Sign in to follow this  
Blusox69

Anyone going to Gencon?

Last year, Wave 3 was on the shelf at their booth, but you could only buy limited quantities--two each of the small ships and one Lambda, IIRC. Unfortunately I'd expect the same rules to apply to whatever is released this year, as well, which means you'd have to find someone who was going but wasn't planning on getting any for him- or herself.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

I'm also in this camp.

Not going to GenCon myself as I live on the other side of the country but if anyone is going and willing to hook up a fellow X-Winger...

;)

I'll totally be your best friend forever.

Pinky swear.

I would do this if I was going to Gencon just to tell people my best friend happens to be "Explosive Ewok". Oh the ice breakers that would create is worth the ticket of admission into Gencon. 

And for life? Does that mean mine or yours? Cause you know, explosives and Ewok's are not the best things to be put together.

I am going, I will be dressed as Han Solo and my son will be whiny farm boy Luke. I am going to be at the entrance a couple hours early and sprint for FFG booth. After the spoilers yesterday I am pretty confident we could see the outrider and decimator. Last year I got B-wings and Bombers and they had yet to make it to store shelves. It took probably 6 more weeks before I saw them at my FLGS. Some of The Lord of the rings LCG decks available at gen-con took much longer then that.

I'm also in this camp.

Not going to GenCon myself as I live on the other side of the country but if anyone is going and willing to hook up a fellow X-Winger...

;)

I'll totally be your best friend forever.

Pinky swear.

I would do this if I was going to Gencon just to tell people my best friend happens to be "Explosive Ewok". Oh the ice breakers that would create is worth the ticket of admission into Gencon. 

And for life? Does that mean mine or yours? Cause you know, explosives and Ewok's are not the best things to be put together.

Total life-debt style, aka, the Chewie shuffle.

It's kinda like spontaneous combustion, except with exploding.

It happens quite often, unfortunately. Makes it hard to type.

Last year at GenCon the presale of wave 4 was on Thursday. On the presage day you were limited on the amount you could buy. one friday and saturday you could buy as much as you wanted.

Wave 3 not wave 4

I'd love to go to GenCon to meet all you awesome people in person!

I was hoping this thread was for talking about who all was going and how to meet up. Sad sheep.

I say there is no reason we can't hijack this thread and turn it into that. I'm going to be there and Will wear a name tag with my user name on it.

Wow, SableGryphon AND Osoroshii...I'm going to be honored to meet all of you cool people there. I'll be sporting my screen name, too. This will be fun.

...and all my hopes of making it to Saturday's draft have gone out the window.  :)

Don't underestimated yourself, after all you should look up my name in Japanese.

I was hoping this thread was for talking about who all was going and how to meet up. Sad sheep.

I say there is no reason we can't hijack this thread and turn it into that. I'm going to be there and Will wear a name tag with my user name on it.

I'm starting to think I should just get a label with mine on it, for future Gen Cons, as I go every year. And yes, this should be turned into a meet up thread!

I'll be there as well.  Going up and spending Saturday at the convention.  5th year in a row now :)

Only planning on getting one Decimator for myself if they are there.  (So that shouldn't fill my "quota" if they are doing that again this year)

And I'll be in the vendor hall almost the ENTIRE day because I love the Vendor Hall and the Artist Alley *drooling over the thought of checking out the artwork and catching up with friends there*

I plan on stopping by the Star Wars X-Wing gaming area a time or two also.

As far as meeting up goes, I'll be wearing a black sports backpack thingy with a white Puma logo on it :)  If you see me, just be like "X-Wing Fo Life, Mah Homie!!"  (the Mah Homie part is optional) :P

I'm starting to think I should just get a label with mine on it, for future Gen Cons, as I go every year. And yes, this should be turned into a meet up thread!

I will be dressed as a steampunk sheriff. I should be rather noticeable. If you somehow can't perceive that, look for my custom pink movement templates that say 'Sable Squadron'. :)

Wow, SableGryphon AND Osoroshii...I'm going to be honored to meet all of you cool people there. I'll be sporting my screen name, too. This will be fun.

...and all my hopes of making it to Saturday's draft have gone out the window.  :)

Don't underestimated yourself, after all you should look up my name in Japanese.

I actually speak Japanese, which is part of the reason your user name stands out to me.

I will probably be wearing a collared button-up shirt that has blue on it. I like blue. Friday I'll be hoping to get some pick-up games of X-wing, maybe even some epic play if there's space.