Sign in to follow this  
any2cards

GEN CON Containment Thread

So from looking at the Victory class Star Destroyer I and II the differences seem to be that the Victory I has black dice instead of blue dice for its main guns and that the Victory I seems to have a torpedo/missile upgrade while the Victory II seems to have an ion cannon or turbolaser upgrade symbol instead. 

I just hope there maps for 3x3 I mean comeone not everyone has a 6 foot table.

Standard size will be 3x6 but that's also a 300 point game. From the demo it's pretty clear that a smaller, say 150-200 point game would fit on a 3x3 table quite easily.

But you can pick up a 4x8 sheet of sanded plywood at Menards or Homedepo for 25-30 bucks. Another 6-10 for 2 yards of black cloth. Cut 2 feet off the long end, then you have a 4x6 black table topper, leaving it at 4 foot wide, gives you 6 inches on each side for cards and tokens.

just got to find the place the wife will let me put it.

You do need access to a saw of some sort to take the 2 feet off...

But the nice thing is, a sheet of plywood doesn't take up a ton of space since it's so thin. So you could just stand it up in the back of a closet or something when you're not using it. Or even slide it behind the couch.

Worried a bit about scale of the frigate vs VSD... hard to tell from the pic.  Wonder if bases will be standard size like in X-wing or different.  If they are the same it "lookS" like its almost bigger then the VSD even though it is almost 25% shorter.

EDIT: sorry base looks bigger on frigate so hard to tell but looks be be zoomed in the pic vs the VSD.

Edited by dandirk

Never heard of the Gladiator class and they went with the ugly Assault Frigate, but cool! More news!

That assault frigate looks really ugly, but it is hard to tell from that picture alone

The pic doesn't do it much injustice unfortunately. 

250px-Eaw_ass_frig_mk2.jpg