Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WoodenMonkeyGod

EotE recruitment, Friday evenings 7-10pm MST(-7GMT) Google Hangouts+

194 posts in this topic

Well, you have plenty of time to finish it, so don't worry.  I like the ideas you guys are throwing out there.  I'm all for having a darkish side Force User mixed with a lightish side Force User in the group.  Makes for some good story telling.  Eventually the group will have to choose one side or the other, so it really just depends on the decisions you guys make as a group.  If the whole group is split half and half, one side is going to have to "turn" the other side eventually.  Or you guys can make it easy on yourselves and pick light or dark before we start.  Either way works for me.

I agree with Gribble that the group should only get one starting "Group Item".  And I'm ok with it being a holocron if that's what the group decides on.  Sounds like Kerfuffin might change his mind and make a Force User after all.

I've never been one to use the pre-made adventures out of the source books, so I'll come up with something good between now and the first session.  You guys are free to come up with any back story you like as long as it doesn't interfere with canon.  Saying something like "my grandfather was a Jedi Knight during the Clone Wars, and my mother hid me on the planet Annaj in the Moddell Sector" is fine for a background.  Something that wouldn't be ok would be "my father was actually Anakin Skywalker and I lived right next door to Luke growing up."  I'm sure you guys can come up with some good background stories though.  I'll probably be using a lot of Wizards of the Coast material to come up with the basis of the storyline, but I'll make sure all of the game mechanics are set to the FFG rules.

Still need one more player to round off the group if anyone is interested!

Maybe we grew up at a temple that during the clone wars got forgotten and stopped getting supplies. Maybe explorer corps. and over the last 50 years a new generation was born and we get off planet some how....

Nevermind likes this

Premade adventures should be ripped apart and used as spare parts for the game you are running.

The modular encounters from Suns of fortune are probably more useful than actual adventures for most GMs.

Maybe we grew up at a temple that during the clone wars got forgotten and stopped getting supplies. Maybe explorer corps. and over the last 50 years a new generation was born and we get off planet some how....

that seems good to me

So where were we and how did we get off? When are we and what do we know about what is happening in the universe. I am assuming we got the message from Obi-wan.

Also Nevermind Page 219 knight level play...you cool with that?
Perhaps we are the most skilled of the new generation setting out to get a state of the galaxy and next steps.

I'm ok with knight level play as long as the backgrounds are detailed enough to warrant it.  Doesn't have to be a novel, but I typically write a one page BG for a level 4 character or two page BG for a level 8 character in WotC.  Haven't created any characters in the FFG rules yet, still reading EotE.  One page should be enough, no more than two pages though. If you're not a strong writer, just give it your best shot and I'll work with you on the BG story.

As far as getting off planet, that will likely be your group's first goal if you decide to use the "secluded forgotten temple" as your group background.  Timeline will be around 1 to 2 years BBY or ABY.  I'll have to do some delving to come up with that.  Keep the ideas coming though.  Definitely a collaborative effort here.

yeah that planet is ripe for stealing idea from.
as is this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/K%27Kruhk

I think we should cobble together a new planet altogether.  A new master. etc.

Some planet names

Arbela Jais
Dagtar Firja
Melmelhon
Onact
Vernala

Some possible names for the Jedi Master
Aud Lun
Cenfol Gulno
Den Kat
Den Lei
Ger Drae
Koro Lar Ba
Nn Rhy Tho
Talthi

Awesome tool i found
http://comnet.imperialnetwork.com/topic/11012/

ill think on it tonight and the next few days. it's bed time here in california.

and that tool is pretty cool.

Once we all know a bit more it should be easier to figure out how we want to start/continue on

Oh some ideas in my head as to getting off.

Slavers...

Pirates...

foresee power use by the master to plan for the arrival..

Perhaps some of the above pirates or slavers in the past to gain XP along with the jedi master running his own version of the trials and training...

Off to bed as well. I am sure my head will think of ideas instead of sleeping :P

Nasty critters in the planet.

Indiana Jones style temple exploration.

Edited by Daeglan

As far as the part about getting off planet.  I'm thinking something along the lines of the situation in the Ewok Adventure movies, so slavers or pirates might work into that.  Maybe another spaceship crash landing on the surface of the planet sparks the beginning of the adventure and end result is that the group makes its way off planet somehow.  BG's should focus on trials and tribulations that lead up to the start of the opening session though.  Your certainly encouraged to come up with a BG for a mentor, new planets, new species, even new equipment or weapons if you really want to.  Or you can pick an existing setting and come up with a BG that fits into that.  You'll have to basically write a short story about some adventure(s) in your BG while growing up and living on this planet that warrants gaining your starting XP though.  If you just wanted to start at beginner level, the BG could be as short as a paragraph, but I like the way your going with it.

I'm up near San Jose, btw.

well looks like OggDude released the beta form of the F&D update. should be able to use that now. there is a link to the update on page 121 of his giant thread

also can any of you think of a different place to organize all this on? the forums seem clunky, once we get everything up and running particularly

What do we want to call the campaign?

How bout
A Hidden Hope.

Crouching sand Panther Hidden Krayt :P

The Hidden Temple.

Edited by Daeglan

I can set us up a google group. If everyone can

PM me their emails. Or really just Gribble :P

How do you PM in these forums?

highlight my name. send message is an option :)

Not on my tablet... Will try later from a PC.

Been thinking on the group background. Maybe it's a temple on a remote (but somewhat civilised) world. Clone garrison during the clone wars, which destroyed the temple and wiped out the Jedi stationed there with the exception of a single padawan. He got Obi Wans message and went into hiding in the ruins...

Cut to 10 years later when a bunch of kids, who have always been friends (for some reason they've been mystically drawn to each other...) decide to explore the old war ruins. They encounter the padawan and sensing the force in them decides to train them. Over the next ten years they become more competent and (driven by the ex-padawans hatred of clone/stormtroopers and the empire) start striking back against the imperial garrison.

As the campaign starts, news of the little insurgency has reached the sector governor and perhaps other imperial high ups, and things are about to get serious...

PS: Nevermind - the FFG RPGs assume that the current year is 1 ABY (I.e.: just after the battle of Yavin, but before ESB). But anywhere in the 1-2 BBY to 1-2 ABY range would work.

Edited by gribble
Daeglan likes this

highlight my name. send message is an option :)

Not on my tablet... Will try later from a PC.

I think you have the option turned off...as I can't send you one.

Been thinking on the group background. Maybe it's a temple on a remote (but somewhat civilised) world. Clone garrison during the clone wars, which destroyed the temple and wiped out the Jedi stationed there with the exception of a single padawan. He got Obi Wans message and went into hiding in the ruins...

Cut to 10 years later when a bunch of kids, who have always been friends (for some reason they've been mystically drawn to each other...) decide to explore the old war ruins. They encounter the padawan and sensing the force in them decides to train them. Over the next ten years they become more competent and (driven by the ex-padawans hatred of clone/stormtroopers and the empire) start striking back against the imperial garrison.

As the campaign starts, news of the little insurgency has reached the sector governor and perhaps other imperial high ups, and things are about to get serious...

I like it. So basically we start as an insurgency against the local garrison.  The temple is a couple hours outside of ton and thus eventually gets forgotten about by the garrison who assumes once the jedi are dead it no longer matters.

Maybe the single padawan is a single jedi knight who was away on a mission elsewhere on the planet and escaped.  But now is old and no longer able to travel. He saved a holocron and that is what is passed on to us.

part of our test was to destroy the comm station.