Sign in to follow this  
Rakaydos

[F&D] Statting Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy

So it occured to me when I saw it a few weeks back, that the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy can be pretty easilly converted to Edge of Empire (Smuggler/Scoundrel, 2x Hired gun/Marauders (one assassin secondary, the other Heavy secondary), and a Bounty Hunter/Gageteer) if you allow for custom races, with one exception: the walking tree. the closest I came was throwing him in the "jedi" bag and skipping him

Now that some people have the Force and Destiny book, I'd like to see people try to stat Groot.

I would think a Seeker/Pathfinder with Enhance and Bind powers would come close- but is there any other powers I should look at, and do I need to grab another tree for more FR?

As I've said before, the whole issue with Groot is that his abilities are tied to what he is, not what he knows.

The FFG SW games essentially treat race as cosmetic; there are no racial talents or anything beyond some very minor abilities.

But everything Groot does depends upon what he essentially is, and there's no way to replicate that in a PC race.

How about using the Enhance power but it effects Groot's size as a physical effect?

Using Protect on the whole group by shielding them literally inside itself (he or she be more appropriate?), that shed light ability and of course has a dependency on water that can be taken to extremes if there's a handy fountain nearby :)

Needs more work but if you can keep it simple and within the rules Groot could be a literal Alien Student of the Force? ^_^

Neti and Miraluka would be great aditions for future supplements. If I'm not mistaken, both species are force sensitive only and, while one could argue that playing a Neti would be difficult, FFG seems to be investing in different species as we can see by the new supplement which lets you play Hutt. I think that's awesome and like that sort of diversity in my game.