Sign in to follow this  
LordCole

Z-95 on sale

I got really excited for a moment.....

then didn't buy any.

because honestly, who gives a ****?

Oh I don't know, a friend of mine flys Z-95's and he does well with them, its really the equivalent to Tie Fighters for the rebels except Z-95's have the luxury of shields and the ability to carry missiles, while also having target lock which effectively acts like every ship has his personal howlrunner onboard.  I'm not sure if its competition worthy, but if you can build a mini swarm at 50 points.  He makes it even tougher for me by flying Wedge with them.

then didn't buy any.

Oh I don't know, a friend of mine flys Z-95's and he does well with them, its really the equivalent to Tie Fighters for the rebels except Z-95's have the luxury of shields and the ability to carry missiles, while also having target lock which effectively acts like every ship has his personal howlrunner onboard.  I'm not sure if its competition worthy, but if you can build a mini swarm at 50 points.  He makes it even tougher for me by flying Wedge with them.

Not gonna lie.

I was just being a jerk.

I linked it to a few friends in case they might want some Z's. 

A squad of 8-Z95s took 1st place in X-wings tourny.  It won against the famed Howlrunner tie swarm.

Edited by jpltanis

A squad of 8-Z95s took 1st place in X-wings tourny.  It won against the famed Howlrunner tie swarm.

Yeah that doesn't really surprise me, in particular if you match up the potential of both squads.  Having 2 shields on each ships is like having a limited supply of 2 evade tokens on each ship.  Having target lock on every ship is like every ship acting as a Howlrunner (kind of).  In a straight up shooting match, statistically the odds would definitely be in the Z-95's favor.  In particular if you consider that in the first couple of rounds critical s mean absolutely nothing to Z-95's who absorb it with shields while the Tie's have to take all critical s as criticals. 

The main advantage for the Tie's is maneuverability and I think that could make a considerable difference.  The ability to barrel roll and the better maneuverability of the dial after the initial clash should give the Tie Swarm a field advantage but I would venture to guess that Howlrunner got taken out early in the match which alleviates a big chunk of the advantage that the Tie Swarm has in terms of shooting, while the Z-95's retain it for the entire match.

then didn't buy any.

Z95 are nothing like tie fighters

2 evade vs 3 is a huge difference.

Hlc and missles eat these things up.

I've seen game where is lose one before it fires.

When I use ties they do not very one shooted as easily as a Z. Even though a tie has one less hp, that barrel roll, focus, evade is awesome.

Having a target lock is nothing like having howl's ability.

With Howlrunner with my ties I can re roll one dice and then focus.

With a Z you can target lock but no focus.

The damage output on them is low.

Yes they can equip missles but when focus fired they drop fast.

I don't see how these could win a tournament.

Hlc, Phantoms, Fel, Firespray eat these things up.

Anything that can maneuver, or equip a hlc shreds em