Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desslok

Gaze into the future of FFG!

37 posts in this topic

Pretty bummed that there wasn't at least one new product announcement for either EotE or AoR at GenCon. 

I'm surprised also, but that Day 4 video with Sam talks about the release of the Beta announcement stuff this week so maybe there will be other RPG stuff announced as well this week.  I don't fault FFG though because those mini games are just stupid money for them so I can see wanting to focus shelf space and efforts on X Wing and Armada.

kaosoe likes this

I was pretty underwhelmed by the GenCon rollout this year as a whole, not just FFG. Just didn't seem very exciting. A few things peaked my interest but I just didn't see any "must haves" like years past.

On the pdf topic, FFG has just announced a Star Wars board game - they didn't have license to produce those before, so contracts can certainly change. Do they offer pdfs of any of their other stuff?

Also, nice to see about Stay On Target. :)

Edited by I. J. Thompson
GMmL and kaosoe like this

Don't get me wrong, I play X-Wing, so the new ships is cool and I like the concept of Armada (despite the pricetag), so those were nice - but yeah, I cant help feeling underwhelmed that beyond the Beta (and even that didn't get announced) and some NPC cards, we got nothing.

2P51 likes this

Don't get me wrong, I play X-Wing, so the new ships is cool and I like the concept of Armada (despite the pricetag), so those were nice - but yeah, I cant help feeling underwhelmed that beyond the Beta (and even that didn't get announced) and some NPC cards, we got nothing.

Well.. It got you to post this thread. I accidentally hijacked it. And things were discussed. As a result, during a loooooong car ride this Saturday, I'll be listening to the EotE rules. :)

My birthday is Sunday. One present came early.

Edited by PrettyHaley
erik_wolff, Thaliak, kaosoe and 5 others like this

We know we have Stay on Target as a Q4 offering.  So I would think an EoE splatbook and a regional source book for the other two Q4 items to round out this year.

On the pdf topic, FFG has just announced a Star Wars board game - they didn't have license to produce those before, so contracts can certainly change. Do they offer pdfs of any of their other stuff?

Also, nice to see about Stay On Target. :)

FFG does have PDFs available on sites like RPGnow for other systems/settings, like the various WHF/WH40K settings.