Sign in to follow this  
Schmarbs523

So the new faction sounds cool but...

I can't help feeling a little bit disappointed from the announcements today. The Y-Wing is gonna get some love it would appear which is awesome. But what about the TIE Advanced? All I can think about is arguably THE most iconic character from the Star Wars universe has been relegated to an overpriced ship that is very infrequently used due to it's sh!tty-ness when compared to other ships of similar point values. I was really hoping for a TIE Advanced announcement I guess. Oh well. Hooray for IG-88, one of my favorite characters from the Star Wars universe!

The new ships could conceivably include upgrades and/or modifications that would benefit the TIE Advanced, or at least benefit Vader

This is also true.

Looks like we don't need the Yavin set, guys.

Even though I still want it.

I agree that the TIE advanced is overpriced/underpowered. However it puts it in a very interesting position in the game. The advanced was experimental, rare, and really just a hyperdrive/shields upgrade over the basic TIE. It doesn't fit into imperial combat doctrine at all, so when a list uses a basic advanced, they are set back by it slightly. The only time it works is with Vader, who the ship was designed for. It gives one of their top pilots better protection, but it is a TIE in almost all other regards. I feel bad about it, but I actually like how the ship is a rare sight on the battlefield both in the universe and in the game. And then, the most common pilot is, properly, Vader. It probably should be fixed anyway.

I too, would like to see some love for the TIE Advance.  For all we know something is in the works, I find it hard to believe with all of these 'Aces' packs we will not see one that features our favorite Sith's ride!

I've not yet lost hope for an Imperial large ship + TIE Advanced combo pack. Maybe not announced at GenCon. Maybe not anytime this year. But dammit, it has to happen.

I can't help feeling a little bit disappointed from the announcements today. The Y-Wing is gonna get some love it would appear which is awesome. But what about the TIE Advanced? All I can think about is arguably THE most iconic character from the Star Wars universe has been relegated to an overpriced ship that is very infrequently used due to it's sh!tty-ness when compared to other ships of similar point values. I was really hoping for a TIE Advanced announcement I guess. Oh well. Hooray for IG-88, one of my favorite characters from the Star Wars universe!

I just keep thinking of the Darth Vader acting all pouty and whiney like the prequel Anakin.

"But I want a GOOD ship Master!" /Goes off an force chokes a Moff out of frustration

Edited by JFunk

I just keep thinking of the Darth Vader acting all pouty and whiney like the prequel Anakin.

"But I want a GOOD ship Master!" /Goes off an force chokes a Moff out of frustration

I f**king love you for that.

The new ships could conceivably include upgrades and/or modifications that would benefit the TIE Advanced, or at least benefit Vader

While that makes sense, I'm sure there are people who aren't all that interested in the third faction and are now going to be buying ships they won't use for the cards. This was of course the case before with people that wanted just one faction. However it was more manageable. I'm interested to see how a third faction compounds what was really the one single valid

, if minor, complaint.

Chardaan refit should have been extended to the TIE Adv.

This. Or an upgrade that would increase the attack dice by one for a cost of 2 or 3 points as any higher point cost would defeat the purpose of rectifying the unreasonably high cost of the ship as it is now.

Wow, more and more disappointments from FFG @ GenCon.

Well, so that means for me,  wave 5 will be more or less the faraway gift for me...
Im sure i will play as long as i can without getting into this shyt... but thats it...

I still dont get why we needed a 3rd faction...
With that move i just see two things.. satisfying the loudest 35% in the forum (that was whineing about 3rd faction) and greed.
(I know i know they are a company... blablabla... still i had high hopes they would be different since their CS is excellent)

"Hey, Lets sell all the models again.... but not as Aces.. no no lets use the same ones for a 3rd faction... MORE MONEY!
AND we can still do in addition new Aces with the same models again.... for the originated Faction... MORE MOENY!"

Sad that i already sunk so much money in that game.. should have just borrowed miniatures as needed when playing.

Now im the whiner... hope it is worth it!

(Yes i neeed to rant... stick your comment up there where the sun is not shining...)

I too wanted a good version of Vader since...
THERE ARE ONLY 2 PILOTS ON EACH FACTION THAT HAVE 9PS AND ONE OF EM IS MORE OR LESS USELESS...
*dumba**es*

*done ranting*

Love you all!

So, had a thought.  In Wave 1, each faction had 1 PS9 pilot.  In wave 2, that increased to 2 each, and hasn't changed.  Will Scum and Villainy receive a PS9 pilot (I think it will).  So, who will it be?

Prince Xizor.

I still dont get why we needed a 3rd faction...

With that move i just see two things.. satisfying the loudest 35% in the forum (that was whineing about 3rd faction) and greed.

There's some fun stuff in Star Wars that doesn't fit neatly with the existing factions, and now they have a place for that stuff. They can also do some interesting design without (e.g.) the constraints of Howlrunner and Biggs.

And you can't have it both ways: either it's a decision that was only made to satisfy a small minority of players OR it will be financially profitable. It doesn't make sense to claim that not many people will like Scum, but lots of people will buy it.

stick your comment up there where the sun is not shining...

Same to you.