Sign in to follow this  
Corellian Corvette

Where is the Huge Ships?

Okay, 3rd faction, thats cool and all, but I won't buy it, unless they indirectly buff my rebel stuff in such a way that the Y-wing gets, say, a crew member or something (R2-D2 crew+ droid that limits incoming damage to be a maximum of 2= lulz) that I am compelled to buy it.

I am really looking for a Huge ship or two or three.  Please tell me that this isn't it!?!  That there is more stuff coming!?! Right?

I'd have said the same.

The popularity of capital ships clearly made it clear Armada would sell.

It seems a bit odd to have a starfighter game that pushes itself to include big ships and keep making big ships when you release a capital ship game.

essentially its like wanting titans in 28mm 40k at the expense of a new army rather than just playing 'epic' (im assuming most folk are familiar with Gw systems)

Just my opinion.   If i was FFG i'd want my design team not to be working on two sets of rules for the same ship in two scales if i could help it when they could be making each game have things more suited to itself.

In a sense, if you played Armada (and im speculating here) its a bit like wanting z95 swarms to replace your xwing swarms before they release a space station :)

Gah... was hoping for a big ship so epic wouldn't be so one sided... kind of annoyed about the repaints on the y's and z-95... just more boxes I need to buy for ships I already had 6 of each... 

But, new ships, new faction, the continued success of the game??? Awesome! Look forward to seeing what these Firespray and HWK mods are, but, at the same time, is every ship in this game gonna get some love before the advance?

I really wonder if we will see the Huge ships for the Imperials any time soon.

As much as I love the look of my corvette and transport. I found them to not be really that much game enhancing when playing X-Wing. I favor the dogfight aspect in this game. Its a pity but I think that capitals just do not work that well in X-Wing, I am however looking forward alot to Armada and will probably play both for the different gameplays they promote.

It just feels like a little waste tough to have the corvette and transport, now that we get a Capital ship game with new scales.

I'd have said the same.

The popularity of capital ships clearly made it clear Armada would sell.

It seems a bit odd to have a starfighter game that pushes itself to include big ships and keep making big ships when you release a capital ship game.

essentially its like wanting titans in 28mm 40k at the expense of a new army rather than just playing 'epic' (im assuming most folk are familiar with Gw systems)

Just my opinion.   If i was FFG i'd want my design team not to be working on two sets of rules for the same ship in two scales if i could help it when they could be making each game have things more suited to itself.

In a sense, if you played Armada (and im speculating here) its a bit like wanting z95 swarms to replace your xwing swarms before they release a space station :)

Its more about the fact, they started the whole epic thing, released rules for it, two rebel ships....then several months later, still nothing for the empire. One of epics greatest strengths would be two epic ships duking it out with fighters buzzing all around doing their thing.

Now who knows what's going to happen.

I really wonder if we will see the Huge ships for the Imperials any time soon.

As much as I love the look of my corvette and transport. I found them to not be really that much game enhancing when playing X-Wing. I favor the dogfight aspect in this game. Its a pity but I think that capitals just do not work that well in X-Wing, I am however looking forward alot to Armada and will probably play both for the different gameplays they promote.

It just feels like a little waste tough to have the corvette and transport, now that we get a Capital ship game with new scales.

My view exactly.  i bought both huge ships for upgrade cards and the fact they look good on the shelf, make a good alternative to asteroids.

To me xwing is about small dogfights, the biggest things that 'work' well for me are the large ships but the best games are those with lots of fighters whizzing about.

I think if you love capital ships then clearly Armada is the way to go

All games are built for a scale, both in thr true sense of the word in the sense of the points value its designed for.

for example 2nd and 3rd ed 40k were designed for games of a max of 3000 points, once you started playing with 10k a side the mechanics broke down, far better to do those size actions with epic

essentialy you dont use a chainsaw to cut your bread and you dont use a bread knife to chop a redwood down... 

use the right tool for the job and the right game system/mechanics for the scale of the game you enjoy.

Gah... was hoping for a big ship so epic wouldn't be so one sided... kind of annoyed about the repaints on the y's and z-95... just more boxes I need to buy for ships I already had 6 of each... 

But, new ships, new faction, the continued success of the game??? Awesome! Look forward to seeing what these Firespray and HWK mods are, but, at the same time, is every ship in this game gonna get some love before the advance?

Oh I forgot about that thing. Poor TIE...

I don't even care, I'll just bring my CR90 into Armada as an executor-class corvette that launches little baby corvettes.