Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tonylovessunny

Another Open Letter to FFG

37 posts in this topic

​I don't really wonna insult you or put you down just it was already so many this kind of request and this is really pointless....... So just tired about it and go straight to the points.

And if you really like the game you will not stop to play because of that...... 

Cheers!

I don't think it is pointless. It's something we've gone over several times in the past but FFG may be waiting for "sufficient interest".

I don't think there's much to say on the matter though - we can periodically ask, and then just wait and see.

Yes sure if will be many request and sells go down maybe but… I dont think it will happen

Don't worry OP, FFG looks after all its customers:

1. Grab "The End Comes"

2. Call it "Unexpected Courage"

Problem solved. 

And if you miss the utility of "The End Comes", then after you complete your expansion collection you can grab a used set for like 20$.  :D

Glaurung likes this

Oh yeah! It is the best idea.

Even when another player plays a repeated name of a card. For example, Dwalin hero and Gloin ally. I say, 'ok then, so my ally Gloin will be - i dunno, for example ... - ...Longbeard Dwarf.

Or when i play Redhorn Gate with Arwen inside a deck. 'Ops, i forgot! So my ally Arwen will be Bofur spirit', for example.

I can understand this sentiment, surely, even if i did buy 3 core sets.

but, buying 3 core sets is still cheaper than purchasing just 1 booster box of Magic (or any other CCG out there) and you'll end up with more useless cards (all those junk commons and rares) than you do with 3 core sets.

at the end of the day, it's up to you. you can find core sets online for ~$25 - which, i don't think, is too much to ask - especially given the money sink of every other CCG out there (that doesn't follow the LCG model, of course).

I think I'd rather they release the errated cards as a POD first, because its not possible to buy those ones at all.

Bying a second starter set for like 20 euros is indeed a good deal, once you have bought a few packs.

Edited by FetaCheese

I still think many of you are missing the point. The point isn't "I am whinning because FFG screwed up the core set" but that I am explaining to FFG that, unless there is some kind of trade secret that they'd rather not tell their clients, that there is enough interest from the fans to actually purchase something like this. 

From a marketing perspective, it is an easy sell. From the perspective of actual sales, it seems that it would be a better seller than the nightmare decks. From the point of design, it is practically designed already. They would have to just touch up some text at the bottom of the cards. It has to be a financial issue or a budget issue with FFG. 

Continually telling people not to mention this does nobody any good. It is only a win for players and for the company, so it is up to the company to decide if they want to continually shaft new players by limiting the cards they can purchase and the methods for doing so. 

LOTR LCG is not a collectable card game, so I don't understand why anyone would bother saying that three core sets is cheaper than a MTG booster box. They are not equivalent. Nobody wants the extra cards that you get from your core sets. Cards are not worth more than the set you bought them in.

I agree with you, tonylovessunny. I think about this sometimes, "The Lord of the Rings The Card Game, Upgrade pack". 

This awesome game has so much players and fans than it looks. And something like this would be a hit. 

I would like to see, included in that Upgrade pack, a new rulebook including the FAQ and all the expansion rules, and cards fixed, errata free and with the easy mode icon.

I feel this game needs to improve the community support, with more stuff (boxes, playmats, dividers, ...) and tools. I see the awesome tool that  FFG has launched for X-Wing and if we had something like that for LOTR...  a great Card designer, including quests... I would love to reuse my encounter decks.

Edited by ruferto
gandalfDK and Fryden like this

Look, FFG are not stupid, if it would have been profitable for them to offer us an upgrade pack, they'd already have done so. Selling multiple copies to players however ensures that their stock of starter boxes sells at a decent rate for them and it is never returned back. That's good enough a reason not to alter their marketing plan. So it's not happening. Make some proxies instead.