Sign in to follow this  
RookieOne

Decimator, 100 point 1 ship list? And imperial astromech question

I felt it was rude to clog up the forums with both questions so I thought I'd put it into one post.

With the upcoming release of the decimator and its cost, (I'm not an amazing squad builder) will we be able to see a 100 point list solely featuring one ship (not including epics)? If so, could those veteran players gauge whether or not it could be successful or would it be too easily overwhelmed?

My second question was half story, half development. I recall in some of the original series seeing some black astromech's possibly aboard a star destroyer (which may make my question invalid), so my question is was there any imperial ships in EU or otherwise that used Astromechs or were they exclusively used by the rebels? Just a thought.

As for your first question, the decimator is less than 50 points, meaning you would need ~50 points in upgrades to round out a 100 pt list. Not even remotely a good idea (even if it was possible). You would be destroyed in maybe 2 or 3 turns. I've seen a few people with 2 decimator lists.

Edited by Cptnhalfbeard

No.

Yes.

No because you will not be able to shrink thier force faster than they can shrink yours!

Yes. The empire did use droids for various tasks on larger ships but not starfighters. We could see some imperial droid crew but I'm pretty confident we'll see droids as rebel only and cloak/stall/white K stuff-- advanced technology-- as imperial only with the rebels getting bombs and the imperials getting more imperial only crew/EPT

The most expensive Decimator I can work out (within reason) comes to 79 points. 

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46) + Expose (4) + Proton Bombs (5) + Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6) + Dauntless title (2) + Gunner (5) + Ysanne Isard (4) + Mara Jade/Vader/Fleet Officer (3) + Shield Upgrade (4).

Technically you could push it up to 80 by swapping the 3 pt crew for a 4 pt Flight Instructor, but since the Decimator has 0 agility that makes very little sense.

Not that this build makes sense to begin with, but hey, you asked!

If the plan makes no sense and is likely to fail, then its the last thing they'll expect!

I'm tempted to make a blackadder reference but I'm aware it may be lost on a more american forum...

Thank you for the calculations though Horsepire, I still appreciate the effort.

I was going to mention the lack of "Rebel only" title on the droid cards myself Forgotten Lore but it could be to do with the fact that they never intended to give imperial a droid slot anyway i suppose.