Sign in to follow this  
jivjov

Far Horizons in hand, what do you want to know?

I want the book.

I've actually been digging into Far Horizons over the last two days. For comparison, it's been over two weeks since I looked at my copy of FaD.

Word, but we aren't the most objective opinions at the moment..............

The fact that you HAVE a copy of F&D infuriates me, haha.

I gotta say though, I know some people were balking at the price point of all these supplements, but FFG has been doing a FANTASTIC job of packing loads of content into each one and really making each book so worth it.

I love that in addition to new spec trees and races, every career splat comes with campaign hooks and neat rules.

Yeah, I skimmed through that section a bit...these books are just so DENSE and content rich. And have great art.

I agree on the art. FFG has spoiled me there. I recently picked up the D&D 5e PHB and everyone was raving about the art in it. It's not bad (except for all of the deformed halflings and the chimpanzee-faced elf), but I didn't find that the art in it was up to the standards of FFG games.

The art is exceptional in their products.  I love the Armada cover.  PHB isn't fabulous, there are some nice pieces, but it also wasn't the horror show some people alleged in their forums.

Game nite tomorrow, and I am hoping can convince some people to order via CSI so we(I) can dodge shipping.  I want this and Arda.

I must weep... weep...

My local gaming store has had their delivery for today ... and still no Far Horizons. :(

Interestingly my FLGS had Far Horizons but no Arda - being released at the same time, I would have thought they'd be in the same box. Ah well - this is the one I *REALLY* wanted. Arda's cool, but not nearly as pressing on my mind.

Yeah, I skimmed through that section a bit...these books are just so DENSE and content rich. And have great art.

The art is fantastic, per normal - but this time there wasn't one piece that just blew me away this time, not like the utterly gorgeous Lost Temple Covered in Webs from the Explorers book.

The art is fantastic, per normal - but this time there wasn't one piece that just blew me away this time, not like the utterly gorgeous Lost Temple Covered in Webs from the Explorers book.

The back cover of this one is really nice. Probably my favorite.

Interestingly my FLGS had Far Horizons but no Arda - being released at the same time, I would have thought they'd be in the same box. Ah well - this is the one I *REALLY* wanted. Arda's cool, but not nearly as pressing on my mind.

They told me they don't know why they don't have it yet. They ordered a bunch of them and normally FFG's stuff arrives reliably. Interestingly, they did have Arda.

They told me they don't know why they don't have it yet. They ordered a bunch of them and normally FFG's stuff arrives reliably. Interestingly, they did have Arda.

Heh, looks like you wound up with my other box.

. . . . and no, I did NOT wind up with your box! You cant have my FH! No, no, no, no! [cuddles book] Nobody can love you but me. There, there - it'll be all right. . . . .