should have these kinds of things, and if you’re not also an MtG or Pokemon geek, then find one of the store clerks who is, and they can give you appropriate advice.

I would LOVE to see an Iconics adversary deck featuring all your favorite heroes, villains, mercenaries, and monsters from the movies.  They'd have to make up a lot more than what are in the books, but I bet people would love to have the stats on hand for Han Solo, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Admiral Piet, etc.

I would LOVE to see an Iconics adversary deck featuring all your favorite heroes, villains, mercenaries, and monsters from the movies.  They'd have to make up a lot more than what are in the books, but I bet people would love to have the stats on hand for Han Solo, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Admiral Piet, etc.

To be honest, I don’t want to see stats for any of the main characters. IMO, doing so cheapens them. And if your newly created characters are able to easily kill Lando and do so, then that causes certain problems with continuity.

Sure, have the main characters show up in your games if you want them to, but draft up your own stats based on what you think would be right, and then you probably also want to make sure that you don’t create major continuity problems for yourself.

But that’s just my opinion.

I've been out of the game for a while, thought I'd just throw out this question here.

Has Fantasy Flight released any offical stats on cannon characters anywhere? Or will they not be stating up people like Darth Vader, Luke, Han, etc.

I've been out of the game for a while, thought I'd just throw out this question here.

Has Fantasy Flight released any offical stats on cannon characters anywhere? Or will they not be stating up people like Darth Vader, Luke, Han, etc.

The book "Jewel of Yavin" has some stats for Lando and Lobot. In one game we were in, Lobot was getting tired of Lando, and helped us set him up — but we did the job of killing him, and it wasn’t hard.

It's important to note though that FFG include a disclaimer saying that they only statted those two in regard to their function in that particular module. They side-stepped the issue quite skillfully, in my opinion. :)

IMO, they tried to side-step the issue, but failed. I hope that this is the first and last time that we see any attempt to provide any stat blocks for the most iconic characters in the game.

So long as Darth Vader turn out to be Proxy pretending to be Darth Vader (or maybe Vader has some of his own Vader-bots), I think we’d be fine. But I think that’s as far as I would go.

Posted (edited)

I'd love ordering these, but shipping from the US to mainland europe is ridiculously pricy 😕
Only Shops I could find here in the EU are either out of stock or charging way more than would be reasonable. 

Edited by Fl1nt