Sign in to follow this  
any2cards

GEN CON Containment Thread

Even though I have no life, I am unable to make it to Gen Con (Aug 14-17th).

I very much would like to live vicariously through those that are able to make it.  So, I, and I suspect many others, would be very appreciative to those that can go, if they would share thoughts, photos, gaming opportunities, etc. within this thread.

Thanks in advance !!!

First reaction since we can only react to the look of it...

• The capital ship models look awesome
  • The scale of the cap ships to the fighters looks great
  • Card layout and art again look great
  • The base size detracts from the ship visual. I'd make them matte black. Keep the posts clear
  • The connecting pieces on the fighters look too "thick". Great for strength but detracts a little from the look

Wish I could be there!

I cannot be the only one chuckling at how they made a slightly tweaked version of X-wing's Howlrunner swarm rule a standard TIE rule.

Meanwhile, all X-wings seem to get a semi-Biggs.

The details on the cap ships are awesome especially the VSD. Also liking what I see on the starfighter cards. Their abilities match their roles on the battlefield very well and it echos what players are already used to in X-wing Mini.

I think it's a 2v2 game. Less need of staff that way.

That could be.

a few perhaps interesting thoughts...

No other ships on the table, which may or may not mean anything.

It looks like they're playing a 6x3 table. Even if it's a 2x2 game, you could still play 2x2 X-Wing on a 3x3 so that may be the standard table size.

It looks like fighters roll more dice vs Cap ships then they do each other, based on the fighter cards.

I think it's a 2v2 game. Less need of staff that way.

That could be.

a few perhaps interesting thoughts...

No other ships on the table, which may or may not mean anything.

It looks like they're playing a 6x3 table. Even if it's a 2x2 game, you could still play 2x2 X-Wing on a 3x3 so that may be the standard table size.

It looks like fighters roll more dice vs Cap ships then they do each other, based on the fighter cards.

Really?  I thought the burst-looking laser value would be their anti-squadron attack (just like the capital ships) and the blue or red dice listed for the ties and X-Wings respectively might be their capital ship attack.  It is hard to tell, though.

The opposite, actually. That symbol next to the dice-a-plenty is the symbol for the anti-squadron armament shown on the VSD stand.

Which makes sense. Having fighters roll more dice against capitals than the capitals themselves would leave little reason to actually take said capitals.

Edited by keroko