Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peroxis

Where to buy EotE when living on the fringes?

18 posts in this topic

I live in Australia don't know if there are any other Australians on here but anyone know any cheap places or ways to buy these Roleplaying books.
I bought the core rule book and 2 other supplements to it on Amazon before. But if i want to buy a $30 book off this site it costs me a minimum of $55 shipping.  
I don't know about you guys but something feels wrong with that to me.

I live in New Zealand and know what you mean. Postage is often 3 times the amount of an item I want to purchase, so I just do without.

A site I use regularly here is Fishpond.co.nz

I see they have a Fishpond.com.au

This website is great for me, because all the prices are converted to NZD and include shipping.

I hope this helps.

Yeah...Amazon is the evil giant that can afford to ship for incredibly low rates. FFG really can't compete in that arena. Buying off Amazon still supports the product, though.

Do you any Friendly Local Gaming Stores in your area that might pick up some big orders of the product?

I'm not sure if they ship to Australia or not but I use nzgameshop for getting a lot of my EotE and AoR books etc.

Could be worth checking out if they ship to you but Kiwis can use it.

Hope that helps. 

I live in Sydney and we have a few, but with FFG they seem to do very small shipments to Australia and as such some things can be hard to get.

Also remember Australia is huge, and the east coast represents a good portion of our population. If the OP is the back of Bourke his closest friendly game shop could be a bloody country mile or two away. :D

Edited by Amanal

It might not be that FFG does small shipments to Australia, but that Australian/New Zealand distributors don't order a lot. Not a big surprise. Around the same landmass as the US, but slightly better than 1/20th the population. Probably similar issues getting stuff to Australia as getting them to Alaska or Hawaii.

Yeh Australia in general has problems with shopping and I'm in Western Australia where its amplified a bit.

My local friendly gaming store does have FFG but I wouldn't really call them friendly price wise everything at least 25% more expensive. But i have got the GM book and dice from their.

I bet NZ must dp a bit better with this stuff, lord of the rings mustve had a noticable impact in the amount of people interested in fantasy.

Just going to have to wait for Far Horizons to get around a bit more and try a bundled shipment i pronably want that book the most.

kaosoe likes this

Australia used to be a part of England.  Back when England was a monarchy....

Technically an Empire....

And Australia was about as far away from it as you can get....

So....

You might say that....

You live on the Edge of the Empire.

*awkward laugh*

Edited by Serif Marak
Ghostofman likes this

I live in Sydney and we have a few, but with FFG they seem to do very small shipments to Australia and as such some things can be hard to get.

Also remember Australia is huge, and the east coast represents a good portion of our population. If the OP is the back of Bourke his closest friendly game shop could be a bloody country mile or two away. :D

Still I bet shipping from a Sydney shop would be more affordable than the states....

So....

You might say that....

*awkward laugh*

I think I need to give you a conflict point for that...

evanfardreamer and Serif Marak like this

I bet NZ must dp a bit better with this stuff, lord of the rings mustve had a noticable impact in the amount of people interested in fantasy.

sic

Nope. Not that I've seen...

So....

You might say that....

*awkward laugh*

I think I need to give you a conflict point for that...

Screw you, that was funny!

That makes about as much sense as "Utah must have a lot of Old West/Deadlands (Savage Worlds setting) players because of all the Westerns that were filmed there".

Are ANY of the books available electronically? I've looked at FFG and DriveThruRPG, and it doesn't seem like they are. Admittedly, though, that's not what I would call looking thoroughly for them. Point is, if they are, it would skip the shipping nightmare.

Are ANY of the books available electronically? I've looked at FFG and DriveThruRPG, and it doesn't seem like they are. Admittedly, though, that's not what I would call looking thoroughly for them. Point is, if they are, it would skip the shipping nightmare.

Nope, the licenses for star wars were written back in the 70s and 80s. As a result legally speaking a PDF of a game book is classified as an "electronic game" and falls under the video game license, not the tabletop game license.

That makes about as much sense as "Utah must have a lot of Old West/Deadlands (Savage Worlds setting) players because of all the Westerns that were filmed there".

I hear deadlands is huge in Italy..

I'm saying I think lord of the rings was a big influence on new Zealand. It goes beyond just the setting.

I'm not going to go on since it just theory and is boring lol.