Sign in to follow this  
Gadge

Stay on target... Hi all from a new(ish) Uk player.

I might as well get in on this.

Hi Gadge.

Another Midlander here. Although more Heart of the Midlands ( Brummie )

So what side of the galaxy do you prefer. I see your better half has chosen the true Heroes of the galaxy judging by the in game picture.

I might as well get in on this.

Hi Gadge.

Another Midlander here. Although more Heart of the Midlands ( Brummie )

So what side of the galaxy do you prefer. I see your better half has chosen the true Heroes of the galaxy judging by the in game picture.

Yeah she had a nice pair...of tie fighters there at the back of her formation.

heheh

I've bought fleets for both sides.  Other than phantoms and defenders (im more of a classic trilogy guy but made exceptions to the HWK as its in dark forces) ive bought most things by now....

I tend to play rebels against Sian and Imperials vs other friends.  Currently building up a cosplay TIE pilot costume to join the 501st with a bit of luck.

There's a Beeston on group? What? Beeston over Leeds area? That's a little closer to me in Castleford. Now I just have to surgically remove the brush and scalpel from my hands!

Hey gadge, did I hear you say airsoft?...a few of my other toys! http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/airsoftpage.htm

Although nothing really recent as due to injury my UKARA hasn't been renewed, bah

Beeston Nottingham.   sorry if i got you excited there.

Yeah i do a lot of airsoft, i'm the assistant editor of Airsoft Action magazine so it's work as well as pleasure!

(btw thats not an invite for people to pick up on my grammar or typos, i'm notoriously lax in forums as i have to think all the time about being perfectly correct in my writing in the day) :)

Hi Gadge, nice to see another UK based gamer on here! I'm over in Northampton and apart from the odd game against my son and daughter I've not really had much chance to play. Not against grown-ups anyway!  :D

Notice on your sig that you play Rogue Trader... Is that the original tabletop 40k? And if so what do you play? I sooo want to get some games of this in!  :wub:

Hehe yeah Gadge, I had to stop buying simply because I had no more room to mount anything else! I lost count so there are a few that aren't even on the website! The Minigun was supposed to be the pinnacle of my collection...then I bought a few more...<facepalm>

Bah, shame about Beeston though, I wouldn't mind a 'proper' gaming group to try out the big ships in epic battles

Hi Gadge, nice to see another UK based gamer on here! I'm over in Northampton and apart from the odd game against my son and daughter I've not really had much chance to play. Not against grown-ups anyway!  :D

Notice on your sig that you play Rogue Trader... Is that the original tabletop 40k? And if so what do you play? I sooo want to get some games of this in!  :wub:

Hi Hounds Tooth

Yeah i have a group that plays original rules rogue trader (with adds on up to about WD127) we run a blog it's here:

http://talesfromthemaelstrom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/zoats-vs-imperial-army-deathworld.html

Digging the Old Skool love on show there mate! I'm currently slowly, very slowly building up a small Chaos Marine warband for Rogue Trader myself.  Got to love the old stuff... And the new stuff too. Just in case any of the X-Wing boys start getting upset at us going off track!  ;)

hahaah

I'm pretty much an old school star wars fan.

Prequels are ok, watched them once, no desire to see again.   I watch the originals over and over again, four or five times a year.

EU stuff is allright, especially when its not mucking about with major things and exploring the finges of the empire and not inventing super duper new ships for the sake of it.

Aa ahhh, the heady days of rogue trader. Making your list was the best bit..l miss jet boarding zoats with las cannons bolted to their heads tossing vortex grenades around like sweeties....who could forget the shampoo bottle drop ship in the rule book, those days, my friend were about proper gaming, these young 'uns don't know they are born with their pre-painted minis and high quality game components, ok, that's nuff said, apparently it's time for my afternoon nap....

Oh, x-wing, yeah, that's cool too...

hahah, hence the need to nearly always have a scenario and a GM for RT

Moving back on topic it re-enforces what i've said in a few threads about when you stretch a games rules mechanics too far the bog down or break.

RT was designed for you to have mo more than about 20 models a side in a reffed scenario.

People played it like fantasy battle with 'armies' , gw responded by doing 'army lists' and then it took two days to play a company size action :)

2nd ed 40k, puruposely was built to handle these bigger games

3rd ed built to sell more space marines....